Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Coronavirus

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:35 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:17 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:49 pm
I can't believe there's still a debate about Hydroxychloroquine as a form of treatment for Covid-19. Wow. What about injecting sunlight into our lungs too? Come on In2ition. I can't believe this is even being talked about this far down the line.
LOL, nice one AIG. You are like the dude that stands behind your buddies egging them on with, "yeah, yeah, what an idiot!" "He probably thinks you can inject sunlight, hahahahahah!"
I grew up watching a ton of Beavis and Butthead as a kid. What do you expect?
:lol:
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I read some weird news sites. I get a kick out of reading Pravda. It’s a Russian News/propaganda site that enjoys telling Americans they suck.

Post-pandemic American society must not return to industrial capitalist roots
Читайте больше на https://english.pravda.ru/opinion/33434-post_pandemic/

https://english.pravda.ru/opinion/33434-post_pandemic/

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Andrew Cuomo is really having a tough month. It's a good thing he got that Emmy and was lauded for his brilliance early.

Legislators want to remove Cuomo's unilateral emergency powers

Threatens to destroy legislator's life.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/17/poli ... index.html

Cuomo may have tried to obstruct justice too?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cuomo sucks. He seems to have suppressed data about nursing homes in NY that would have made him look bad. That's very bad; perhaps criminal. He also seems quite pleased with himself, writing books about his great leadership and handling of COVID. And now a lot of these reports are coming out from folks who have worked with Cuomo that he's been belligerent, threatened them, yelled at them, etc. Not good at all. I think NY state can do better and should vote him out (replacing him with another Democrat).

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Weren't the only other states that had Executive Orders to put covid positive patients back in their nursing homes, Pennsylvania, Michigan, New Jersey and California? I believe that they all had Democrat governors, unless I'm mistaken. Why does the person to potentially replace Cuomo have to be a Democrat? They could be a part of the Whig party for all I care, as long as they can do a good job.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Remember when the Tea Party was scary?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:06 pm
Were you really scared of the Tea Party?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

[quote=In2ition post_id=197421 time=1613675253 user_id=59]
Weren't the only other states that had Executive Orders to put covid positive patients back in their nursing homes, Pennsylvania, Michigan, New Jersey and California? I believe that they all had Democrat governors, unless I'm mistaken. Why does the person to potentially replace Cuomo have to be a Democrat? They could be a part of the Whig party for all I care, as long as they can do a good job.
[/quote]

https://ballotpedia.org/How_gubernatori ... are_filled
Each state has some constitutionally prescribed method for filling vacancies in the office of governor. In the 45 states with a lieutenant governor, that individual is the first in the line of succession. Whether additional offices in the line of succession are named in the constitution or by statute varies among states.
Among those states where no such title as lieutenant governor exists, the primary successor to the governor varies. Officers first in line to succeed the governor in case of a vacancy are:

The president of the state senate in two states (Maine and New Hampshire) The presidents of the West Virginia and Tennessee state senates are also first in line since they serve as lieutenant governor ex officio.
The secretary of state in three other states (Arizona, Oregon and Wyoming).

As far as the the Covid nursing homes go. When hospitals are full and there are no beds left what do you do with Covid positive patients who aren’t in a life threatening position? There are a lot of different circumstances.

https://www.fox17online.com/news/corona ... itmer-says

[i]Whitmer said there has not been a single instance where the state ordered nursing homes to keep COVID-19 patients.

She said the state followed CDC guidance to allow nursing home residents to come back after they were hospitalized as long as they had a separate unit that was separately staffed.

"That was the CDC guidelines, that's what we followed," she said. "We never required a single nursing home to take in a patient that was recovering from COVID-19, it's just plain false."[/i]

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-yor ... der-2020-5

[i]Cuomo has defended his March order and said he was just following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "New York followed the president's agencies' guidance," Cuomo said during a press conference on Saturday. "What New York did was follow what the Republican Administration said to do. That's not my attempt to politicize it. It's my attempt to depoliticize it. So don't criticize the state for following the president's policy."

On May 10, Cuomo released new guidance that prohibited hospitals from sending people who tested positive for COVID-19 back to nursing homes, though his administration said the new guidance added to — but did not replace — the original order.[/i]

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I want Cuomo's replacement to be a Democrat because I am of the opinion that the Republican party does not deserve to have any of its members elected to any office ever again. Not President, not Governor, not Senate, not House, not state or local government. Not dog catcher.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:35 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:07 pm
Each state has some constitutionally prescribed method for filling vacancies in the office of governor. In the 45 states with a lieutenant governor, that individual is the first in the line of succession. Whether additional offices in the line of succession are named in the constitution or by statute varies among states.
Among those states where no such title as lieutenant governor exists, the primary successor to the governor varies. Officers first in line to succeed the governor in case of a vacancy are:

The president of the state senate in two states (Maine and New Hampshire) The presidents of the West Virginia and Tennessee state senates are also first in line since they serve as lieutenant governor ex officio.

As far as the the Covid nursing homes go. When hospitals are full and there are no beds left what do you do with Covid positive patients who aren’t in a life threatening position? There are a lot of different circumstances.

Whitmer said there has not been a single instance where the state ordered nursing homes to keep COVID-19 patients.

She said the state followed CDC guidance to allow nursing home residents to come back after they were hospitalized as long as they had a separate unit that was separately staffed.

"That was the CDC guidelines, that's what we followed," she said. "We never required a single nursing home to take in a patient that was recovering from COVID-19, it's just plain false."

Cuomo has defended his March order and said he was just following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "New York followed the president's agencies' guidance," Cuomo said during a press conference on Saturday. "What New York did was follow what the Republican Administration said to do. That's not my attempt to politicize it. It's my attempt to depoliticize it. So don't criticize the state for following the president's policy."

On May 10, Cuomo released new guidance that prohibited hospitals from sending people who tested positive for COVID-19 back to nursing homes, though his administration said the new guidance added to — but did not replace — the original order.
thanks for the details

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:26 pm
I want Cuomo's replacement to be a Democrat because I am of the opinion that the Republican party does not deserve to have any of its members elected to any office ever again. Not President, not Governor, not Senate, not House, not state or local government. Not dog catcher.
LOL, I should have known better and never have asked. Having The Party be the only party sounds very CCP and Nazi like.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:08 pm
Superbone wrote:
It was a rhetorical question.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:00 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:08 pm
Superbone wrote:
It was a rhetorical question.
I thought so, but didn't want to assume so.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:35 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:07 pm

Whitmer said there has not been a single instance where the state ordered nursing homes to keep COVID-19 patients.

"That was the CDC guidelines, that's what we followed," she said. "We never required a single nursing home to take in a patient that was recovering from COVID-19, it's just plain false."

Cuomo has defended his March order and said he was just following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "New York followed the president's agencies' guidance," Cuomo said during a press conference on Saturday. "What New York did was follow what the Republican Administration said to do. That's not my attempt to politicize it. It's my attempt to depoliticize it. So don't criticize the state for following the president's policy."

On May 10, Cuomo released new guidance that prohibited hospitals from sending people who tested positive for COVID-19 back to nursing homes, though his administration said the new guidance added to — but did not replace — the original order.
Thanks for the information on the succession if Cuomo is removed. Do you think the article from May here relieves him of the stuff just recently?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think we said a lot of mean things about Trump and Republicans in the last four years and you are here to return the favor to be honest.

If Cuomo is found guilty of something, then I hope he pays the appropriate price dictated by the law. If Cuomo was only following CDC/Trump guidance why would he be at fault? The ones brought back were by order sent to an all Covid area of the nursing homes. Then again most of those places aren’t designed to hold Covid patients. Then again what places other than hospitals are designed to gold Covid patients. When your hospitals are full and people need the hospital bed more than the elderly Covid patient who isn’t in as bad shape what do you do? A lot of people have been put in difficult situations by Covid and since the virus didn’t hand out a manual it has been hit and miss sometimes. Masks are good. Masks are bad. Social distancing is important. Social distancing doesn’t help at all. The disease is deadly. The disease is fake.

What stats did the CDC show about the disease? All Covid medical stats/info was blocked from going to the CDC by Trump. What did the CDC say at their press conferences on Covid. They weren’t allowed to speak with the press about Covid as per Trump again. All that has changed. The CDC is back in charge, not Trump. The new President is engaged with Covid, not ignoring it. He isn’t telling the Country the disease is nothing to worry about like Trump did. He is telling us to wear our masks, unlike Trump who mocked anyone with a mask.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Agree with all of that. I'll also add that if you're going after Cuomo now, let's also take a look at Republican Govs who ignored safety protocols, closed testing sites, manipulated covid data, held rallies, etc which most likely cost lives.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:15 am
Agree with all of that. I'll also add that if you're going after Cuomo now, let's also take a look at Republican Govs who ignored safety protocols, closed testing sites, manipulated covid data, held rallies, etc which most likely cost lives.
yes. equal justice. I don't care where someone gets their checks,

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:39 pm
I think we said a lot of mean things about Trump and Republicans in the last four years and you are here to return the favor to be honest.

If Cuomo is found guilty of something, then I hope he pays the appropriate price dictated by the law. If Cuomo was only following CDC/Trump guidance why would he be at fault? The ones brought back were by order sent to an all Covid area of the nursing homes. Then again most of those places aren’t designed to hold Covid patients. Then again what places other than hospitals are designed to gold Covid patients. When your hospitals are full and people need the hospital bed more than the elderly Covid patient who isn’t in as bad shape what do you do? A lot of people have been put in difficult situations by Covid and since the virus didn’t hand out a manual it has been hit and miss sometimes. Masks are good. Masks are bad. Social distancing is important. Social distancing doesn’t help at all. The disease is deadly. The disease is fake.

What stats did the CDC show about the disease? All Covid medical stats/info was blocked from going to the CDC by Trump. What did the CDC say at their press conferences on Covid. They weren’t allowed to speak with the press about Covid as per Trump again. All that has changed. The CDC is back in charge, not Trump. The new President is engaged with Covid, not ignoring it. He isn’t telling the Country the disease is nothing to worry about like Trump did. He is telling us to wear our masks, unlike Trump who mocked anyone with a mask.
Nodack, I'm not here to return the favor. It's not a Dem vs. Rep thing to me. There are some real POS Reps out there too and I will call them out and hope they get justice. Let's be honest, I'm one of the only ones that have come in here after this has been an echo chamber and circle jerk to Leftism, without any type of pushback. You would think with all the news that is passed on here, that there is only pious Dems and evil Reps. There was never any news on the crappy things that the Dems were doing, so you get a super skewed worldview. I hope you don't think I'm being mean to you in particular or anyone really. It's tough coming in here and it being 1 vs. 8 most of the time, and I avoided it for yrs.

I think you are right with changing of positions on what works and what doesn't work. It's insane how many times we've seen positions change. Here's another example that just came out:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:27 am
ShelC wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:15 am
yes. equal justice. I don't care where someone gets their checks,
I'm all for equal justice. Real equal justice and not trumped up or false charges and skewed sentences.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:05 am

I think you are right with changing of positions on what works and what doesn't work. It's insane how many times we've seen positions change. Here's another example that just came out:
Do you really believe that a world-renowned expert in epidemiology said that vaccines wouldn't help stop the spread of a disease?