The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Nodack »

Make her the Speaker. That would be entertaining.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:02 am
Make her the Speaker. That would be entertaining.
It might make for good drama. But I don't like putting Bad People into more powerful positions. And MTG is Bad.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

These bad people think they know everything and love to criticize everyone else, especially their own. Give her the gavel and let her fail miserably. Nothing is getting done anyway.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The effort by the GOP to impeach DHS secretary Mayorkas (on the grounds that he was not managing the border well) has failed.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Silly Republicans.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Republican Intel Chair Turner: ‘Absolutely true’ that Russian propaganda has infected US Congress
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4579 ... -congress/
House Intelligence Committee Chair Mike Turner (R-Ohio) stressed the expansive reach of Russian propaganda and said Sunday it has even presented itself on the floor of the U.S. Congress.
In an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union” with Jake Tapper, Turner said he agreed with Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas), chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, who singled out conservative news outlets and said, “Russian propaganda has made its way into the United States, unfortunately, and it’s infected a good chunk of my party’s base.”

Oh, it’s absolutely true,” Turner told Tapper about McCaul’s remarks. “We see directly coming from Russia attempts to mask communications that are anti-Ukraine and pro-Russia messages, some of which we even hear being uttered on the House floor.”
“I mean, there are members of Congress today, who still incorrectly say that this conflict between Russia and Ukraine is over NATO, which of course it is not,” Turner said. “[Russian President] Vladimir Putin having made it very clear, both publicly and to his own population, that his view is that this is a conflict of a much broader claim of Russia, to Eastern Europe, and including claiming all of Ukraine territory as Russia’s.”

Now, to the extent that this propaganda takes hold, it makes it more difficult for us to really see this as an authoritarian versus democracy battle, which is what it is. President Xi [Jinping] of China, Vladimir Putin himself have identified it as such,” Turner said.
“We need to stand up for democracy. We need to make certain that we know that authoritarian regimes never stop when they start an aggression. Ukraine needs our help and assistance now and this is a very critical time for the U.S. Congress to step up and provide that aid,” Turner continued.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

After listening to the Racheal Maddow podcasts about what happened right before WWII with several US Congressmen being on Hitlers payroll and now seeing this, it makes me wonder how many US Congressmen are on the Putin payroll today.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:16 pm
After listening to the Racheal Maddow podcasts about what happened right before WWII with several US Congressmen being on Hitlers payroll and now seeing this, it makes me wonder how many US Congressmen are on the Putin payroll today.
Probably more than you'd want to know, and probably on both sides.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yep, it was on both sides in 1939. I think I do want to know though.

2017- House leader McCarthy suggested Trump on Putin payroll: Washington Post

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A leading Republican in the U.S. Congress in June 2016 made a quip during a private meeting of fellow lawmakers that Russian President Vladimir Putin could be making payments to Donald Trump, the Washington Post reported on Wednesday.
https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN18D2YO/
According to the Washington Post report, House Speaker Paul Ryan, a fellow Republican, interrupted McCarthy and urged Republicans present to keep McCarthy's remarks secret.
The newspaper report quoted McCarthy saying, "There's two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump."
McCarthy fired back at the report on Twitter on Wednesday, saying, "This was an attempt at humor gone wrong."
A spokesman for Ryan said the remarks were meant as humor and had been taken out of context.

2024 - Russia Is Buying Politicians in Europe. Is It Happening Here Too?
A former CIA officer explains how a vast, pro-Putin corruption network uncovered in Europe is a warning sign for the U.S.
https://newrepublic.com/article/180630/ ... ns-america
Democrats for years have warned about Russian influence in the Republican Party under Donald Trump. But now even some prominent GOP members of Congress are sounding the alarm.

“I think Russian propaganda has made its way into the United States, unfortunately, and it’s infected a good chunk of my party’s base,” Representative Michael McCaul, chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, told Puck’s Julia Ioffe last week. Representative Mike Turner, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, went further, telling CNN’s Jake Tapper a few days later, “We see directly coming from Russia attempts to mask communications that are anti-Ukraine and pro-Russia messages, some of which we even hear being uttered on the House floor.”

Which Republicans might they be referring to? Representative Ken Buck didn’t hesitate to point a finger at Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, saying on Monday, “Moscow Marjorie is focused now on this Ukraine issue and getting her talking points from the Kremlin and making sure that she is popular and she is getting a lot of coverage.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is such a bizarre statement from MTG. It feels like it must have been written by someone in the Hungarian or Russian government or something. "Transcarpathian"? There's just no way MTG knows or cares what that is.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Uh oh. Republicans are trying to commit election fraud again.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:38 am
Uh oh. Republicans are trying to commit election fraud again.

That's rich

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We knew who the real cheaters were all along.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Republicans busted for illegally trying to trick black people and suppress their votes.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodding.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think at this point even most Republicans think she’s on the Russian payroll.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

She is evil incarnate.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Weird. The whole family seems to have that voice issue.

https://youtube.com/shorts/cXZ5hn1qRRY? ... RLlYlxJeFF
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:52 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too. His brother, who looks like he's about to drool in the background there has the same thing, when I heard him speak. I thought it was a rare condition.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:47 am
Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:52 pm

Yeah, I noticed that too. His brother, who looks like he's about to drool in the background there has the same thing, when I heard him speak. I thought it was a rare condition.
Maybe it is but that family just has the gene. I don't know.
"Be Legendary."