The GOP / RNC

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: The GOP / RNC

Post by Nodack »

Michigan attorney charged in tabulator tampering case arrested Monday on bench warrant
https://michiganadvance.com/2024/03/19/ ... h-warrant/
A Michigan lawyer who had flouted a judge’s order in an ongoing tabulator tampering case has been taken into custody.

The Detroit News reports that following a federal court hearing Monday afternoon in Byrne’s case, Lambert Junttila was taken into custody and was being held as a fugitive from justice pending her return to Michigan.

The to Monday hearing in the Byrne case that had brought Lambert Junttila to Washington, D.C., was scheduled by a federal magistrate after Lambert Junttila admitted to violating a court order by releasing confidential communications from Dominion Voting Systems to Barry County Sheriff Dar Leaf, who had been under investigation in the tabulator case but was ultimately not charged due to a lack of sufficient evidence.

Starting Sunday, an account on the X social media platform bearing Leaf’s name, @SheriffLeaf, and picture, began uploading thousands of emails from Dominion employees marked “confidential.” Dominion is suing Byrne for defamation due to his repeatedly disproven claims that the company’s voting systems were used to “rig” the 2020 election against former Trump.

Lambert Junttila was one of three individuals indicted as part of a probe into alleged tampering with voting tabulators in Michigan, following the 2020 election in which President Joe Biden defeated former President Donald Trump. Former GOP attorney general nominee Matthew DePerno and former state Rep. Daire Rendon (R-Lake City) were also indicted in the case.

In its filings, Dominion says its employees continue to face death threats, including a man armed with a rifle who came to their offices, because of the false accusations by Byrne, Lambert Junttila and others.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The warrant was on a misdemeanor (one she’ll clean up in her next appearance in Michigan). Under MI law there aren't arrest warrants on misdemeanors. So, having the US Marshals arrest her in DC is very odd.

The emails that she gave to Sheriff Leaf, showed evidence of a crime, which she says she was compelled to report. Sheriff Leaf was then compelled to report it to Congress in his letter to Jim Jordan.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

She refused to show up. That’s why she was arrested. The only crime is Republicans refusing to abide by elections.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 pm
She refused to show up. That’s why she was arrested. The only crime is Republicans refusing to abide by elections.
Are you saying that she refused to show up, so it changed from a misdemeanor to a felony? And a bench warrant doesn't require the US Marshals in another area of the country. Normally, in most states that I can tell, they aren't looking for you, but if you get pulled over for a different infraction in that state, they will take you into custody.

So, if Trump is elected in the next election, are you concerned that Democrats are already calling for not certifying the election?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:21 pm
So, if Trump is elected in the next election, are you concerned that Democrats are already calling for not certifying the election?
There is a Constitutional process for Congress refusing to certify an election in the event of an ineligible candidate winning the majority of the electoral votes. Hint: it doesn’t involve threatening your VP to unilaterally throw out certain states’ electoral votes because you don’t like the outcome.

And it would not be partisan (i.e., Biden staying in office). It would involve Trump’s VP as acting President.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Who do you think is going to be the VP pick? No one votes for the VP.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:21 pm
Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 pm
Are you saying that she refused to show up, so it changed from a misdemeanor to a felony? And a bench warrant doesn't require the US Marshals in another area of the country. Normally, in most states that I can tell, they aren't looking for you, but if you get pulled over for a different infraction in that state, they will take you into custody.

I haven’t heard a single Democrat say that. I have heard Republicans say they won’t certify the election if Biden wins many times. In the last election they tried REALLY REALLY hard to subvert the will of the people and claim everything is fake.

I have been enjoying Racheal Maddow’s podcasts. She goes into great detail all the other times Republicans tried to kill Democracy in the past. Many Republicans were on Hitlers payroll including several US Senators before and during WWII. They wanted fascism here. All the things many Republicans were doing before and during WWII are happening now with Russia. I wouldn’t doubt for a second that many US senators today are on Putin’s payroll.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

See Jim Jordan's reaction when a Democrat dares the GOP to impeach Biden

Rep. Jared Moskowitz (D-FL) challenged Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) and Rep. James Comer (R-TN) to move to impeach President Joe Biden. Both Jordan and Comer declined and said they still needed more time to investigate.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What's to stop them from impeaching him without evidence?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Evidence isn't the problem. They have plenty of evidence. Moskowitz is the one playing for the crowd in his mocking calling for the impeachment. The Dems keep shouting, "There is no evidence. There is zero evidence!" over and over and over again, believing that if they say it loudly enough and often enough, people will be stupid enough to believe them. They are probably right on a certain level. There are a lot of stupid people out there.

I don't think that the Reps are ready to do it, as they want to make sure they have an open and shut case and for it not to be just a partisan show. If it was up to me, I wouldn't even do it until after the DNC convention or even after the election. There is a possibility that it somehow makes it look like the big bad Reps are just picking on the feeble old man.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think either side cares about evidence

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:32 pm
Evidence isn't the problem. They have plenty of evidence. Moskowitz is the one playing for the crowd in his mocking calling for the impeachment. The Dems keep shouting, "There is no evidence. There is zero evidence!" over and over and over again, believing that if they say it loudly enough and often enough, people will be stupid enough to believe them. They are probably right on a certain level. There are a lot of stupid people out there.

I don't think that the Reps are ready to do it, as they want to make sure they have an open and shut case and for it not to be just a partisan show. If it was up to me, I wouldn't even do it until after the DNC convention or even after the election. There is a possibility that it somehow makes it look like the big bad Reps are just picking on the feeble old man.
I don't believe any of that.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The GOP loves a good conspiracy theory.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:43 pm
I disagree. Dems showed mountains of evidence against Trump and they seemed to care a great deal. Especially all the witnesses that testified who were Republicans who worked for Trump.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:19 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:43 pm
I disagree. Dems showed mountains of evidence against Trump and they seemed to care a great deal. Especially all the witnesses that testified who were Republicans who worked for Trump.
My point is they will all just vote party line…every democrat voted Trump guilty…nearly every republican voted him not guilty. A Biden vote would go very similar, just with the votes flipped.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yes, they can vote to impeach him for wearing the wrong color tie if they want.

Here are the charges. They sound like the charges against Trump . What a shocker.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... 21%2D2022)

The article states that, by such conduct, President Biden

endangered the security of the United States and its institutions of government;
threatened the integrity of the democratic system;
interfered with the peaceful transition of power;
imperiled a coordinate branch of government; and
demonstrated that he will remain a threat to national security, democracy, and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office.
The article also states that this conduct warrants immediate impeachment, trial, and removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.

I say go for it. What are you waiting for?

https://apnews.com/article/biden-impeac ... 530f56d70f#
Having produced with no hard evidence of presidential wrongdoing it’s clear the lengthy GOP impeachment inquiry is all but coming to a close. Seeking testimony from the president is a possible final act. Rather than drawing up articles of impeachment against Biden, Comer is eyeing potential criminal referrals of the family to the Justice Department, a largely symbolic move.

In launching their Biden impeachment inquiry last year, the House Republicans relied in large part on unverified claims from an FBI informant released by Senate Republicans suggesting Burisma-related payments totaling $10 million to the Bidens were discussed. The now former FBI informant, Alexander Smirnov, was arrested last month and pleaded not guilty to charges that he fabricated the bribery allegations.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., asked the Republicans why kept pursuing impeachment knowing the $10 million claim is false and she demanded to know what crime or crimes they allege Biden, as president, has committed to warrant impeachment.

“Impeachment 101,” she said. “I’m hearing about Biden’s family. I’m hearing about this and that. I am not hearing the specific allegation.”

One Democrat, Rep. Jared Moskowitz of Florida, all but dared Republicans to start impeachment proceedings, making the motion himself. It went nowhere.

“They’re never going to impeach Joe Biden,” Moskowitz declared. “It’s all a sham.”

Do you guys remember the Benghazi investigation? Do you remember the second Benghazi investigation? Do you remember the third Benghazi investigation? Do you remember the fourth Benghazi investigation? Do you remember the fifth Benghazi investigation? No? How about the sixth Benghazi investigation? How about the seventh Benghazi investigation? Certainly you remember the eighth and Benghazi investigation? There were nine Benghazi investigations by the Republicans trying to hurt Clinton. Trump promised to put her in jail for having a private e-mail server since all the effort in trying to blame her for the deaths in Benghazi failed. Of course Condeliza Rice had a private e-mail server and Colen Powel had a private e-mail server while serving as Sec of State. Republicans didn’t seem to care about that for some strange reason.

I wonder if Republicans are just going to milk this investigation all the way to the election or just start another one like Benghazi every month or so to see if they can beat their previous record of nine.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

GOP Rep Mike Gallagher announced his resignation in April. This reduces the GOP House majority to 1 vote.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It's happening again: Greene moves to force vote on ousting speaker
https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2 ... n-00148543
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) has filed a motion to oust Speaker Mike Johnson.
“This is a betrayal of the American people. This is a betrayal of Republican voters,” Greene said after the funding package passed. “The clock has started. It’s time for our conference to pick a new speaker.”

They should make Greene the speaker. That would be entertaining.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ugh

TOO

Post by TOO »

GOP just cannibalizing itself, weird stuff man.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.