Indiana's "Religious Freedom" Law

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Indiana's "Religious Freedom" Law

Post by Indy »

Validant effort. But it always ends the same with people like him.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I know. I shouldn't feed it.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Mornin', fellas. Two things. Interesting aside, the young girl in the initial interview is only 16 years old. She was opening the restaurant for her parents. Sourced from a local message board from a person who lives in the town:

It was a major setup.The news57 girl was setting up her cameras at 6:30 am on the sidewalk 3 hours before the girl got there to open. They have a cross on their wall. They had a nice Easter display inside.

So if true, would all the people mocking her for her teeth be bullying a minor who was, not surprisingly, not very well-spoken when being interviewed? Food for thought.

Tammy Bruce expands and clarifies in a better way than my comment about "making you guys look bad" did:

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/tammy-bruce-g ... -was-about

Indy

Post by Indy »

Dan H wrote:Mornin', fellas. Two things. Interesting aside, the young girl in the initial interview is only 16 years old. She was opening the restaurant for her parents. Sourced from a local message board from a person who lives in the town:

It was a major setup.The news57 girl was setting up her cameras at 6:30 am on the sidewalk 3 hours before the girl got there to open. They have a cross on their wall. They had a nice Easter display inside.

So if true, would all the people mocking her for her teeth be bullying a minor who was, not surprisingly, not very well-spoken when being interviewed? Food for thought.

Tammy Bruce expands and clarifies in a better way than my comment about "making you guys look bad" did:

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/tammy-bruce-g ... -was-about
Dan, who here is mocking anyone for their looks or how well spoken they are? Who here is mocking anyone for any reason? The questions here are about whether or not you support discrimination, specifically based on sexual orientation this time.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

I'm not speaking of anyone in particular here, there are tons of other instances online though.

http://www.examiner.com/article/photo-o ... n-facebook

Sheesh, do I need to add a disclaimer to my sig? "Unless I use your name specifically I'm not speaking of you."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Dan H wrote:I'm not speaking of anyone in particular here, there are tons of other instances online though.

http://www.examiner.com/article/photo-o ... n-facebook

Sheesh, do I need to add a disclaimer to my sig? "Unless I use your name specifically I'm not speaking of you."
No need for the sig. Just wondering why you would post that here when (almost) nobody here would act that way or condone it. It just seemed completely immaterial to the discussion we were having here.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

The preamble to my statement: interesting aside, AKA apropos of nothing, AKA, oh by the way. Just something interesting I found that adds interest and clarity to the matter at hand in my opinion. Are you (you as in you, Indy) being purposely obtuse or just not caffeinated enough?

Indy

Post by Indy »

So this is probably too semantic for this discussion, but "interesting" doesn't equate to "apropos of nothing". They are very different.

"Interesting aside" says to me there is something interesting here, and at least tangentially apropos to our discussion.

I don't think I'm the one being obtuse today.

Indy

Post by Indy »

By the way, thanks for clarify the "you" in that last post. :P

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SDC wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Nobody here would defend violence or threats against the homophobic pizza place.
if you dont believe in gay marriage, you're homophobic? only in murica.
Yes, wanting to deny equal rights to gay people does equal homophobia. Marriage is a secular institution now, and organized religion should no longer have any say in who can or cannot get married. Denying this to gay people is anti-gay and discriminatory. As is denying gay customers service simply for being gay, at an otherwise fully public business.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Yes, Dan, I would consider all of them to be bullies for attacking her. And that's not based on her age, although that certainly doesn't make it any better (I'd say it makes it worse, but since the trolls would have done it anyway, it's kind of irrelevant).

For the most part, though, I would imagine those trolls will make their one drive-by snipe comment and move on with their sad lives. So, it's inexcusable, but also doesn't rise to the level of most bullying stories we hear about, which tend to be ongoing campaigns with the purpose of destroying someone's life (often literally).

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ghost wrote: You have not, in my recollection,
:lol:

you have no proof. go home andy.
Last edited by SDC on Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

memories pizza was in inside con job to make the gay mafia look bad, liberals fume... #conspiracy
http://soopermexican.com/2015/04/03/mem ... -theories/

21 progressives who are upset that the memories pizza bigots are cashing in on their bigotry to the tune of 850K
http://soopermexican.com/2015/04/03/her ... -pizzeria/

SDC

Re: Indiana's

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu wrote:
SDC wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Nobody here would defend violence or threats against the homophobic pizza place.
Yes, wanting to deny equal rights to gay people does equal homophobia. Marriage is a secular institution now, and organized religion should no longer have any say in who can or cannot get married. Denying this to gay people is anti-gay and discriminatory. As is denying gay customers service simply for being gay, at an otherwise fully public business.
my gay friends and acquaintances dont believe in gay marriage either. now what?

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

SDC wrote:

This isn't court. I don't need proof to have an opinion, which I based on what I have seen you say. I don't need to back it up with evidence to have an opinion to know that I do not like you. I do not think you are honest in how you deal with us on this board; I do not think you are reasonable in talking about the things we talk about. I do not like you, SDC. I do not wish anything bad upon you; the only thing I wish is that you would be a more honest and forthright person. I am not holding my breath. I enjoy talking with a lot of conservatives who are capable of handling themselves as adults; you are not on that list. I wish I were as mature as some around here and could just put you on the blocked list, but I am not that mature.

That is my fault. Keep talking, and eventually maybe I will learn.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

SDC wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
SDC wrote:
"I have black friends so I can't be racist" -- every racist ever.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ghost wrote:
SDC wrote:

This isn't court. I don't need proof to have an opinion,

That is my fault. Keep talking, and eventually maybe I will learn.
no wonder you are losing. you dont have the facts on your side. just baseless opinions, conspiracy mongering, and a taste for blood... just like this dope

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ghost wrote:
SDC wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
SDC wrote:
"I have black friends so I can't be racist" -- every racist ever.
how is that even possible? do you even think before you type?

SDC

Post by SDC »

I do not like you, SDC. I do not wish anything bad upon you; the only thing I wish is that you would be a more honest and forthright person.
can i be honest with you andy? i dont believe you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

i hope the CBS affiliated LGBT "journalist" gets fired over this

http://soopermexican.com/2015/04/03/dan ... t-because/

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/355932.php