DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Post by Mori Chu »

You guys are really going with this "Biden tried to kill Trump" BS all the way, aren't you. It isn't worth engaging any more, but okay, have fun with it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ya, it’s just stupid. Anything to stir up the cult. Enjoy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If you need a good explanation of why the "Biden tried to kill Trump" thing is complete BS, here's a good one. The whole thing is very, very silly. The GOP are not serious people.

Here's another good explanation / debunk:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

He may not have "tried to assassinate" Trump, but if it happened, he wouldn't be upset about it, and I think that he would have secretly hoped it would happen. And, I'm not even exaggerating that I think some people here not so secretly hope that too.

They prepared for essentially Blue on Blue action. That doesn't happen in the US. They constantly converse agency to agency to make sure that type of stuff would never happen, except for this instance. They even had a medical trauma team with them ready and prepared. That is completely assinine for what? Paperwork? Are you kididng me? It's completely unacceptable and thinking "iT's BeEn DeBuNkEd" is nonsense, and those aren't serious people.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 6:47 am
If you need a good explanation of why the "Biden tried to kill Trump" thing is complete BS, here's a good one. The whole thing is very, very silly. The GOP are not serious people.

Here's another good explanation / debunk:

I don’t need an explanation. Debunk it and they will just come out with three more conspiracies tomorrow.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is a real nothing burger. They took great care to be safe and not endanger Trump. They did their raid when he wasn't even there, for Pete's sake. In what way exactly was he in danger?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Did they make sure that he wasn't there? Didn't they tell the agents to come in plain clothes to not alert anyone there prior?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 10:43 am
Did they make sure that he wasn't there? Didn't they tell the agents to come in plain clothes to not alert anyone there prior?
Yes, they made sure he wasn't there. They also alerted the Secret Service ahead of time so they would know they were coming, to minimize panic or likelihood of any escalation. The whole thing was very peaceful and calm.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't think that "deadly force" should be authorized in all situations. I don't think, but could be wrong, that they didn't have the same authorization when they searched Biden's home, looking for the classified documents. Or when they raided Hunter's home to make sure that he wasn't holding more of those documents or illegal firearms.

I also don't think they needed to deploy deadly force when they went to arrest Mark Houck and aim their weapons on his small children and wife. Some shows of force are way, way, way over the top and unnecessary. There shouldn't be a blanket use authorization, when people offered to turn themselves in, as many experienced.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Remember the black woman who was killed because the cops shot through her front door as they were trying to bust her former boyfriend on drug charges?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's happened more than once. Recently a family was no knocked SWATted and busted through, when it was the wrong address. Or when people are SWATted when someone makes a false claim. Gamers have been killed over them. People have tried to get this to happen to MTG many times.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 9:00 am
I don't think that "deadly force" should be authorized in all situations. I don't think, but could be wrong, that they didn't have the same authorization when they searched Biden's home, looking for the classified documents. Or when they raided Hunter's home to make sure that he wasn't holding more of those documents or illegal firearms.
You are incorrect; they did have the same deadly force authorization when retrieving documents from Biden. Like I said, this is very commonplace and your media is intentionally exaggerating and misrepresenting it to make people like you get mad.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 819530007/
“As the FBI advises, it is part of the standard operations plan for searches and in fact was even used in the consensual search of President Biden’s home,” Garland said.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, that's horrible stuff, In2. I hope they go after the people who called them in with the full force of the law.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Interesting that republicans are against excessive police force when it’s them that are victims of it…they didn’t care when it was minorities in our country.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:24 am
Interesting that republicans are against excessive police force when it’s them that are victims of it…they didn’t care when it was minorities in our country.
Interesting that you think that. You are speaking about all Republicans, or just the ones that fit your opinion and then applied to all?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 9:49 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 9:00 am
You are incorrect; they did have the same deadly force authorization when retrieving documents from Biden. Like I said, this is very commonplace and your media is intentionally exaggerating and misrepresenting it to make people like you get mad.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 819530007/
“As the FBI advises, it is part of the standard operations plan for searches and in fact was even used in the consensual search of President Biden’s home,” Garland said.
They brought a medical trauma team too? And did they prevent Biden's lawyer from overseeing the search? I'm just curious if these things are all standard procedure, and applied equally.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Interesting thread.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:19 am
Split T wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:24 am
Interesting that you think that. You are speaking about all Republicans, or just the ones that fit your opinion and then applied to all?
It was an exaggeration and a generalization, but I’d be curious to know where this Brandon Williams stood when it came to the BLM movement or what his stance with George Floyd, Trayvon Martin, Breona Taylor, etc. was. If he was against excessive force then too, then I take my comment back.

Would you not agree that in general republicans are more supportive of the police and defend them in these situations?