The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Kryptonic

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 7:08 am
This guy seems like he might be in trouble. Indictment for fraud on 13 counts is pretty serious stuff.

Him and trump would be great cell mates. If E Jean Carrol isnt his type, maybe santos is lol

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

“It’s a witch hunt!”

Right out of the Trump playbook.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Insightful thread.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This one made me chuckle despite myself.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wide-ranging lawsuit against Rudy Giuliani from a former employee.

Cap

Post by Cap »

But when you’re a star it’s OK. Isn’t Rudy a star?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

After 9/11 people would have voted for Rudy for President. Now he is banned from practicing law in NY.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Voter suppression is cool.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He called them illegal votes. I didn’t catch the part about why he thinks they were illegal. The Twitter post implies he decided that mail in votes were illegal and he stopped them from being counted, which gave Trump Texas.

I remember Trump’s war on mail in voting during the pandemic. Dems decided mail in voting would keep people from standing in line and breathing on each other. Trump decided to tell his people to vote in person and started neutering the Postal Service. He appointed a guy who started dismantling sorting machines, taking away public mail boxes and banning overtime. What a cheap stunt. Then again it’s Trump. Dems caught wind of it and forced Trump’s Postal Service minion to stop dismantling the Postal Service.

This Texas AG guy became one of Trumps minions and didn’t count 2.5 million mail in ballots because mail in ballots are illegal? It seems if the State of Texas sent you a mail in ballot to fill out and mail back that it wouldn’t be illegal.

Maybe I’m missing something.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

She's certifiably crazy.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I cannot overstate how stupid I think this is. Let’s investigate Bud Light because they had a commercial with a Transgendered person in it? The parent company is in Belgium. You have nothing better to do in Florida as governor? He thinks he can out do Trump by being crueler than Trump and that will impress right wingers? So far his circus show is turning off everyone. Like DeSantis gives a rats ass about the shareholders of Bud Light.

DeSantis urges Florida pension fund manager to probe beer giant AB InBev for 'putting social agenda ahead of shareholders' interests' with Dylan Mulvaney campaign
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... paign.html

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Waste of tax dollars….

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A California school district has just voted to require teachers to out trans/queer kids to their parents.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Suckers

Third associate of Steve Bannon sentenced to 63 months in prison for border wall scheme
https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/26/politics ... index.html
Shea was sentenced for “his role in carrying out a scheme to defraud hundreds of thousands of donors in connection with an online crowdfunding campaign known as ‘We Build The Wall’ by soliciting donations using false statements and then stealing the resulting donations, as well as laundering the proceeds of the fraud scheme and attempting to obstruct the federal criminal investigation of the scheme,” the release added.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mitch McConnell senior moment. For folks saying Biden is too old and should retire, I'd love to hear what they think of this:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Kind of scary.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I truly loathe McConnell, but I don't wish ill health on anyone. It must be terrifying to suffer a mini stroke or whatever he just had. I hope he will be okay.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Same…. But maybe they’ll learn to back off Biden…. Lord knows the minute he stumbles or falls off a bike it’s “he’s not fit to be president”.