Supreme Court

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Supreme Court

Post by Mori Chu »

The conservative justices are corrupt, exhibit #3849933748:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Clarence Thomas is corrupt, exhibit #38903827589237:

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

You should just say “The Thomas’s” are corrupt…. Shitty humans at best.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

And he's in our freaking Supreme Court?! Ridiculous.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

His popularity numbers must be off the charts with Republicans. Maga built right into the Supreme Court.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. This would be a very big deal.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:00 pm
Wow. This would be a very big deal.
Not really. Everything is going to be party line. Nothing meaningful can happen without Republican support.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Clarence Thomas is corrupt, exhibit #28975039827593827238:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow. Sickening.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The Center for Renewing America’s complaint accuses Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson of appearing to “have willfully failed to disclose required information regarding her husband’s medical malpractice consulting income for over a decade.”

I guess ethic complaints don't just apply to Thomas.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It sounds like we agree that SCOTUS should have an official code of conduct and a way to be reviewed and punished for breaking it?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I see no reason at this moment to be opposed to it. What's the catch?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:51 am
I see no reason at this moment to be opposed to it. What's the catch?
None that I'm aware of. Having SCOTUS be unaccountable and have no real way to keep them from being corruptible doesn't seem like a good thing to me. Everyone in every branch of government should have basic accountability. I guess the "catch" if any is that such accountability could eventually bite somebody you like, or somebody I like. But so be it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If we are going to accuse the Government of being corrupt then we should agree there should be a way to hold them accountable. No one is above the law.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Just waiting for them to adopt these uniforms and motto…

If the Supreme Court rules in favor of holding trump accountable, I’ll start to feel somewhat better. Something tells me Clarence Thomas owes it to us if he wants to keep the wolves at bay.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:09 pm
If we are going to accuse the Government of being corrupt then we should agree there should be a way to hold them accountable. No one is above the law.
That is the prevailing talking point for sure. I don't hold out hope that this will actually happen, and tend to believe that it will be weaponized even further against whatever opposition side there is of whoever is in office.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It is sickening how much our government is used as a way to get personally rich. The whole system is out of whack.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:23 pm
Nodack wrote:
That is the prevailing talking point for sure. I don't hold out hope that this will actually happen, and tend to believe that it will be weaponized even further against whatever opposition side there is of whoever is in office.
This whole weaponizing talk annoys me. Trump has had run ins with the courts many times in his lifetime and it seems that in 99.99999999999% of the cases he claims everyone involved against him is corrupt. It’s his go to move on everything and Maga eats it up every time. I haven’t heard a word of Biden pressuring anyone to investigate or prosecute anyone. He has intentionally stayed out of it. Biden is supposedly this frail old man that can’t put a sentence together and yet he is also this secret mastermind behind all these different court cases from all these different entities. Trump might be able to convince Maga that everyone but him is corrupt and that he is just being picked on and had nothing to do with all that stuff he is being accused of and if he did do it it doesn’t matter because a President can do anything he wants and cannot be prosecuted for any crime anyway.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:05 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:23 pm
Nodack wrote:
This whole weaponizing talk annoys me. Trump has had run ins with the courts many times in his lifetime and it seems that in 99.99999999999% of the cases he claims everyone involved against him is corrupt. It’s his go to move on everything and Maga eats it up every time. I haven’t heard a word of Biden pressuring anyone to investigate or prosecute anyone. He has intentionally stayed out of it. Biden is supposedly this frail old man that can’t put a sentence together and yet he is also this secret mastermind behind all these different court cases from all these different entities. Trump might be able to convince Maga that everyone but him is corrupt and that he is just being picked on and had nothing to do with all that stuff he is being accused of and if he did do it it doesn’t matter because a President can do anything he wants and cannot be prosecuted for any crime anyway.
I can assure you that my intent certainly wasn't to annoy you.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am annoyed in general by Trump always playing the victim card after doing something bad he does. I extorted Ukraine and they are calling me out on it. I am a poor victim of the deep state. My business was found guilty of tax fraud. The judge hates me and the Biden deep state went after me. I sent a mob to the Capital to derail the proceedings and now the Biden deep state is attacking me and the judge hates me. I fabricated a fake elector scheme and now the Biden deep state is picking on me and the judge hates me. I told people to find me votes after I came up short and now the Biden deep state is picking on me and the judge hates me. We told the world the voting machines were rigged and now the Biden deep state is trying to come after me. I sexually assaulted a woman and said a bunch of mean things about her and then the Biden deep state went after me and the judge hates me. I kept a whole bunch of classified material on purpose and told them I didn’t. Then they issued a subpoena for the docs and I gave them some. Then they raided my place and found hundreds more but it’s OK because I declassified them when I thought about them and besides, they are MINE! Now the Biden deep state is coming after me and the judge hates me.