The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Mori Chu »

A good read.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:30 pm
A good read.

A good read? Yikes
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Re: The GOP / RN

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:41 am
Nodack wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:32 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:21 am
You don't have to ignore it. I'm just calling it out for what it appears to be. A silly hit piece meant to distract you from looking at other more relevant news.
FOX News right now. I was just about to take a picture and they changed it and changed some stories in the headlines like the one mentioning people comparing Obama to monkeys. A hard hitting piece.

The top story headline is a picture of Biden with a caption “WILL IT BE WAR?” talking about war with China. Under it is a headline opinion piece saying Biden is about to make a huge blunder with China implying he is going to start a war with China. Right next to it an opinion piece saying Biden is being too soft of China. A BLM hit piece and another BLM hit piece under it. An anti transgender story. A story about the Bishop refusing to give communion to Pelosi abortion piece. Those are the top stories at FOX News right now.
I was speaking of a particular story, iirc. I'm certainly not giving Fox News a pass, they do this often in stories and should be called out for it too. In fact, I thought Fox News wasn't a legitimate news source here, so it isn't accepted as evidence on this forum. Is this your way of justifying the story, by using whataboutism?
It’s my way of saying the vast majority of Republicans watch FOX as their “News” source and the vast majority of their news preaches Dems are bad. Blacks are bad. LGBT people are bad. Hispanics are bad. Biden is trying to start a war. Silly hit pieces meant to distract you.

In2ition

Re: The GOP / RN

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:15 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:41 am
Nodack wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:32 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:21 am
You don't have to ignore it. I'm just calling it out for what it appears to be. A silly hit piece meant to distract you from looking at other more relevant news.
FOX News right now. I was just about to take a picture and they changed it and changed some stories in the headlines like the one mentioning people comparing Obama to monkeys. A hard hitting piece.

The top story headline is a picture of Biden with a caption “WILL IT BE WAR?” talking about war with China. Under it is a headline opinion piece saying Biden is about to make a huge blunder with China implying he is going to start a war with China. Right next to it an opinion piece saying Biden is being too soft of China. A BLM hit piece and another BLM hit piece under it. An anti transgender story. A story about the Bishop refusing to give communion to Pelosi abortion piece. Those are the top stories at FOX News right now.
I was speaking of a particular story, iirc. I'm certainly not giving Fox News a pass, they do this often in stories and should be called out for it too. In fact, I thought Fox News wasn't a legitimate news source here, so it isn't accepted as evidence on this forum. Is this your way of justifying the story, by using whataboutism?
It’s my way of saying the vast majority of Republicans watch FOX as their “News” source and the vast majority of their news preaches Dems are bad. Blacks are bad. LGBT people are bad. Hispanics are bad. Biden is trying to start a war. Silly hit pieces meant to distract you.
I realize that your interactions with Reps might be limited to your mom & dad, brother and a few others, but it seems odd to me to lump a "vast majority of Republicans" into this. Personally, I think all that is complete garbage mischaracterization, which is growing sentiment of the Dems I hear from. That seems quite dangerous and kind of evil to demonize all Dems in that way, and it goes exactly the same to try to paint all or vast majority of Reps in a similar tone.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I said the vast majority of Republicans watch FOX News as their news source. Are you saying a majority of Republicans don’t watch FOX News as their news source?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:41 pm
I said the vast majority of Republicans watch FOX News as their news source. Are you saying a majority of Republicans don’t watch FOX News as their news source?
Yes, I honestly believe that most have abandoned Fox News as their main news source. I believe that I have far more interactions with a much larger amount of Reps than you do, so that's my anecdotal experience from talking to them.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:41 pm
There is actual evidence and data that is tracked all the time. Even if Fox News has taken a dip in ratings, it still covers a huge swath of the GOP members in this country. More so that any other "news" source.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Republicans are racist.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Madison Cawthorn under investigation.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:05 pm
Madison Cawthorn under investigation.

Don't call out our Coke filled Orgies. We have 7 ways to Sunday at getting back at you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Why is the GOP CPAC being held in Hungary?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:58 pm
You know.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:21 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:58 pm
You know.
Because Belarus and Russia are too busy?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Republicans are corrupt.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yes, there are corrupt Republicans. Unfortunately, it's not something that is exclusive to them.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Anaheim mayor resigns amid corruption probe into his role in Angel Stadium land sale
BY NATHAN FENNO, SEEMA MEHTA, ADAM ELMAHREK, GABRIEL SAN ROMÁN
MAY 23, 2022 UPDATED 8:18 PM PT
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... -land-sale

Two prominent Orange County political leaders resigned within 24 hours of each other amid fallout from a sprawling federal public corruption investigation linked to the proposed sale of Angel Stadium and allegations that a secretive “cabal” controlled Anaheim’s politics.

Anaheim Mayor Harry Sidhu announced Monday that he was stepping down after being accused of bribery, fraud, obstruction of justice and witness tampering in an affidavit supporting a search warrant application earlier this month.

The announcement in a two-paragraph statement from his attorney came after another prominent figure caught up in the probe, Melahat Rafiei, announced she was stepping down as a member of the Democratic National Committee and state party secretary.

Sidhu’s attorney, Paul Meyer, wrote in the statement that his client denied wrongdoing and decided to resign “to continue to act in the best interests of Anaheim and allow this great City to move forward without distraction.”

The resignation followed the demand by the City Council’s six other members that Sidhu, a Republican elected in November 2018, step down.

“What Harry Sidhu has done is reflective of a much deeper systemic problem of political corruption and malfeasance in our city due to the undue influence of money and high-priced lobbyists,” Councilman Jose Moreno said. “Our next step is to determine how do we make decisions and who should make decisions that the public can trust.”
Spoiler: show/hide

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Meanwhile, there are primaries going on in several states today. Looks like Trump-endorsed GA candidate Perdue has been absolutely demolished.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wow. How often can you call a race with only 9% reporting?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »