Indiana's "Religious Freedom" Law

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Ghost

Re: Indiana's "Religious Freedom" Law

Post by Ghost »

SDC wrote:
I do not like you, SDC. I do not wish anything bad upon you; the only thing I wish is that you would be a more honest and forthright person.
can i be honest with you andy? i dont believe you.
What don't you believe? The bold part? Do you seriously think I care enough about some internet troll that I would wish harm upon you? Please, dude. You do not cross my mind when I close this browser. I assume you have a family or friends who you are actually a decent person to, and so you are probably an OK guy in person. You're just a dick online. It's sad.

I don't just wish nothing bad on you, but I wish you well. And I really wish you'd leave and stop plaguing this board with your trollish garbage. But, you are what you are. So, I expect very little from you.

But I WISH you were better. As it is, I don't know what you are doing hanging out here. Try Reddit or 4chan. They seem to be more your style.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Y'all fed the goose, and you attracted a troll. There's no points for winning, and the other side doesn't actually want to do anyone any good or learn anything. So there's really no point.

Mori Chu

Re: Indiana's

Post by Mori Chu »

SDC wrote:my gay friends and acquaintances dont believe in gay marriage either. now what?
What do your gay friends and acquaintances say about the subject? What do they want, if not gay marriage? How many total gay people are we talking about here that you know personally, and do you feel that they represent the overall gay population?

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

OE32 wrote:Y'all fed the goose, and you attracted a troll. There's no points for winning, and the other side doesn't actually want to do anyone any good or learn anything. So there's really no point.
I know, I know, I know...but sometimes it just feels so good to feed the trolls. Even though I know it makes them stronger.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
SDC wrote:my gay friends and acquaintances dont believe in gay marriage either. now what?
What do your gay friends and acquaintances say about the subject? What do they want, if not gay marriage? How many total gay people are we talking about here that you know personally, and do you feel that they represent the overall gay population?
Are these even serious questions?

SDC

Re: Indiana's

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu wrote:
i think they're stuck in the 90s, when the idea of gay marriage was unpopular even in the queer community. gay conservative (then) andrew sullivan was the only one championing it at that time. their christian faith teaches them that marriage is between a man and a woman.

what do they want? probably protection from gay harassment, bashing and equal opportunities in employment. but not gay marriage.

SDC

blowback

Post by SDC »

Mea Culpa: Looking at how things are going, “I was wrong” to support same-sex marriage.

http://www.wwnc.com/onair/pete-kaliner- ... -13461678/

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Their Christian faith also must teach them that they are abominations condemned to hell, married or not, as long as they act on it. I don't buy your story at all. Also, you "probably" know what they want, but you're certain they don't want to get married, even though you don't actually know what they want.

Again, I don't buy your story at all.

"I have gay friends." Ha.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Ghost wrote:Their Christian faith also must teach them that they are abominations condemned to hell, married or not, as long as they act on it. I don't buy your story at all. Also, you "probably" know what they want, but you're certain they don't want to get married, even though you don't actually know what they want.

The problem with that statement, is while it's generally true - if quite a bit biased in tone - it reveals a rather drastic ignorance of Christian doctrine on your part.

Romans 3:23
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.

1 John 1:10
If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts.

We're all condemned to Hell, abominations even, in the eyes of God. But, on the bright side,

Romans 3:22
We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

TIL that some people actually think the Bible is a source of an inarguable and coherent "doctrine."

But don't let me stop you from calling people ignorant...

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

There's no judgement intended in ignorance; it merely implies one is unaware rather than incapable. But I'm sure you understand that distinction.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Dan H wrote:
Ghost wrote:Their Christian faith also must teach them that they are abominations condemned to hell, married or not, as long as they act on it. I don't buy your story at all. Also, you "probably" know what they want, but you're certain they don't want to get married, even though you don't actually know what they want.

The problem with that statement, is while it's generally true - if quite a bit biased in tone - it reveals a rather drastic ignorance of Christian doctrine on your part.

Romans 3:23
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.

1 John 1:10
If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts.

We're all condemned to Hell, abominations even, in the eyes of God. But, on the bright side,

Romans 3:22
We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
I am quite well-versed in Christian doctrine. The truth is that Christians of every sect today are forced to pick which parts of the Bible they want to follow. The god of the old testament laid down A LOT of very strict, often barbaric, rules. Rightly so, most modern Christians have opted to ignore a significant number of those. But for some reason, The Gays remain a major sticking point, even though that was no worse than any other sin (according to the Bible).

Anyway...the bias in my tone is not about ignorance, but rather extreme distaste. You agree that what I said is generally true.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Also, you "probably" know what they want, but you're certain they don't want to get married, even though you don't actually know what they want.
i use "probably" because i cant speak for all and that there's around 5% of any group who wants gay marriage. for most, it's not even in the equation.
Last edited by SDC on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

here's what The San Diego Gay and Lesbian News thinks of christianity, but they are in for a nasty surprise...

http://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/201 ... of-crisis/

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

What does Christian doctrine have to do with a country that separates church and state allowing gay marriage?

SDC

Post by SDC »

Shabazz wrote:What does Christian doctrine have to do with a country that separates church and state allowing gay marriage?
why does the state and the democrat mob want to impose/coerce it's secular beliefs on peaceful, law abiding citizens of faith when all they want is to not participate in religioius activities/ceremonies they dont believe in?

that answer your q?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Speaking of Indiana, I was watching SNL last night and 1860 movie/TV reviewer Jebidiah Atkinson said this little gem about the TV show Madmen:

Hey Madmen, if I wanted to know what life was like in the 1960s I could just move to Indiana.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

SDC wrote:
Shabazz wrote:What does Christian doctrine have to do with a country that separates church and state allowing gay marriage?
why does the state and the democrat mob want to impose/coerce it's secular beliefs on peaceful, law abiding citizens of faith when all they want is to not participate in religioius activities/ceremonies they dont believe in?

that answer your q?
No.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Shabazz wrote:
SDC wrote:

that answer your q?
No.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

SDC wrote:
Also, you "probably" know what they want, but you're certain they don't want to get married, even though you don't actually know what they want.
i use "probably" because i cant speak for all and that there's around 5% of any group who wants gay marriage. for most, it's not even in the equation.
Well, I don't know how many gay friends your enlightened self has, but I have quite a few, and they all support gay marriage, and it's most definitely part of the equation. So, I still think you are full of crap.

And to be honest, even if they didn't want to get married to someone they love, I would still support it, because I believe in equal rights. Five percent is more than enough to matter.