Russia/Ukraine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Russia/Ukraine

Post by In2ition »

Does this mean that if they are added to NATO that the US will force them to put military bases in Finland and point nukes at Moscow in a "defensive" measure?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yes, I’m sure they would be forced at fun point to put military bases loaded with nukes aimed at Russia or face total destruction by the US in retaliation. Why would Finland want to join NATO anyway? They can’t be worried about Russia invading them since Russia is a peaceful country. I’m sure Hillary and Hunter are behind it somehow blackmailing them. It’s all in the laptop.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:02 am
Yes, I’m sure they would be forced at fun point to put military bases loaded with nukes aimed at Russia or face total destruction by the US in retaliation. Why would Finland want to join NATO anyway? They can’t be worried about Russia invading them since Russia is a peaceful country. I’m sure Hillary and Hunter are behind it somehow blackmailing them. It’s all in the laptop.
You're looking at the laptop now? I haven't heard this information.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hunter held the key to all of the Democrats evil plans in his laptop. Everyone knows that. He is actually the secret head alien lizard who calls all the shots for the evil pedophile Democrats.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

You forgot baby eating.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I didn’t forget. I just assumed everyone knows that.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:34 am
Does this mean that if they are added to NATO that the US will force them to put military bases in Finland and point nukes at Moscow in a "defensive" measure?
You have a strangely anti-US view on this that happens to align quite closely with the way Russia would want people to think of the situation. Why do you think the US is "forcing" countries to host our military bases? Do you have a reputable citation for such a strong accusation?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:41 am
In2ition wrote:
You have a strangely anti-US view on this that happens to align quite closely with the way Russia would want people to think of the situation. Why do you think the US is "forcing" countries to host our military bases? Do you have a reputable citation for such a strong accusation?
Do I need to cite every US base around the world vs other countries? Does the US not have bases everywhere?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:00 am
Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Do I need to cite every US base around the world vs other countries? Does the US not have bases everywhere?
Did we "force" them to put bases there? That was your claim. What is your support for that claim?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:
My wife and I are reading NY Times articles today about torture and murder of civilians in Ukraine. Children, women, men. Meanwhile, you keep coming at this with some sort of pro Russian slant. Like this is all justifiable and the US needs to stay out. When is enough enough? Does Russia have to start launching chemical weapons and killing people in mass numbers, spilling into surrounding EU countries?

Where do you get off with some of these takes? What do you suggest we do?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:32 am
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
In2ition wrote:
My wife and I are reading NY Times articles today about torture and murder of civilians in Ukraine. Children, women, men. Meanwhile, you keep coming at this with some sort of pro Russian slant. Like this is all justifiable and the US needs to stay out. When is enough enough? Does Russia have to start launching chemical weapons and killing people in mass numbers, spilling into surrounding EU countries?

Where do you get off with some of these takes? What do you suggest we do?
Where did the news get their information from? There is so much disinformation and outright lies being reported, you honestly can't believe what anyone says. How can you tell that it was the Russians that were torturing and murdering these civilians? If you say that you know for sure or that the NYT wouldn't lie to you or their sources wouldn't lie to them, I'm calling BS.

When I say that the US builds bases all over the world, and in most if not all NATO countries, how is this not known? I'm not anti-US, but I'm not going to sit here and lie that the US doesn't build bases all over, doesn't have them, and has never killed any innocent civilians.

If you want to believe that, go for it. I just don't think that provoking Russia and their allies into WWIII is in the US best interest. Maybe it is for some that run the government, but it's not for the average American citizen who are the ones that are paying the price anytime we go to war.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Countries join NATO for protection, not because we forced them. They want bases as a deterrent against Russia. So you think it was the Ukrainian’s who were killing and torturing Ukrainian’s and not the Russians who invaded and are wiping entire cities off the map with their 24/7 bombardment of civilians? They have captured and taken thousands of Ukrainians hostage and shipped them back to Russia but, that must have been the Ukrainian’s who did it because Russia is just there on a peacekeeping mission…

Russia massed it’s troops along the border. Biden said they were getting ready to invade. Putin said just doing military exercises. You believed Putin and mocked Biden. Then they invaded and Putin said they were just there as peacekeepers and you believed Putin again and mocked Biden for calling it an invasion. Now that Russia has leveled a bunch of cities do you still believe they are just doing military exercises or there as peacekeepers?

I get snarky with you In2ition because talking with you is like talking to Putin and Trump all rolled into one guy. You just seem to be anti-US all the time. You still defend Russia even after they have destroyed half of Ukraine and killed thousands of people all because they were afraid there was a chance Ukraine might try to join NATO. To you they were just defending themselves against US aggression. Defending themselves by murdering thousands of civilians and destroying their country? Any free country has a right to join NATO if they so choose. NATO might not accept every country in their club but, Ukraine is or was a free country and have the right to join NATO or the new Soviet Union if they want. Russia doesn’t invite countries to their Union, they invade them and force them into submission.

Because of Russia’s aggression a lot more countries will want to join NATO. Not because the US is threatening them but, because they are afraid of Russia threatening them. Russia’s gamble seems to have backfired on them. They already lost more troops than the US did in Iraq, Afghanistan combined in 20 years of fighting in just a very short time. Their economy is toast. Finland wants in because of Russian aggression, not because the US forced them. They might even allow a NATO base there. Not because the US forced them but as a deterrent against Russia’s aggression. Russia doesn’t like NATO for obvious reasons. Their entire purpose is to check Russian aggression. So to keep Ukraine from even thinking about joining NATO Russia invaded Ukraine. Now all those NATO countries are sending weapons and supplies to Ukraine and taking in Ukrainians. Other countries are thinking of joining NATO now. I am not sure this was the outcome Russia envisioned.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:07 pm
I am not sure this was the outcome Russia envisioned.
Just imagine what it would be like if January 6th worked and Trump was president.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:21 pm
There is so much disinformation and outright lies being reported, you honestly can't believe what anyone says.
This is the net outcome of propaganda, in a nutshell. It could not be stated more plainly.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Where did the news get their information from? There is so much disinformation and outright lies being reported, you honestly can't believe what anyone says. How can you tell that it was the Russians that were torturing and murdering these civilians? If you say that you know for sure or that the NYT wouldn't lie to you or their sources wouldn't lie to them, I'm calling BS.
There is a large volume of evidence of this. There is lots of live video footage of Russian soldiers and tanks firing at Ukrainians. There are intercepted communications of Russian soldiers talking about doing this. We honestly have plenty of photos and video and all kinds of evidence of what has happened here. The entire UN just expelled Russia from the Human Rights Council for it. Has the whole world been bamboozled by an elaborate conspiracy? And, if so, by whom? The evil MSNBC? Soros? Jews? Nazis?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I thought I read that Russia was doing all of this to denazify Ukraine? Has that changed?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:35 pm
In2ition wrote:
There is so much disinformation and outright lies being reported, you honestly can't believe what anyone says.
This is the net outcome of propaganda, in a nutshell. It could not be stated more plainly.
And not understanding that it works on both/all sides is disingenuous and/or outright naïve.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:40 pm
In2ition wrote:
There is a large volume of evidence of this. There is lots of live video footage of Russian soldiers and tanks firing at Ukrainians. There are intercepted communications of Russian soldiers talking about doing this. We honestly have plenty of photos and video and all kinds of evidence of what has happened here. The entire UN just expelled Russia from the Human Rights Council for it. Has the whole world been bamboozled by an elaborate conspiracy? And, if so, by whom? The evil MSNBC? Soros? Jews? Nazis?
You're right, everyone is altruistic and lovely, except for Russia and Putin. He is the only one that has ever used propaganda. I honestly don't even know where to start. I'll just concede and it's not worth my time anymore. I'm too busy to fight this.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:54 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:40 pm
In2ition wrote:
You're right, everyone is altruistic and lovely, except for Russia and Putin. He is the only one that has ever used propaganda. I honestly don't even know where to start. I'll just concede and it's not worth my time anymore. I'm too busy to fight this.
The fact that you utter in that sentence defense of Putin alarms me. Where does this pro Putin stance come from? The facts that you know about him and the situation in Ukraine vs. what the media is telling us?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:18 pm
Nodack wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:07 pm
I am not sure this was the outcome Russia envisioned.
Just imagine what it would be like if January 6th worked and Trump was president.
We would probably be sending weapons and supplies to Russia to help them rid Ukraine of all the Nazi’s and we would have pulled out of NATO by now because they were so mean to Putin.