The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: The RNC

Post by Superbone »

As most of us know, Trump is all about himself. Nobody, and I mean, nobody else.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump doesn’t have time for losers like Dole. He was badly injured in WWII. Real heros don’t get shot.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

I'm calling it right now .. China is economically tanking as we speak, Russia is already there - at next US election when it's Trump inspired chaos and anarchy, Russia is taking Ukraine, China is taking Taiwan and Iran is going nuclear on Israel.

WWIII is a real possibility, imo.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

C'mon man. I know what time it is in Australia right now. Don't ruin both of Friday morning coffee for the both of us. :wink:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Realists got to be real!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

3rdside wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:48 pm
I'm calling it right now .. China is economically tanking as we speak, Russia is already there - at next US election when it's Trump inspired chaos and anarchy, Russia is taking Ukraine, China is taking Taiwan and Iran is going nuclear on Israel.

WWIII is a real possibility, imo.
I don’t know anything about China tanking. I don’t get to follow their economy in America. I thought they were doing well. Russia has a serious chip on it’s shoulder about America. I agree China is poised to take Taiwan and spread it’s global super power wings. I also agree Putin wants the Ukraine and is poised to take it. I agree it will be chaos in the next election. I don’t agree Iran is going nuclear on Israel. It would mean certain a retaliatory strike from Israel and maybe the US. I think Israel is going to attack them first by bombing the crap out of their nuke facilities. Too bad the nuclear agreement that Iran, US, China, Russia, UK, France, Germany and the EU signed got ripped up by Trump.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Great article on the rise of Republican fascism in America.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... egal-phase

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The fascism in the US is coming from the Left and the Democrats.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Fascism
Fascism is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and the economy that rose to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

The Dems aren’t the ones refusing to abide by election results. The Dems aren’t the ones assaulting the Capital in an attempted Coup to subvert the results of the election. The Dems aren’t the ones putting in place people can in key places willing to overturn the next election results after the previous people refused. Yes, no matter who wins the next presidential election, Republicans at the local level are poised to declare and certify Trump the winner no matter what.

That’s as evil as it gets.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The idea that a bunch of wimpy geriatric centrist Democrats are somehow fascist is as laughable as it gets.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That's exactly what the Dems did. Do you not remember Rep Raskin saying that he wasn't going to accept the results in 2016? How about Stacy Abrahams and Hillary Clinton still saying that the election was stole from them? Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the middle of the night in all the swing states at the same exact time? Had to have been the fascists, right?

Don't forget fascist. Like when they:
1. suppress information in collaboration of the government and corporations
2. arrest journalists
3. censor dissent
4. coerce and force employees to take an experimental injection
5. arrest and hold political opponents in custody without charging them
6. collaborating with corporations to do their bidding and take away their first amendments rights
7. burning books...err deleting books off of Amazon.
8. creating segregation between the clean(vaccinated) and the unclean(vaccinated)
9. closing churches, but keeping open strip clubs.
10. Threatening and trying their best to take away your 2nd amendment
11. Support and encourage eugenics
12. Curfews implemented
13. Purge perceived political descension in the military
14. Directing the DOJ and FBI to investigate parents at school board meetings.
15. Under direction of corporations, create mandates for experimental therapies.
16. weaponize the IRS, USPS, and OSHA.
17. wanting to impose domestic travel restrictions on US citizens.
18. Impose laws to punish those who question election results.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hillary conceded to Trump the next day. Trump still hasn’t conceded to Biden a year later.

“Donald Trump is going to be our president,” she said, speaking at the New Yorker hotel in Manhattan. “We owe him an open mind and a chance to lead.”

I’m not going to even bother with the rest of that crap.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Marjorie Taylor Greene was permanently banned from Twitter today (her personal account). Twitter says it was for repeatedly sharing misinformation about COVID and vaccines, but she has also repeatedly called for violence against her political opponents and other offenses, so who knows.

In2ition

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by In2ition »

Idk what to think about MTG. I admit she seems off. What exactly did she say that "called for violence againsther political opponents"?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

She called for and supports a civil war.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Can you give me some quotes, vid or sources? I honestly haven't seen anything, but I don't follow what craziness she says either.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:25 pm
Can you give me some quotes, vid or sources? I honestly haven't seen anything, but I don't follow what craziness she says either.
Nah, I saw it once. I don’t need to see it again.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:

I would suggest a little from all over, even CNN, Bloomberg, MSNBC, NYT, TYT, & WaPo, ect.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:30 pm
In2ition wrote:

I would suggest a little from all over, even CNN, Bloomberg, MSNBC, NYT, TYT, & WaPo, ect.
Haha, funny guy.