Coronavirus

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Superbone »

I'm getting my 2nd booster on Friday. Will be going to Vegas and AZ the weeks after that.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Playoff time!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:25 pm
Playoff time!
Sure would like to be there for another Finals game!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yeah!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

China (esp. Shanghai) is having a tough time with yet another COVID outbreak. Something to keep an eye on.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I read yesterday that 1 in 13 people in the entire UK currently have Covid AB.2. Not have had it, but currently do.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

A big part of China's problem is a far less effective vaccine than the one available in the West and other parts of Asia.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:57 pm
A big part of China's problem is a far less effective vaccine than the one available in the West and other parts of Asia.
Interesting. Good to know. I was starting to wonder if this thing will ever end. It might just end up like the flu. Just hope I don't have to get a shot every six months.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Researchers: Nearly Half Of Accounts Tweeting About Coronavirus Are Likely Bots
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... ikely-bots
Nearly half of the Twitter accounts spreading messages on the social media platform about the coronavirus pandemic are likely bots, researchers at Carnegie Mellon University said Wednesday.

It is too early to say conclusively which individuals or groups are behind the bot accounts, but researchers said the tweets appeared aimed at sowing division in America.

"We do know that it looks like it's a propaganda machine, and it definitely matches the Russian and Chinese playbooks, but it would take a tremendous amount of resources to substantiate that," said Kathleen Carley, a professor of computer science at Carnegie Mellon University who is conducting a study into bot-generated coronavirus activity on Twitter that has yet to be published.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump-appointed federal judge strikes down airline/travel mask mandate.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This happens because Republicans appoint judges who are deemed unqualified by the ABA because they are partisan shills.

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:12 pm
This happens because Republicans appoint judges who are deemed unqualified by the ABA because they are partisan shills.

Same ABA:

"For recent U.S. Supreme Court nominees, Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., Justice Samuel Alito, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Justice Elena Kagan, Justice Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett all received the same "well qualified" rating."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, I mean, the issue with Trump's SCOTUS justices wasn't that they lacked the credentials. It was that he stole the seat that was rightfully Obama's (Gorsuch), and then totally did the reverse and nominated a justice 3 weeks before leaving office (Barrett). Dems should pack the Court in response, but don't have the votes nor the guts.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, the fact that the ABA says Barrett is qualified, despite only being a judge for <3 years, says a whole lot about Mizelle.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Their mom died of COVID. They say conspiracy theories are what really killed her
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... y-theories
She also says she's slowly making her peace with Stephanie's death.

"I'm a lot less angry," she says.

But she still thinks about the people who make the paranoia-laced videos that her mother consumed day after day. She understands that something inside her mother drew her to those voices, but Laurie still sees Stephanie mainly as a victim of the grifters and attention-seekers who generate many hours of falsehoods every day to grab money, likes and shares.

"Whoever is creating all this content, is on some level waging a war — here in America — inside of every family," she says. "I think people need to wake up to that."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Our family all just tested positive for it. Haven't been feeling great. Sore throat, congestion, light cough, sore chest / upper body. Not fun. Wife and I vaccinated and boosted (Pfizer). Daughter is too young to be vaccinated (2 1/2). Woke up with bad diarrhea the 2nd day of symptoms. On about day 4 now. Have lost some of my taste but not all of it. Thank God for the Suns.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 2:23 pm
Our family all just tested positive for it. Haven't been feeling great. Sore throat, congestion, light cough, sore chest / upper body. Not fun. Wife and I vaccinated and boosted (Pfizer). Daughter is too young to be vaccinated (2 1/2). Woke up with bad diarrhea the 2nd day of symptoms. On about day 4 now. Have lost some of my taste but not all of it. Thank God for the Suns.
Sorry to hear it; hope you and your family feel better soon.

Indy

Post by Indy »

speedy recovery to you all

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

So far we're all doing pretty well considering. Thanks everyone. Will keep you posted.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton