Congressional special/runoff elections

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
SDC

Re: Congressional special/runoff elections

Post by SDC »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
SDC wrote:because dems have no other message than being against trump.
sdc: What do you think are the main messages/issues of the Republican party right now? What is their message, and what do they stand for?
i'm just going with what trump campaigned last year: build that wall. repeal obamacare. kill TPP/NAFTA. rebuild depleted military. extreme vetting.

he said he was going to deport them all, but obviously he didnt meant it.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
SDC wrote:because dems have no other message than being against trump.
sdc: What do you think are the main messages/issues of the Republican party right now? What is their message, and what do they stand for?
let me ask you: what was hillary's message during the campaign?

followup: what were her accomplishments while Secretary of State?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hillary is not the Democratic Party. Her 2016 campaign had horrible messaging, and it's part of why she lost. I am not sure she ever really articulated a clear set of ideas and policies in her campaign.

As Sec of State she did plenty. Among other things, she was a key player in the campaign to catch and eliminate Osama bin Laden. She helped organize sanctions and other diplomacy against Iran. She helped Obama reopen relations with Cuba. She did work to aid with a cease-fire in Gaza and stopped Hamas from attacking Israel. She also helped in the work toward the Paris climate agreement and other environmental initiatives around the world.

I actually think Hillary was an exceptional Secretary of State overall.