Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:23 am
I’ve got a lot of coworkers that I’ve been trying to convince to take it. Actually talked 1 into it today and they are down getting it as we speak.
thank you split. It has been amazing to me how so many nurses I know are not very educated when it comes to medical science.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

FENCED IN Germany to hold Covid rule breakers in REFUGEE CAMPS under new crackdown to stop Brit mutant virus explosion
https://www.the-sun.com/news/2159382/ge ... ant-virus/

Germany to repurpose refugee camps to detain people who repeatedly flout Covid rules by going out when they should be quarantining
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ntres.html

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... sions.html
'It's a liberating feeling to let the science speak!' Dr. Fauci unloads on Trump saying 'things were said that weren't based on science,' and 'you didn't feel you could say something and there wouldn't be repercussions'

Dr. Anthony Fauci made it clear he's happy to be working for President Joe Biden
In his first appearance in White House briefing room in months, Fauci took a few pot shots at what it was like operating under Donald Trump
'One of the new things in this administration is: if you don't know the answer, don't guess. Just say you don't know the answer,' he said
Fauci noted the strain he felt talking about COVID while working under Trump
'You didn't feel like you could say something and there wouldn't be repercussions,' he said
Fauci made his first public appearance at President Biden's side Thursday
Of the new administration's stance toward him, Fauci said: 'It is somewhat of a liberating feeling'

'One of the things that was very clear as recently as about 15 minutes ago, when I was with the president, is that one of the things that we're going to do is to be completely transparent open and honest if things go wrong.

'Not point fingers but to correct them and to make everything we do be based on science and evidence.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:05 am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... sions.html
'It's a liberating feeling to let the science speak!' Dr. Fauci unloads on Trump saying 'things were said that weren't based on science,' and 'you didn't feel you could say something and there wouldn't be repercussions'

Dr. Anthony Fauci made it clear he's happy to be working for President Joe Biden
In his first appearance in White House briefing room in months, Fauci took a few pot shots at what it was like operating under Donald Trump
'One of the new things in this administration is: if you don't know the answer, don't guess. Just say you don't know the answer,' he said
Fauci noted the strain he felt talking about COVID while working under Trump
'You didn't feel like you could say something and there wouldn't be repercussions,' he said
Fauci made his first public appearance at President Biden's side Thursday
Of the new administration's stance toward him, Fauci said: 'It is somewhat of a liberating feeling'

'One of the things that was very clear as recently as about 15 minutes ago, when I was with the president, is that one of the things that we're going to do is to be completely transparent open and honest if things go wrong.

'Not point fingers but to correct them and to make everything we do be based on science and evidence.
Probably more accurate to say he is happy to not be working for Trump. He has been there for what, 7 presidents?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Looks like Cuomo in NY, Lightfoot in Chicago, Whitmer, and many others are reopening businesses in the midst of "surging" numbers. Right after the 20th, interesting. Is the Covid death and cases ticker still on CNN?

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Michigan closed them completely when cases were spiking a few weeks ago. Now that cases have subsided they are opening up to 25% capacity. AZ is at 50% capacity.

It’s a conspiracy! Better get Qanon on it quickly! I’m sure China had something to do with it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Haha! Thanks Nodack. Your humor is a true gift, but I hopefully I'll get to come listen to you play soon. Never been a Q follower, and wouldn't even know where to find it to read it, nor ever felt the need or want to look.

This will dramatically lower the number of cases. Also, the WHO and CDC are requiring 2 positive tests and symptoms to be called a Covid case.
https://www.contagionlive.com/view/chan ... ic-testing
https://www.theepochtimes.com/who-chang ... 21-01-23-2

Hydroxychloroquine, which is used like Tylenol, over the counter around the world is now magically ok to use after being banned in many states, including AZ.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would strongly agree that it is dumb to reopen anything right now. COVID is nearly at its peak, just slightly down from 1-2 weeks ago. It is not time to resume indoor dining or gyms or other such things.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:11 pm
I would strongly agree that it is dumb to reopen anything right now. COVID is nearly at its peak, just slightly down from 1-2 weeks ago. It is not time to resume indoor dining or gyms or other such things.
Yeah, Newsome is now fighting a ton of recall talk, and it looks like he is buckling.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The CDC says 96% of the Covid deaths were fake? OAN says so?

I am not going to read any of that right wing bs. 99% made up bs.

Fact check: 94% of individuals with additional causes of death still had COVID-19
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN25U2IO
Shared thousands of times on Facebook, posts claim that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) “quietly updated” its COVID-19 data “to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 (U.S.) deaths recorded actually died from (COVID-19).” According to the posts, the CDC stated that the other 94% of people died from other causes, and that only 9,210 people have died from COVID-19. This claim is false.

CDC Did Not ‘Admit Only 6%’ of Recorded Deaths from COVID-19
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/cdc-d ... -covid-19/
Last edited by Nodack on Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:36 pm
The CDC says 96% of the Covid deaths were fake? OAN says so?
Pfft
right...

Split T

Post by Split T »

Is this that thing again where only 6% had no other comorbidities? That doesn’t mean the deaths aren’t legitimately Covid deaths. Almost no one dies from anything without other health complications.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I would imagine since Biden took over that the CDC stopped being neutered like they were under Trump. The worst pandemic in our lifetime and Trump banned the CDC from speaking to the public and banned CDC from getting ANY figures on Covid cases. How F’ed up was that?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:43 pm
Is this that thing again where only 6% had no other comorbidities? That doesn’t mean the deaths aren’t legitimately Covid deaths. Almost no one dies from anything without other health complications.
America does have a lot of gun deaths.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:33 pm
Split T wrote:
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE DO!!

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:55 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:
Unless the gun is in the hands of a cop.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:19 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:55 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:
Unless the gun is in the hands of a cop.
NOPE! THEN IT IS THE FAULT OF THE PERP WHO DIDN'T LISTEN TO THE COP! AND DID YOU KNOW HE WAS ACCUSED OF STEALING CANDY ONCE?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Just watched a couple scientists talk about he Coronavirus on Bill Maher. What they said made a lot of sense that it’s most likely that the virus was manufactured in a Wuhan lab. They were saying a virus that came from nature would probably not be this deadly as they want to survive. Can’t do that if you kill your hosts.

The other interesting thing is why are scientists messing with this stuff? Supposedly so they can stop one after it starts but on the other hand they might never have existed in the first place if they weren’t experimenting with them! Scary stuff.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:10 pm
Just watched a couple scientists talk about he Coronavirus on Bill Maher. What they said made a lot of sense that it’s most likely that the virus was manufactured in a Wuhan lab. They were saying a virus that came from nature would probably not be this deadly as they want to survive. Can’t do that if you kill your hosts.

The other interesting thing is why are scientists messing with this stuff? Supposedly so they can stop one after it starts but on the other hand they might never have existed in the first place if they weren’t experimenting with them! Scary stuff.
small pox? The plague?

A virus' only job is to survive long enough to pass yourself to a new host, as fast as possible. This virus is great at that.

And every major government in the world is messing with biological agents like this for 'research' and by that I mean warfare.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bill Maher sometimes makes me laugh, but I wouldn't look to his show for authoritative information about the origins of COVID. It's possible COVID was lab created, but I don't think the available evidence supports that so far. I think people are drawn to these kinds of stories because we can't quite fathom that something this devastating would just be a random byproduct of viral evolution. But that's most likely what it is.