Democratic primary watch

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Democratic primary watch

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think Harris is the right choice for several reasons but the biggest being that I think she's the best presidential candidate for 2024.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Very happy with the selection. Now...let's go make history!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:30 pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see her be leading investigations and charges/convictions for folks that are enabling what is happening now. Lots of self-dealing that Trump/Barr is ignoring/encouraging.
Man, I would love that. I hope to god there are repercussions for their bad, anti-USA behavior.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The partisanship in the US is off the charts. No doubt Trump has broken all kinds of laws and norms. I am not sure if I want a bunch of investigations into Trump and his evil minions to dominate after the election. It would just divide us further. I would be happy if Biden won and Trumps name was never mentioned again.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Kamala Harris is the best choice, all things considered. She has some imperfections, but she helps offset some of Biden's flaws and I don't think her flaws really hurt the ticket much. Biden had to pick somebody who was younger, somewhat moderate, and would be perceived as ready to help lead or step in if necessary. Kamala has the best mix of that out of the available choices. I think it's a strong ticket; Trump's in trouble.

Indy

Post by Indy »

How funny would it be for Biden to tap Clinton as his AG? Maybe she would lock him up.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:15 pm
Kamala Harris is the best choice, all things considered. She has some imperfections, but she helps offset some of Biden's flaws and I don't think her flaws really hurt the ticket much. Biden had to pick somebody who was younger, somewhat moderate, and would be perceived as ready to help lead or step in if necessary. Kamala has the best mix of that out of the available choices. I think it's a strong ticket; Trump's in trouble.
He's only in trouble if you think it'll be a fair election and he'll accept the results if he loses.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:28 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:15 pm
He's only in trouble if you think it'll be a fair election and he'll accept the results if he loses.
He won't accept it, no matter what. The real question is whether sitting GOP Senators accept it. They know their lobbying money is on the line if they get booted out of office, and if Lindsey Graham loses his race, and the Dems flip the Senate in November, they will see they need to distance themselves from Trump as quickly as possible.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

They've already shown their true selves. It's not about what's best for our country, it's about what's best for them.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:59 am
They've already shown their true selves. It's not about what's best for our country, it's about what's best for them.
honestly, I think that is 90% of politicians regardless of country or party affiliation. It is just that sometimes it works out that what might be best/good for them is also good for you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:33 am
Superbone wrote:
honestly, I think that is 90% of politicians regardless of country or party affiliation. It is just that sometimes it works out that what might be best/good for them is also good for you.
That's a very sad state of affairs if true but you're probably right.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:34 am
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Maybe it isn't 90, but I am sure it is this way in nearly every profession, not just politics, over the entire history of time. And I think the 10% or so that are doing it directly to help others, are because they are wired that way where NOT actively doing everything can to help others would hurt them more. (This goes into my belief that there is no such thing as a truly selfless act, but that is probably a longer post...)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Powerful speeches from Biden and Harris today.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:51 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:34 am
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Maybe it isn't 90, but I am sure it is this way in nearly every profession, not just politics, over the entire history of time. And I think the 10% or so that are doing it directly to help others, are because they are wired that way where NOT actively doing everything can to help others would hurt them more. (This goes into my belief that there is no such thing as a truly selfless act, but that is probably a longer post...)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Spock couldn't let the entire ship and everyone on it die, but remember he didn't do it without infecting Bones with his chakra first, against his will. And it is fiction. :P

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s not fiction. It just hasn’t happened yet. :shock:

Spock saved McCoy’s life and everyone else on the crew. Allowing Spock’s chakra to be temporarily stored in Bone’s head wasn’t asking too much and it brought them closer together...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:28 am
It’s not fiction. It just hasn’t happened yet. :shock:

Spock saved McCoy’s life and everyone else on the crew. Allowing Spock’s chakra to be temporarily stored in Bone’s head wasn’t asking too much and it brought them closer together...
:lol: Let's hope we make it to a place where planet earth comes together as one and eliminates poverty and starvation and racial prejudice and religious persecution. Count me in.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It will never happen in our lifetimes.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:27 pm
Ahem. Would it really be all that surprising if Nodack turned out to be Sonny?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:53 pm
Nodack wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:27 pm
Ahem. Would it really be all that surprising if Nodack turned out to be Sonny?
Nodack is a far better musician than Sonny!