2024 Presidential race

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: 2024 Presidential race

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:22 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:17 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:00 pm
The collection of candidates this election is depressing. I may not vote this go around. I can’t get myself to vote for Sleepy Joe again, and yet the thought of Trump or one of the lunatic conservatives in the office again is even worse.

What happened to the level headed, not basically dead candidates?
That would be a mistake. Anybody (or any thing) is better than Trump.
Are they?

Or is one of them just better at hiding their motives?

The only thing keeping me interested in voting for a democrat is the Supreme Court. I can’t have another trump appointed justice added to the most corrupt table in the world
Yes.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
The collection of candidates this election is depressing. I may not vote this go around. I can’t get myself to vote for Sleepy Joe again, and yet the thought of Trump or one of the lunatic conservatives in the office again is even worse.
What do you think of Biden's first term overall? Presumably you aren't thrilled with it. In terms of his actual policies and actions as President, which things do you think he should have done differently?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:35 am
specialsauce wrote:
What do you think of Biden's first term overall? Presumably you aren't thrilled with it. In terms of his actual policies and actions as President, which things do you think he should have done differently?
His student loan debt cancellation arbitrary income cut off was a joke. When I saw that, I had seen enough. He’s done nothing for me to ease the burden of inflation off my shoulders. He hasn’t helped the rising cost of healthcare at all. He allowed the passing of the no surprises act which is masked as protecting patients but really just keeps the pockets of insurance companies heavy and allows them to keep your premiums and refuse to pay the hospitals, docs and nurses the reimbursement needed.

I haven’t gotten a raise in 15 years despite inflation. Actually, we’re looking at paycuts and drastic staffing changes because of this. Meanwhile he also hasn’t done shit for tort reform and protection against litigation for physicians nor has he done anything to address the growing violence against healthcare workers.

The health insurance system is broken and he’s contributed Jack shit to it.

Socially, he’s been all ass. He’s done nothing to stop the lunatic conservatives from turning back the time to the 1800s.

His son is corrupt as hell and hes rather got advanced dementia or he’s a lying politician like the rest of them.

He’s sending billions in aid to Ukraine and Israel instead of taking care of his own citizens who are struggling at home like a typical political puppet. Meanwhile the people of Gaza are being massacred and we’re pretending like it’s Hamas vs Israel just like we did when we obliterated Afghanistan to smitherines.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

At least a few of those grievances are largely due to the GOP/MAGA making it an unwinnable battle during a 4-year term.

Don't forget that a significant portion of the right-wing doesn't want to govern at all, so they sure as hell aren't going to address the stuff you listed that would be improving the lives of the common people.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think Biden has done a good job. He checks a lot of boxes for me. My favorite box is the one where he isn’t a complete psycho trying to end Democracy in America so he can be king and exact revenge on all those that have ever stood up to him.

And normally I wouldn’t have to worry about half of America or more voting for a psycho and seeing that psycho have the full support of his party that knows he’s psycho and they are still OK with it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Barbra Streisand Says She ‘Can’t Live’ in U.S. if Trump Becomes President
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... president/
“I will move. I can’t live in this country if he became president,” Streisand said told late-night host Stephen Colbert during an interview on The Late Show after being asked about her opinion of the idea of a second second Trump administration.

“Well, I like Biden. I think he’s done a good job,” she added. “I think he’s compassionate. He’s smart. He supports the right things.”

The Grammy winner also responded to a question from Colbert about the rise of antisemitism in the United States.

“It’s so sad,” she said. “It’s so sad what’s going on today — meaning, people have to live together, even though they are different religions, or whatever. People are people. It’s true. You know, we all want the same thing. We all want love in our hearts, we all want family.”

“You see, this is why it’s hard to talk about my career or even my book when this deadly combustible thing is happening in the world,” she added. “I could easily cry about this. Where is God in this time? Where is he or she? Why can’t that energy stop this madness?”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I will be terrified if Trump wins again. I would generally wish to leave the US if so. But in practice I probably wouldn't be able to leave. My wife and I have jobs that are not easy to transfer; we own a house and sundry belongings; our kids are in school and daycare; my wife is pregnant. It isn't easy to just uproot a family and move to another country. I hope it's a reality I don't need to face.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:32 pm
At least a few of those grievances are largely due to the GOP/MAGA making it an unwinnable battle during a 4-year term.

Don't forget that a significant portion of the right-wing doesn't want to govern at all, so they sure as hell aren't going to address the stuff you listed that would be improving the lives of the common people.
Total fallacy. Dems are controlled by the rich too, their pockets are lined with their money from lobbyists. They are just politically correct republicans these days, equally as corrupt under the layer of fake giving a shit.

They expect most of individual middle upper class America to carry the poor and drug abusers, but let insurance companies and large corporations continue to get their pockets lined and control them like puppets behind the scenes. A country where narcan is handed out free of charge but an epi pen or insulin can be unaffordable.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

And let’s be clear, Dems have never cared about docs or tort reform.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:58 pm
Total fallacy. Dems are controlled by the rich too, their pockets are lined with their money from lobbyists. They are just politically correct republicans these days, equally as corrupt under the layer of fake giving a shit.
It's hard for me to look at the past 7-8 years of US politics and conclude that the Dems and Republicans are equally corrupt. The Democrats would not let their party become coopted by a corrupt authoritarian like Donald Trump. And the Dems seem to more consistently evict problematic members of their own party. The party is fairly united in wanting Menendez out, for example, whereas the GOP seems fine to keep openly corrupt people like Gaetz and Santos around.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

More new polls show struggles for Biden. Low numbers especially on his handling of the Israel / Hamas / Palestine / Gaza situation.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Biden’s handling of Israel/Hamas is a total no win situation for him. Side with Israel and lose a number of voters. Side with Hamas and lose a bigger number. Ignore the whole thing and lose another chunk. There is no choice where he gains numbers. Brokering aid, a pause and a hostage release is about as good as it gets. I also think poll numbers at this time are misleading. The ultra progressive college student is going to vote for Trump instead of Biden? They may be saying it right now in anger. What are they going to say a year from now when it comes down to the two choices? Don’t vote? Almost the same as a vote for Trump.

There is all kinds of time between now and the election and multiple major events will probably change the landscape again and again before then. I’m just watching the milk churn wondering what kind of butter we end up with in the end.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:45 am
specialsauce wrote:
It's hard for me to look at the past 7-8 years of US politics and conclude that the Dems and Republicans are equally corrupt. The Democrats would not let their party become coopted by a corrupt authoritarian like Donald Trump. And the Dems seem to more consistently evict problematic members of their own party. The party is fairly united in wanting Menendez out, for example, whereas the GOP seems fine to keep openly corrupt people like Gaetz and Santos around.
The dems rule is get caught get tossed. They’re perfectly fine with them until they get caught. It’s like saying I’m sorry you caught me cheating.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

As opposed to the GOP/MAGA response of, "So what? Fuck you."
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:51 pm
As opposed to the GOP/MAGA response of, "So what? Fuck you."
Again, less class but the same.

At least the Republicans are honest about being pure filth.

Your husband/wife is cheating on you. Does it make it better if they pretend they’re sorry once they’ve been caught?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

A marital affair and control of the most powerful government in the world is a false equivalency.

One side has some semblance of checks and balance, while the other yearns for a Libertarian Kleptocratic dystopia.

Everyone values their own self interest, but at some point there needs to be a compromise to advance the well being of the greater good. The way I see it, only one side has explicitly said they couldn't care less about the greater good.

Cap

Post by Cap »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:39 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:45 am
specialsauce wrote:
The dems rule is get caught get tossed. They’re perfectly fine with them until they get caught. It’s like saying I’m sorry you caught me cheating.
The fuck? You’re saying Dems should start evicting people before they get caught doing anything wrong? Which ones, just pick some randomly?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

The fuck? You actually think these guys don’t know their buddy is up to no good and are completely in the dark until it comes out publicly?

You must really think Sean Miller had no idea what was going on at UA with his assistants.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:33 pm
A marital affair and control of the most powerful government in the world is a false equivalency.

One side has some semblance of checks and balance, while the other yearns for a Libertarian Kleptocratic dystopia.

Everyone values their own self interest, but at some point there needs to be a compromise to advance the well being of the greater good. The way I see it, only one side has explicitly said they couldn't care less about the greater good.
So if they said it they must have meant it!

Consistently line your pockets with money from special interests, but as long as you say the right things you’re not evil!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I heard of a doctor that killed his wife and was scamming the system. All doctors are wife killers and scammers. Everyone knows it. Why wait until they are caught? Just arrest them all now before they can kill anyone else or scam the system even more.