The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:31 am
Large companies own much of everything and they keep merging to become larger companies that keep swallowing smaller companies. Amazon, Walmart, Guitar Center, iHeart radio, airlines, hotel chains, even RV parks.

The Federal Trade Commission on Monday sued to block the $25 billion deal between Kroger and Albertsons, alleging the largest supermarket merger in US history would lead to higher prices, store closures and job losses.
In that sense, Blackrock and Vanguard pretty much own every corporation in the world.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The GOP is sending its best people, exhibit #238973298:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Oh my goodness, good riddance.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Note that he said he's *not* dropping out, so "good riddance" is premature.

Speaking of good riddance, Mitch McConnell is stepping down in November! Huzzah.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:56 am
Note that he said he's *not* dropping out, so "good riddance" is premature.

Speaking of good riddance, Mitch McConnell is stepping down in November! Huzzah.

Not soon enough, imo. Don't let the door hit you in the...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We seem to all agree that McConnell was very bad. Maybe we can agree to disagree on the reasons WHY he was bad. :-)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

How could we possibly confirm an Obama Supreme Court pick with only a year left in his term. We decided that we are going to ignore any Obama picks and just wait until the next election…because we want to let the American people decide. Don’t worry, if another pick comes up during the next Presidents term within a year of him leaving office, we won’t confirm them either.

Fast forward and Trump is President and has one month left before the next election and a Supreme Court vacancy opens up. What does Mitch and the rest of the GOP do? They confirm Trumps pick faster than white on rice and then McConnel gives a sly smile.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I hope when McConnell eventually dies, there's a very warm seat waiting for him down below.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:45 pm
I hope when McConnell eventually dies, there's a very warm seat waiting for him down below.
I do not wish that one anyone, but do think it may be inevitable for him.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’m don’t subscribe to the religion thing. I think he will eventually just turn into dust in the wind.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is a good essay about Mitch McConnell's retirement. The harm he's caused on the country will last for a generation.

When it comes to the Republican Party, we may think of ourselves as living in the era of Trumpism. But in many ways Trump is merely living in Mitch McConnell’s world. In which compassion is extended to corporations, not people. In which even those whom we elect to office who might carry some of that FDR spirit in their hearts, have their hands tied in being able to alleviate other people’s pain. A country where millions of people suffering just like young Addison McConnell did are denied the help they desperately need — because that would mean Mitch not winning.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Way to meet the absolute minimum bar, morons.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That can is getting pretty beat up.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The GOP in Michigan are voting this weekend. If you live in Michigan and are a Republican, you need to figure out for yourself which Republican Party you belong to since there are two different Republican party’s claiming to be the real Republican party in Michigan. One Republican convention in Grand Rapids and another one in Detroit who also claims to be the real one.

Perfect.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

FL GOP's "Stop WOKE" Act ruled unconstitutional:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This whole Woke and anti Woke battle thing seems so petty to me. As if we don’t have bigger problems to deal with.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Appointing Trump family members to take over the RNC (so he can raid their funds to pay his legal bills) seems like a great way to push away moderates and shrink the tent. Have at it!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm seeing several tweets criticizing this guy who just became the GOP nominee for governor in NC.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

He's admitting he made a mistake and it was wrong. What's the story here?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

House Republican Says He’s Retiring So He Doesn’t Have to ‘Lie on Behalf’ of Trump and the GOP
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/house ... d-the-gop/
But really we’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say.