Biden Administration misc. activities

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Biden Administration misc. activities

Post by Mori Chu »

BTW, reminder to all that today is 4/1, so a lot of the stories you might see on the ol' Internet today may be fake. Let's not get fooled and post fake articles in here. :-)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:02 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:20 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:48 am
WaPo has a new article on the Hunter Biden stuff. Haven't finished reading it yet, but here it is. At a minimum it seems like he has made some ethically questionable dealings with overseas companies.

Inside Hunter Biden’s multimillion-dollar deals with a Chinese energy company

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... na-laptop/
CNN is reporting stuff too. All the big media giants are finally reporting about the stuff that's on the laptop and that the laptop is real, after claiming it was Russian disinformation. They are trying to get ahead of what's coming, because they are hoping they aren't implicated in the coverup.
Sure, the Kraken will be here any day now. Lock those pedos up, right?
LOL, whatever, Marty. I don't know anything about pedos being locked up. I just know that the msm wouldn't be finally admitting laptop and everything on there is real, they would still be running cover for Joe. They know that something is coming that they can't stop.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We'll see. I think it's pretty clear at this point that Hunter Biden has cashed in on his family name by accepting some slimy business deals like jobs he didn't really deserve and high sales prices for his crappy art. That is not very ethical of him, and in general I think it's a real problem when relatives of politicians can be wooed in such a way. The Trump kids, Jimmy Carter's brother, whatever example you want to name, it's bad when people are connected to politicians and "cashing in" in ways that would be considered blatantly corrupt if the politician themselves did it. I don't know of any clear evidence that Joe Biden himself has done anything wrong related to this, but still, the general issue is concerning.

I've said before that I don't know what the right fix is for this, because people like Hunter Biden, Ivanka Trump / Jared Kushner, etc. are citizens with legal rights, and it would be hard to just tell them a random list of things they can and cannot do specifically because their dad or brother or whomever is an elected official. It also would raise questions about how far such restrictions would go within a family. Can a grandson of a politician sell art? Can a second cousin of a Congressman take a job at a company? What jobs are considered slushy jobs vs ones that the person actually earned? Etc. It becomes really hard to pin down exactly what would be fair and appropriate to do.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If it was just what Hunter did, and it wasn't tied to Joe, you would have a point. What can you do? It's shady af on the surface. The things that are on that laptop involving just Hunter will land him in jail for a long time, unless Joe pardons him. But like Nodack has said, Hunter is not Joe, so that can be easily dismissed.

Unfortunately for Joe, there is abundant evidence that he was directly involved in some really serious crimes. We will find out that Hunter was under some type of conservatorship, like Britney Spears. After making all these millions of dollars in deals all over the world, he was literally begging his dad for $500, as he was flat broke. How does that happen? This is just a small taste of what's on there, and I believe that Hunter handed the laptops in and never returned to retrieve them on purpose. He never intended on getting them back, and it was his way of getting out of the whole situation.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wow

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:14 am
Unfortunately for Joe, there is abundant evidence that he was directly involved in some really serious crimes. We will find out that Hunter was under some type of conservatorship, like Britney Spears. After making all these millions of dollars in deals all over the world, he was literally begging his dad for $500, as he was flat broke. How does that happen? This is just a small taste of what's on there, and I believe that Hunter handed the laptops in and never returned to retrieve them on purpose. He never intended on getting them back, and it was his way of getting out of the whole situation.
Do you know what really serious crimes there are abundance amounts of evidence that Joe Biden committed? That's a pretty bold statement with huge accusations and not a lot of information or facts.

Also, where are you hearing or reading that his son was under conservatorship like Britney Spears? I'd love to read more about this. Pretty wild!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:41 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:14 am
Do you know what really serious crimes there are abundance amounts of evidence that Joe Biden committed? That's a pretty bold statement with huge accusations and not a lot of information or facts.

Also, where are you hearing or reading that his son was under conservatorship like Britney Spears? I'd love to read more about this. Pretty wild!
I don't think that the conservatorship was under court order that I can tell, but that's what it was like for him. He said in the texts that he has to pay for every bill that the family has, and give half of his money to Joe, aka "Pops".

In the laptop it shows that Joe was intimately involved in the deals. There are claims by those that have seen the laptop, that there is more evidence on Joe than Hunter in the laptop. Of course, at the rate that the msm reports stuff, it will be a year before the "trusted sources" get around to actually reporting it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Unfortunately for Joe, there is abundant evidence that he was directly involved in some really serious crimes.
Citation needed? What crimes exactly? It's weird to just drop a bomb like this and then say nothing whatsoever to back it up.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:49 am
Unfortunately for Joe, there is abundant evidence that he was directly involved in some really serious crimes.
Citation needed? What crimes exactly? It's weird to just drop a bomb like this and then say nothing whatsoever to back it up.
There are a few people going through it all, including retrieving the files deleted by Hunter prior to handing it into the repair shop. Not quite everything has come out, and some is still being vetted. Here is one group that is going through it and creating a Mueller style report.
https://www.marcopolousa.org/bidenlaptopreport/

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:49 am
is it, though?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

WaPo with a bit more Hunter Biden content.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Maybe the Biden economy is not so bad?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Not bad.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Secret Service agents assigned to Biden, Harris suspended amid bribery investigation
Nicole Darrah·Breaking News Editor
Fri, April 8, 2022, 10:01 AM·3 min read

https://news.yahoo.com/secret-service-a ... 42622.html

Four U.S. Secret Service agents — including members of President Biden's and Vice President Kamala Harris's protective details — have been suspended after two men charged with impersonating federal officers allegedly bribed the agents with expensive gifts such as an assault rifle and free apartments.

Arian Taherzadeh and Haider Ali, both U.S. citizens, were arrested on Wednesday after the FBI raided a luxury Washington, D.C., apartment building where the two had been staying. The pair, according to federal officials, claimed they worked for the Department of Homeland Security on a task force to investigate gangs and violence connected to the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol.

On Friday, federal prosecutors argued that Taherzadeh and Ali had “compromised” agents of the Secret Service who were assigned to top security missions and accused them of trying to “ingratiate themselves” with agents of federal agencies.
Spoiler: show/hide

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

^ That is an odd story. I guess two guys impersonated Secret Service agents and buddied up to actual Secret Service agents? Do we know yet who the fake dudes were working for, or what their goal was? I worry that infiltrating the Secret Service would be one of the very best ways to get yourself in a position to attack the President, or put him in danger.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Idk, there was this in the article, "Assistant U.S. Attorney Joshua Rothstein claimed in court this week that Ali told witnesses he had ties to the Pakistani agency Inter-Services Intelligence. Ali had allegedly obtained three visas from Pakistan and two from Iran in the months leading up to the alleged scheme, and prosecutors believe he took several trips to the Middle East."

I agree that this is an odd story. We may have to wait a little longer for the full story and answers to the rest of your questions come out.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Interesting read about the secret service impersonation thing.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

“The plot unraveled when the U.S. Postal Inspection Service began investigating an assault on a mail carrier at the apartment building and the men identified themselves as being part of a phony Homeland Security unit they called the U.S. Special Police Investigation Unit.”

Strange times indeed.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How do the all the Secret Service guys not figure out these two were phony, but it took a Postal Service Inspector?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

There are certainly more details than what we have seen so far. Lots of pieces to the puzzle. So far they don’t fit.