Right Wing Politics

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
carey

Right Wing Politics

Post by carey »

FAO, SDC. Post your right wing junk in this thread and I promise never to delete a single post or comment on them. It's just helpful that you keep it out of threads where actual factual and sourced information is being discussed.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Re: Right Wing Politics

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I just look at SDC posts as white noise (no pun intended). I ignore them.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We should make an "alternative facts" thread and put all the Breitbart links in there.

As to the OP: I think it's fine for "right wing" folks to post their opinions in any thread, not just this one. If you don't agree with them, reply and explain why. Or if you don't want to spend the time to do that, ignore them.

I don't want to censor or delete any posts unless they are flagrantly offensive or personally attacking other posters. It's upsetting to read some of the discriminatory stuff or Breitbart talking points, but millions of people are reading that stuff, so it's good to be able to hear what junk is being fed to these people. It helps us have a coherent and calm counter-argument and know where they are coming from.

It's important to remember that despite Arizona being a "red" state, the majority of people who post in this politics section seem to be liberal or moderate. So if we feel attacked when a person posts a Breitbart link or Republican opinion, we need to remember that our posts outnumber theirs. We aren't being flooded with this stuff.

To really win this thing we are going to have to talk to each other and try to understand each other. Not agree, but understand. We will need some of these people in 2018, 2020, and beyond.

carey

Post by carey »

Agree to disagree. You can't argue with people whose go to publications lie to the public daily.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!