The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: The RNC

Post by In2ition »

This guy is a creep.
Russian Intern Applicant: Adam Kinzinger Dated Me, Asked For Photo ‘Without Underwear,’ Then I Got Intimidating Calls
by Patriot Editor March 16, 2021
Via National File.
https://conservativeplaylist.com/2021/0 ... ing-calls/

Republican Illinois Rep. Adam Kinzinger’s office offered an internship to a Russian immigrant beauty queen who met Kinzinger through her internship application. She then dated Kinzinger for about four months and sent Kinzinger racy photos at his request, according to extensive communications between the woman and a NATIONAL FILE source. The woman, Olga Kambod, provided sexually charged and volatile 2018 text messages between herself and a phone number that matches Kinzinger’s former phone number on publicly available records. Kambod also provided emails from Kinzinger’s congressional staff discussing internship duties.
Spoiler: show/hide
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Hearsay via a garbage newspaper must always be taken as gospel.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Idk if it's hearsay if they have plenty of evidence with texts and emails, but whatever.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

I don't really see anything wrong in the texts, the phone call stuff is hearsay.

Here's Olga's LinkedIn profile .. awfully blank for someone looking for high powered work and internships:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/olga-kambod-925991159/

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That is a little odd, no doubt.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Notice that now that Kinzinger voted to impeach Trump, he's an enemy and he's okay to go after. In2 rarely criticizes Republicans, but traitors against Trump are fair game.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I was trying to be an equal opportunity criticizer, haha. If a Rep does something that sucks, I will call them out too. Deal? Will you do the same?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:58 am
I was trying to be an equal opportunity criticizer, haha. If a Rep does something that sucks, I will call them out too. Deal? Will you do the same?
Plenty of us have been piling on Cuomo. I don't think it's a problem calling something that sucks something that sucks, regardless of the Democrat or Republican affiliation of the person doing something that sucks.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:12 pm
In2ition wrote:
Plenty of us have been piling on Cuomo. I don't think it's a problem calling something that sucks something that sucks, regardless of the Democrat or Republican affiliation of the person doing something that sucks.
You are right, you guys have been calling for Cuomo to resign.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:15 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
In2ition wrote:
And prosecuted if there is any evidence of a crime.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:49 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:15 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
In2ition wrote:
And prosecuted if there is any evidence of a crime.
True, kudos.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You can't do dumb illegal stuff, you will get caught eventually.

Former Florida Senator Arrested For Violating Election Laws
BY ISABEL VAN BRUGEN March 19, 2021 Updated: March 19, 2021
https://www.theepochtimes.com/former-fl ... 21-03-19-1

Former Republican senator in Florida, Frank Artiles, was charged Thursday with campaign finance violations related to last year’s Miami-Dade state senate race, authorities said.

Artiles, 47, who resigned in 2017 after making racially inflammatory remarks toward colleagues, was charged with three criminal counts involving a sham candidate intended to siphon votes away from a Democratic incumbent.

Spoiler: show/hide

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

How's this for a quote from ancient Rome - via a friends FB page. Those Romans knew a thing or two!

"Democracy destroys itself because it abuses its right to freedom and equality. Because it teaches its citizens to consider audacity as a right, lawlessness as a freedom, abrasive speech as equality, and anarchy as progress." Isocrates (436-338 BC)

Cap

Post by Cap »

3rdside wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:43 am
How's this for a quote from ancient Rome - via a friends FB page. Those Romans knew a thing or two!

"Democracy destroys itself because it abuses its right to freedom and equality. Because it teaches its citizens to consider audacity as a right, lawlessness as a freedom, abrasive speech as equality, and anarchy as progress." Isocrates (436-338 BC)
Misattributed, according to Wikiquote.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Second hand info, always a risk.

The misattribution in full (although it's not entirely dissimilar):

A falsified quote invented during the 2010 financial crisis. [1]

Isocrates' actual, more nuanced, quote runs as follows:

Those who directed the state in the time of Solon and Cleisthenes did not establish a polity which … trained the citizens in such fashion that they looked upon insolence as democracy, lawlessness as liberty, impudence of speech as equality, and licence to do what they pleased as happiness, but rather a polity which detested and punished such men and by so doing made all the citizens better and wiser.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I get my mother’s mail every day for her. Every day she gets a pile of Republican propaganda.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow. I hope she hasn't sent them a bunch of money! Or worse yet, that she's part of an ongoing giving campaign.

Poor trees. And that's only one person's propaganda.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Once you donate once, they badger you forever. You have to enter witness protection to get them to stop.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I know she has given them money and yes, it’s next to impossible to get off their list. We have been reading about ways to stop it. If it isn’t first class mail and you put “Return to sender” on it they just throw it away. My wife started writing stuff on then and putting return to sender on them before we figured out that was a waste of time. A lot of them come with self addressed envelopes so you can send them money. My wife wrote a little paragraph and copied it that said something to the effect “We are on Social Security and cannot afford to give money. Please take us off your mailing list” She figured insulting them wouldn’t get the desired results. So far it hasn’t slowed down the mountain of propaganda she gets every day. I think she lives for that mail. If she isn’t reading that she is reading FOX News web site.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Didn't know where to put this, but former GOP Senator and Presidential candidate Bob Dole passed away today at the age of 98.