Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mori Chu »

Fox News is getting people killed, Exhibit #2857297:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:44 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:09 pm
3rdside wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:04 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:39 pm
I don't think anything you said was actually true. What "Conspiracy theories" have Dore & Brand pushed?
Dore could have said something to that effect about Trump in contrast to Hillary, as Hillary was a complete psychopath, and he is very much against neofascist shit-libs. I don't think he's a fan of Trump at all, but he calls out liars. It seems you or whoever you get you info from is just making things up and report it as your facts.
Aren't you the guy that cites @MagamanPatriot1776 from Twitter as primary evidence?
I can't recall that. Seems irrelevant. If it's true and I'm quoting you or anyone else, does it make it less true? Those things that Indy said were all false, no matter who he got it from.
If you are calling me a liar, come with facts.
Here's the facts, Greenwald wasn't fired, he resigned. You never even posted what the lies that Greenwald wanted to publish, so you didn't bring any "facts" yourself. You said that both Dore and Brand pushed conspiracy theories, and have still yet to produce any of those as your "facts".
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:07 am
Fox News is getting people killed, Exhibit #2857297:

This could be Exhibit #2983737 of hyperbole.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:48 pm
I don't think anyone of substance has said that about any of them. Dore and Brand are huge into conspiracy theories, and you can say Dore is a big Sanders supported, but he publicly said a Trump presidency would be good for the country. Greenwald is just a hack--I mean he was fired from his own paper after the editor-in-chief caught him printing lies directly from the Trump campaign as facts.
That is a huge distortion of the facts. He didn't say it would be good for the country in itself, he said it would be good for progressives and the future of their agenda. Here is the video clip:

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why haven't Hannity and Tucker resigned over Fox's vaccine mandate?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:05 pm
Why haven't Hannity and Tucker resigned over Fox's vaccine mandate?

Tucker claims there isn't a mandate at Fox, but they do have testing every day. He's probably vaxxed himself though, so no need to resign.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is true that Fox doesn't have a "mandate" that everyone get vaccinated. But the same is true of the Biden "mandate." It isn't a mandate that everyone get vaccinated, in either case. There are just testing requirements for those that don't get it. But the Fox policy is more stringent in what it requires of the employees than the Biden policy.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Do as I say, not as I do.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:18 pm
Do as I say, not as I do.
Is it true that the federal mandate is for all federal employees, including military, but Congress and their staff, along with employees of the USPS are exempt?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't know whether Congress is exempt, but I know that the USPS is a weird special entity. While part of the federal government, they are somehow treated as an independent entity for many rules and regulations. It's part of their contract or something. So they are often exempt from various laws that apply to federal employees and staff. I'm not defending or attacking that, but it seems to be how it was set up.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

With news from the NIH that funding was done to the Wuhan Institute for gain of function and PETA calling for Fauci's resignation over information about horrible torture experiments on beagle puppies and other animals, do we see a resignation of Fauci or does he just slide?

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:21 am
With news from the NIH that funding was done to the Wuhan Institute for gain of function and PETA calling for Fauci's resignation over information about horrible torture experiments on beagle puppies and other animals, do we see a resignation of Fauci or does he just slide?
You should go back and check your sources again. NIH didn't say they funded Wuhan for gain of function. And using test animals (of all kinds, even cute ones) is a part of medical research.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:51 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:21 am
You should go back and check your sources again. NIH didn't say they funded Wuhan for gain of function. And using test animals (of all kinds, even cute ones) is a part of medical research.
https://theintercept.com/2021/09/06/new ... inese-lab/
https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/nih-admit ... d-denials/
https://www.theepochtimes.com/dr-collin ... 71824.html
https://www.newswars.com/nih-director-s ... ideways-2/
https://www.politifact.com/article/2021 ... bout-gain/
https://redstate.com/scotthounsell/2021 ... ak-n463072
https://redstate.com/scotthounsell/2021 ... nt-n460349

Looks like it's he said, she said, and depends on your definition of how you interpret it.

So you're excusing and offering your support for cutting out the vocal cords and putting tents of sand flies on beagle puppies heads, where they ate away the skin from the puppies? And you are good with experiments in which researchers essentially gave monkeys brain damage and practiced psychological torture with fake snakes and spiders? I'm not sure how you can justify that, but go ahead and inform me.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... periments/
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... n-monkeys/

So St. Fauci just gets a pass on all this.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The fascination you (and so many Trump voters) seem to have with Dr. Fauci is disturbing.

And the only source you posted that actually shares news and facts says that the NIH didn't fund gain of function, but two scientists said it would meet their personal definition of gain of function.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like how he cites "redstate.com" and "Epoch Times" as credible sources, along with (Rupert Murdoch-owned) NY Post, and (Grenn Greenwald's) The Intercept. And then a random inflammatory YouTube video. Sure. Can you imagine consuming such absolute garbage media on a daily basis and thinking you are at all informed about anything?

I have a friend who brought up the animal testing thing, calling Fauci an animal murderer. What is it with people and Fauci? Do they think he is an evil mastermind or something? Did Fauci personally stab a puppy or what? How much power do these people think he has?

I honestly think Fauci is going to be murdered by a right-winger. That feels like the direction we're heading, targeted violence against public figures by right-wing extremists. I hope and pray that doesn't happen, but given the video recently of the guy saying to Charlie Kirk, "When do we get to start shooting our guns? When do we get to start killing these people?" I think it's only a matter of time.

Indy

Post by Indy »

With the trajectory we are on, I am curious what the odds are on a civil war.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't think you'll see any right-winger go after Fauci. Any chance a PETA fanatic could though?

The fringe seems to push civil war and/or speculate on it. No one should even think to want that, and I would be super leery of anyone pushing it. It's like people have a very almost romantic view of what it would be, when in reality it would be most likely the worst thing almost every one of us could possibly imagine living through.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The unbridled faith in St. Fauci you (and many others) have is even more disturbing. I wouldn't be surprised if you poo pooed and even lauded Fauci if for some reason in the future reports that he funded experiments on AIDS orphans in NYC in the past came out. The criticism of Fauci didn't start the past couple yrs.

You guys also seem to have some belief that only the sources you get your news from are somehow the only ones credible. Isn't that a bit arrogant and bigoted, when we have all seen every news source get things wrong? Name a news source above reproach, and I'm sure it will be easy to find that they made a mistake and led people down the wrong path with their coverage.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't know of anybody here who puts Fauci on a pedastal. St. Fauci? That's preposterous. I think most moderates and liberals don't spend much time thinking about him at all. I don't think he has a huge amount of influence; he's a figure in a large system, a person with a public voice who advocates and advises on various scientific issues. I don't think he's perfect or a saint; nor do I think he's some master schemer boogeyman who is working to destroy everything I hold dear.

As for news sources, well, none of them are perfect either. But some of them are at least trying to get it right. Others are pushing an obvious agenda and are mostly full of crap. The idea that you think those garbage sources are even in the same profession as, say, the Washington Post or BBC or AP News or other sources, is laughable.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I agree that the WaPo, BBC and AP News are pretty good overall. Maybe this isn't the place to really get into a discussion of "reliable sources". I have some things I feel I could rebut on that subject.