Russia/Ukraine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Russia/Ukraine

Post by Nodack »

I’m sure they did all they could to save him.. pfft

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Conservatives Roast Tucker Carlson for ‘Recreating Actual Soviet Propaganda’ During Wide-Eyed Russia Tour: ‘Has He Never Been to Publix?’
https://www.mediaite.com/news/conservat ... to-publix/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

RIP Aleksey Navalny. I can't admire anybody more than that who stood up for his beliefs and against tyranny. My condolences to his family.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This seems relevant to the discussion, but it also seems that there might be a visceral feeling towards this, based on previous postings.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sure, Navalny's the bad guy. He's part of the cOnSpIrAcY.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:15 pm
Sure, Navalny's the bad guy. He's part of the cOnSpIrAcY.
What conspiracy are you talking about? I do not know if Navalny is a bad guy or a good guy, but I know most people have made up their minds on this. I just thought it was relevant to this discussion.

What is the benefit of Putin killing Navalny in prison at this time? If Navalny is found guilty of attempting a coup, he is immediately discredited along with his movement, no? Putin killing him in prison only hurts Putin, imo. Look at the worldwide outrage that Putin is getting over it. It certainly isn't painting him as a just world leader.

It might take setting your previous bias and emotion to this aside to ask and ponder these questions.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's sad that they don't have the same rights of assembly that most in the west do.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Is it me or does Maga support Russia more than the US now? Russia is at war with an ally and threatening NATO and yet Trump, Tucker and Maga can’t stop heaping praise on Putin and Russia. In all my lifetime I never thought I would see this kind of behavior from Americans, let alone Republicans.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's you.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s not me. It’s you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nah, it's you. It's not all Maga like you think, but you REALLY want to put everyone in a little box. It's how people try to make sense of things. It's natural to do it, to simplify things for yourself.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump clearly worships Putin and his cult will follow him down any path he chooses. Navally was killed in prison under Putin. Most of the planet condemned Russia. You paste an article that seems to claim he deserved it. Russia was about to invade Ukraine. Biden warned us all it was eminent. You said he was crazy and it wasn’t going to happen. Then it did. Trump said Putin was a genius for invading Ukraine. Trump wants to pull out of NATO. Trump just told Putin he has Trumps blessings to invade another NATO country. Tucker goes to Russia and putin Putin like he worships him. He continues to bash the US while praising how great Russia is.

I mentioned this before but Rachael Maddow did a whole podcast on how this kind of happened in the late 1930’s. Hitler was coming to power and had a large cult following in the US. Many in the US wanted to ditch Democracy and go with fascism. Several Senators in Washington were actually on Hitlers payroll. One would give speeches written for him by the Nazi’s. There was a whole group of people plotting the demise of the US. They blew up several weapon’s factories and were about to assassinate a whole bunch of politicians before being caught. They went to trial and got off.

Trump is clearly getting his ass handed to him in court. That makes me feel Democracy is once again prevailing over those who wish to topple it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There were some polls about a year ago showing that Trump supporters held a higher opinion of Putin than they do of Biden. But I can't find anything newer than about March 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They hold what ever opinion they are told to have.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I'm genuinely concerned about Russia and the recent updates about their nuclear satellite threats.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:13 pm
Trump clearly worships Putin and his cult will follow him down any path he chooses. Navally was killed in prison under Putin. Most of the planet condemned Russia. You paste an article that seems to claim he deserved it.

Trump is clearly getting his ass handed to him in court. That makes me feel Democracy is once again prevailing over those who wish to topple it.
Wtf, Nodack? This is a bit uncalled for.

It's hard to hold a conversation about these topics when you show this lack of honor & character.

I never called for Navally's death. That's extremely disparaging and disappointing.

You are completely blind to what is actually happening in the US and where democracy is being attacked. In fact, you cheer it on for some insane reason.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm curious, in what way does Nodack cheer on democracy being attacked?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

You didn't call for Navalny's death but you posted an inappropriate tweet considering he had just died in prison. Effectively killed. That was cold blooded.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."