Google dev posts sexist manifesto, gets fired

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Google dev posts sexist manifesto, gets fired

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, Ann Coulter re-tweeted the tweet about my Facebook post. That got a lot of her followers riled up. If you want a glimpse of what my Twitter mentions look like lately, here's a taste, haha:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&ver ... p&src=typd

carey

Post by carey »

I hope you don't face any repercussions at your job because of this. I saw some were trying to drag your wife into this. Saying they are going to contact Stanford & stuff. It isn't worth losing your job over. Those guys are professional troublemakers.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My department has been super supportive so far. Some trolls have been calling and emailing my department asking for them to fire me. The department has rolled their collective eyes at this and has offered me support if I need any anti-harassment protection, need to talk to a psychiatrist, etc.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Wow, that's really awful. Sorry to hear about all this stuff.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Just stay low and away from social media Marty. I almost never ever post anything political on Facebook. I only post in public forums when I can use a fake name like nodack.