The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by In2ition »

They did such a bang up job in 2020 and 2022, you would think they would definitely retain them all, right?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Definitely purged those who weren’t on board for January 6, the stolen election claim, and those that wouldn’t go along with the fake elector scheme.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It helped Dems to have those idiots in their positions. They threw money at candidates that had no chance of winning, and ignored close races that could have been won with money invested. It was like they had Democrat operatives in charge of the RNC. I can see why this is a point of contention to you.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

To this side it just looks like Trump has completely taken over control of the RNC and is purging anyone who isn’t 100% loyal to him. Now he can siphon off RNC funds to pay his legal bills with no interference.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I would hope that they would put the money into winning the elections around the country, and it would be disappointing that they wouldn't focus on that and instead redirect the money to Trump's legal fees. Tbh though, it would be better to use the money on the legal fees than on races that can't be won. At least you aren't throwing the money away, which is what McDaniel was doing.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:30 am
To this side it just looks like Trump has completely taken over control of the RNC and is purging anyone who isn’t 100% loyal to him. Now he can siphon off RNC funds to pay his legal bills with no interference.
It's like The Godfather.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's really nothing left of the GOP other than MAGA. I don't think MAGA has a majority coalition to win Presidential elections; they're leaving behind a lot of moderate voters and voters who lean conservative/Republican but didn't like Trump. I think it's going to hurt them. But we'll have to wait and see.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I (Sue) have gotten 11 messages from the Republican Party begging for donations in just the past two days.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:47 pm
I (Sue) have gotten 11 messages from the Republican Party begging for donations in just the past two days.
I don't quite understand why you don't put those in your spam and/or block the numbers.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:35 pm
There's really nothing left of the GOP other than MAGA. I don't think MAGA has a majority coalition to win Presidential elections; they're leaving behind a lot of moderate voters and voters who lean conservative/Republican but didn't like Trump. I think it's going to hurt them. But we'll have to wait and see.
How many do you think that is?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:15 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:35 pm
How many do you think that is?
Many of Nikki Haley's supporters, for one. Of which there are millions. And many former Republicans who have changed registration to Independent or D due to Trump. I don't have the link handy but when Haley supporters have been asked whether they'd fold over to Trump when she dropped out, a large percentage of them said no. They may have been fibbing, or they may change their minds, but that's a lot of folks and it'd concern me if I were rooting for a Trump win.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:02 pm
Nodack wrote:
I don't quite understand why you don't put those in your spam and/or block the numbers.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:02 pm
Nodack wrote:
I read the text. Write something derogatory back and then block every one. These are coming from different numbers but all pointing to the same GOP donation page. I haven’t
clicked on any of their links and just assume by the name they just want me to donate.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The worst

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Todays messages so far.

President Trump: I'M IN COURT. AGAIN!

Before the day is over, I need you to read my urgent update.

READ NOW: https://d.gopgivenow.com/BYEOLieC14c
Reply Stop to Stop

Your response will represent EVERY AMERICAN in your state.

We cannot finalize our report for the Chair and Co-Chair without YOUR RESPONSE.

Our leadership team will check back in 2 HOURS and if you STILL haven't stepped up, we'll assume that you will NEVER step up.

Please submit your response RIGHT NOW and have your Trump White House Agenda Survey response RECORDED.

>> https://d.gopgivenow.com/ibX8yvIk64f
Reply Stop to Stop

Sue, this is Senator John Barrasso. I wanted to take a moment to remind you of something important. Please read: jb4wy.com/KDfy

Stop to stop

Am so needed. They cannot possibly finalize their “report” for the co-chair(Lara Trump) without my urgent response. They will wait for MY response for two hours and if I STILL haven’t stepped up and donated money to his cause I must be a loser and will never step up. What a joke. It must be from Trump because he added a little insult.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Uh oh, Matty Gaetz is back in the hot seat for chasing after young girls.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

All you need is money and a slogan and you too can be elected as a Congressman.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:49 pm
Uh oh, Matty Gaetz is back in the hot seat for chasing after young girls.

I hope he doesn't catch them.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Todays messages from Maga…

Hi.

Can you confirm some information for me?

https://gop.txtdonate.com/MhlSGD8vf7f

It won't take more than a minute or two of your time.

Hand to God.

-Mike Pompeo
Reply Stop to Stop

Seriously this isn't okay. 😵 There's no way we can just let this continue in our community.

Voter confidence is at a historic LOW, the law isn't being followed, and it's not okay.

I'm Justin Heap and I'm running for Maricopa County Recorder to fix the problems once and for all. BUT I NEED YOUR HELP.

➡️ https://go.azsos.gov/yhb9

Please click the link above to go to the official AZ Secretary of State's secure EQual petition where you can sign to get me on the ballot and fix our broken elections.

Every signature I get through EQual is pre-verified by the SOS. Please go to https://go.azsos.gov/yhb9 and sign right now!

Sue you can reply STOP to opt-out, but I really hope you won't. 2024 is too important!

Farewell, Ted Cruz.

Our hearts sank…

We prayed we were wrong, Patriot.

But if you don't already know, here's what happened: https://t.gopsecure.com/pmUhf24UzXc
Reply Stop to Stop

FROM TRUMP: You don't have to answer every question…

But PLEASE don't skip #1.

TAKE MY POLL NOW: https://gop.txtdonate.com/RFlmQcpIWGd
Reply Stop to Stop

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Is Mike Pompeo the hand of God? I don’t get it.