Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:51 am
Indy wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:59 am
I was on a plane yesterday sitting across the aisle from a dude with a shirt covered in flags and stars and big "LET'S GO BRANDON" text on the front. He also only wore a mask when boarding and it said "This mask is as useless as Joe Biden." His partner just left her mask dangling from her ear the entire 4 hour flight as she was eating a small bag of nuts the entire time.
The thing is, I don't understand why the airlines aren't booting people like this off the planes. I guess they don't want to start a conflict, but, by not enforcing their COVID policies they are causing other people like me to not want to fly as much. So to get the one troublemaker's business, they're losing mine. I hope that works out for them.
He would put it on every time the flight attendant was walking down the aisle, and kept his water bottle on his tray to keep sipping from it. He was technically following the rules, which is stupid.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:01 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Indy wrote:
I was on a plane yesterday sitting across the aisle from a dude with a shirt covered in flags and stars and big "LET'S GO BRANDON" text on the front. He also only wore a mask when boarding and it said "This mask is as useless as Joe Biden." His partner just left her mask dangling from her ear the entire 4 hour flight as she was eating a small bag of nuts the entire time.
The thing is, I don't understand why the airlines aren't booting people like this off the planes. I guess they don't want to start a conflict, but, by not enforcing their COVID policies they are causing other people like me to not want to fly as much. So to get the one troublemaker's business, they're losing mine. I hope that works out for them.
He would put it on every time the flight attendant was walking down the aisle and kept his water bottle on his tray to keep sipping from it. He was technically following the rules, which is stupid.
Why do these assholes feel the need to be so loud, shouting their opinion and sharing it with everyone like we care? Is this how these people raise their kids? "Hey Sophrina, it's okay to basically walk around with a giant FUCK THE PRESIDENT shirt. When you're asked to follow a certain rule, follow it only if they are enforcing it and even then, do it with defiance".

I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT that you love Donald Trump, that you hate Biden. It's just like the guy a few streets down from us. When the election began, he hung a 15ft wide by 10ft tall banner across his garage that said TRUMP 2020. That's cool during the election. Here we are, 12+ months later. Guess what's still plastered over his garage?

A couple of streets over the other direction from us, a guy had several giant Donald Trump as Arnold Schwarzenegger from the Predator movie with a giant gun. All over his windows he had Biden with bullet holes covering those signs.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:27 am
He’ll be here all night…
Make sure to tip your waitresses.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:46 am
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Indy wrote:
He would put it on every time the flight attendant was walking down the aisle and kept his water bottle on his tray to keep sipping from it. He was technically following the rules, which is stupid.
Why do these assholes feel the need to be so loud, shouting their opinion and sharing it with everyone like we care? Is this how these people raise their kids? "Hey Sophrina, it's okay to basically walk around with a giant FUCK THE PRESIDENT shirt. When you're asked to follow a certain rule, follow it only if they are enforcing it and even then, do it with defiance".

I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT that you love Donald Trump, that you hate Biden. It's just like the guy a few streets down from us. When the election began, he hung a 15ft wide by 10ft tall banner across his garage that said TRUMP 2020. That's cool during the election. Here we are, 12+ months later. Guess what's still plastered over his garage?

A couple of streets over the other direction from us, a guy had several giant Donald Trump as Arnold Schwarzenegger from the Predator movie with a giant gun. All over his windows he had Biden with bullet holes covering those signs.
Do you live in Apache Junction or far east Mesa?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:03 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Indy wrote:

I live in the lookout mountain area. Fairly centralized in the north Phoenix area. The Schwarzenegger Trump is a relatively nice home. The one with the giant banner is a very nice home. It's baffling.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I like the neighbor down the street that Christmas decorated his yard and made the Saguaro cactus a cactus Santa guy holding a sign that says FJB.

I spent 5th grade to my junior year of HS at 21st and Bell close to Lookout Mountain. Now I live in far east Mesa close to Apache Junction close to Seizure World. Believe it or not, not in a mobile home.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Not Vaccinated? In Singapore, You’ll Pay for Your Own Covid-19 Treatment
People who haven’t received shots account for a disproportionate amount of the strain on healthcare resources, authorities say
https://www.wsj.com/articles/not-vaccin ... 1638965343
Singapore’s government has paid the full treatment costs of nearly all Covid-19 patients since last year, under a pandemic-era policy to ensure financial considerations wouldn’t add to public concern about the disease. On Wednesday, the government withdrew that support for those who choose to go unvaccinated.

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:05 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:03 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

I live in the lookout mountain area. Fairly centralized in the north Phoenix area. The Schwarzenegger Trump is a relatively nice home. The one with the giant banner is a very nice home. It's baffling.
Ah. I lived about 1.5 miles SW of there for a while.

And I don't think it is baffling that people with money vote for Trump. The baffling thing is when people that don't have over a million in assets vote for him/GOP when their primary focus is to punish those people while rewarding the well-off/wealthy.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Went to that funeral for my friend who died of Covid this past weekend. At the funeral we talked to a friend of ours who is a head nurse at a Banner hospital. She said their IC unit is at double capacity with covid patients. Now his father just fell and got hurt and there was no room at any hospital near him. They had to take him across town to a hospital that had one bed open and now he has pneumonia. My brother and his wife got Covid bad a week or so ago. They both ended up in the hospital. She ended up with pneumonia and he can barely breath and is coughing up blood.

I am getting tired of Covid.

Indy

Post by Indy »

sorry to hear that Dack.

my uncle finally recovered after having pneumonia in both lungs. idiot still thinks that was better than getting the vaccine.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Stubborn til the end. Not sure if my brother and his wife were vaccinated. He’s the one who loves guns and talks about losing all his freedoms from the Dems so, probably not.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:32 pm
Went to that funeral for my friend who died of Covid this past weekend. At the funeral we talked to a friend of ours who is a head nurse at a Banner hospital. She said their IC unit is at double capacity with covid patients. Now his father just fell and got hurt and there was no room at any hospital near him. They had to take him across town to a hospital that had one bed open and now he has pneumonia. My brother and his wife got Covid bad a week or so ago. They both ended up in the hospital. She ended up with pneumonia and he can barely breath and is coughing up blood.

I am getting tired of Covid.
I work at a hospital in Utah, our ICU has been full and overflowing to other units for months with no end in sight. The other day we started out with 3 total medical beds in the entire hospital. We are the largest hospital in our area with over 200 medical beds and we’ve halted or moved a lot of elective procedures to same day surgery. It’s crazy

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Crazy indeed.

Banner Health warns Arizona hospitals stretched to limit
https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... e344243717
PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix-based Banner Health is at its most overwhelmed since the pandemic began, leading the company’s officials to issue a warning Tuesday that its hospital system may have to eventually choose who can receive care.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy

Post by Indy »

Can you imagine if other facts were politicized like this one?

"Of course I don't brush my teeth! Tooth paste was created by DARPA in the 50s to implant mind-control drugs through our gums."

"Ha! You are still changing the oil in your car? They don't need it. That is a myth created by Big Oil to keep us stuck buying their products."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Seatbelts are for suckers! The automotive industry charges you extra for these unnecessary harnesses. We are human beings, not horses!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:39 pm
Can you imagine if other facts were politicized like this one?

"Of course I don't brush my teeth! Tooth paste was created by DARPA in the 50s to implant mind-control drugs through our gums."

"Ha! You are still changing the oil in your car? They don't need it. That is a myth created by Big Oil to keep us stuck buying their products."
"Climate change is fake, is cyclical, is not caused by humans, is not a problem."

"Guns don't kill people."

"If you cut taxes radically it will 'trickle-down' to everyone!"

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:36 pm
People who haven’t received shots account for a disproportionate amount of the strain on healthcare resources, authorities say
Singapore’s government has paid the full treatment costs of nearly all Covid-19 patients since last year, under a pandemic-era policy to ensure financial considerations wouldn’t add to public concern about the disease. On Wednesday, the government withdrew that support for those who choose to go unvaccinated.
This sets a bad precedent for an already greedy, corrupt money making industry that is insurance companies.

Have high cholesterol? It’s your fault you had a heart attack, not paying.

Drink alcohol? We’re not paying for your pancreatitis, maybe you shouldn’t have drank.

Get into a car accident while speeding? Your fault, if you were going the speed limit you wouldn’t have been so injured.

I am angry with this sector of society as much as anyone else, but this isn’t the solution.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

What is the solution? I see where you are coming from and can see where insurance companies would exploit these things. It reminds me of the new car insurance apps that keep track of your driving habits and give you discounts for not speeding etc. I am not interested in them GPS tracking my driving. I worked at GM for years and drove around with a tachograph all day keeping track of every aspect of my driving. It’s ok at work but, I don’t want “the man” tracking me in my personal life.

Then again all those bad physical habits do lead to hospitalization, death and treatment of those things. It adds to everyone’s costs. Obese people suffer from Covid worse than skinny people. They get diabetes. We eat poorly as a country. We eat a lot of stuff from the Cholesterol isle of the supermarket and it’s killing us. Bill Maher likes to talk about this a lot. He thinks we should be doing more as a country to promote healthy eating habits. We don’t. It’s killing us and costing us a lot of money.

Maybe we shouldn’t punish people for bad habits that cost everyone. We could at least try to promote healthier habits a little more.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

specialsauce wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:36 pm
This sets a bad precedent for an already greedy, corrupt money making industry that is insurance companies.

Have high cholesterol? It’s your fault you had a heart attack, not paying.

Drink alcohol? We’re not paying for your pancreatitis, maybe you shouldn’t have drank.

Get into a car accident while speeding? Your fault, if you were going the speed limit you wouldn’t have been so injured.

I am angry with this sector of society as much as anyone else, but this isn’t the solution.
You assume Singapore healthcare is the same as the US!

It’s ranked number one in the world:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Singapore

And Mori, Singapore is what every capitalist society wishes it was (in response to your trickle down economics comment) - low tax, very high wealth but low poverty and misery levels.

Very broadly speaking everyone who is poor has a property to live in courtesy of the government and can access infrastructure like public transport and healthcare.

Here’s a pretty good article on it:

https://asiatimes.com/2021/07/why-singa ... main-rich/