Acts of domestic terrorism

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Acts of domestic terrorism

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy

Post by Indy »

"trained by"

"are"

"former"

what's the difference. rotten to the core.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Perhaps this isn't domestic terrorism, since so far there are no indications that there are. How does a high rise building just fall down out of the blue?

"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Really? We're going to jump to domestic terrorism with no proof? Let's let the families at least grieve first.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:12 am
Really? We're going to jump to domestic terrorism with no proof? Let's let the families at least grieve first.
Dude, I didn't know where to put this. I have no idea where it falls in with the news, but I thought it was newsworthy. Yeah, there are probably numerous families in that building as it collapsed. Sorry that it upset you where it was put.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:23 am
Superbone wrote:
Dude, I didn't know where to put this. I have no idea where it falls in with the news, but I thought it was newsworthy. Yeah, there are probably numerous families in that building as it collapsed. Sorry that it upset you where it was put.
It's not where it was put, it's what you said. "Perhaps this isn't domestic terrorism..." I wasn't even paying attention to which thread it was posted to.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:31 am
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
It's not where it was put, it's what you said. "Perhaps this isn't domestic terrorism..." I wasn't even paying attention to which thread it was posted to.
Fair enough. Are you ok now?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It looks like the Oklahoma bombing video. I can see where so e might suspect terrorism. There has been no mention of foul play yet by anyone on the official side. They said there was construction next door and someone raised the alarm that the concrete was cracking in places at the condo.

This sounds like an engineering failure and someone didn’t read the warning signs of eminent doom to me.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:06 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:31 am
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Fair enough. Are you ok now?
Very much so. Thanks for asking. Go Suns! :D

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That video of the condo building collapsing is amazing. Wow. Was it cheaply made or something? Is the ground unstable?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I was wondering if perhaps some sink hole developed underneath the condo? Idk how else that could have happened naturally.

I don't think this had anything to do with it, but there was a bomb dropped in the ocean about 100+ miles off of Florida to test the ship construction that created an earthquake, but I hardly think that possibly could have caused this.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Miami building collapse: Possible causes explained by area expert
Miami's salty coastal air could have facilitated the erosion of steel, expert said
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/m ... ble-causes

"In a general way, there are many things that could happen. Construction defects or engineering defects," he said, adding that he's not suggesting there were any construction or engineering defects but simply pointing out the possibility. "I think there is some value, and it makes some sense to do periodic inspections."

He added that salt in Miami's coastal air could potentially facilitate the erosion of steel. Evidence or erosion can appear in rust stains or exposed rebar.

"It's like a cancer," Slossberg said. "By the time you see it, it could be too late."

He added, however, that while salt can have a severe impact on coastal buildings, he is not sure how long it would take for salt to erode a building's materials to the point of collapse.

Solssberg also suggested that if the building were constructed with a "post-tension slab," or a concrete slab that has cables running through it, and one of those cables came loose, that could have led to its destruction.

"Buildings need to be inspected much sooner than 40 years, especially in a county where sea-level rise can affect a foundation," she tweeted Thursday.