Sports and Politics/Social Change

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Sports and Politics/Social Change

Post by Indy »

:lol:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I forgive Doc. Greg Anthony though...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, greg anthony is a punk.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

'BIGGEST FEAR' Harry and Meghan Oprah interview: Prince hints he left UK as he feared Duchess would suffer same fate as Diana
https://www.the-sun.com/news/2425685/pr ... interview/

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

MAGA

4 Black soldiers harassed by IHOP patron
https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/ ... op-patron/
When four Black soldiers from Fort Belvoir, Virginia, went to lunch at an off-post IHOP April 19, they were expecting to have a quiet meal and some conversation before returning to work. It didn’t quite work out that way.

An unidentified white woman offered cash to pay for their meals, but returned shortly after to take the money back. She then began harassing them, as well as other patrons and restaurant workers.
One of the soldiers, all of whom remain unnamed, filmed the incident and uploaded it to TikTok, and Fort Belvoir officials are now investigating.

“She offered to pay for their meal, which is not uncommon when people meet military personnel, it’s a gesture as a way to thank them for their service,” said Joe Richard, director of public affairs for Fort Belvoir, in a statement to Military Times. “She placed $30 on their table.”

Moments later, however, she took $24 back, leaving just $6 on the table as she exited, Richard noted. Shortly thereafter, she returned to the restaurant and began harassing the four of them, claiming that they had stolen her money.
“You guys are … shitbags,” she said.

The woman then sat down in the booth, blocking one of the soldiers from moving.
“She became antagonistic, claiming the soldiers had taken her money and directed racially charged language at the soldiers,” Richard said.

They politely asked her to please leave, but she refused. The soldier stuck in the booth climbed over it to extricate himself.
“Are you the thin blue line, are you BLM, are you antifa?” the woman yelled as they gathered their leftovers.
An unnamed patron, purported to be an Air Force veteran in the TikTok video, attempted to intervene, asking the woman to leave. She then confronted him, spewing obscenities.

“Is this your restaurant? she said. “Motherfucker, I will fucking drop you. You wanna go? You wanna go?”

The four soldiers left the IHOP quietly, returned to Fort Belvoir and reported the incident to their chain of command and the garrison.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Seems quite aggressive, unhinged and totally nuts. I hope they find that looney.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

'Full Of Hatred And Fear': Disinformation On YouTube Divided A Dad And Daughter

Ekwoge's dad is one of billions of people who visit YouTube every month. YouTube, with its massive reach, has a history of being unable to keep disinformation off of its site. That disinformation distorts reality, and it changes how some people see the world. Then it changes them — and their relationships.

"It's like an 'Invasion Of The Body Snatchers.' This person looks like my dad, but all of a sudden where this loving, kind person was there's this snarky, dismissive, mean person that refuses to let anyone engage in dialogue," she says.

In the months since they've last talked, Renee Ekwoge has turned to a forum on Reddit where people share stories about loved ones lost to conspiratorial thinking.

"All the time growing up, my story was extremely unique. I had no friends whose parents were conspiracy theorists," Ekwoge says. "And now it's just everyone has the same story. And it's heartbreaking because you just think [of] all these people that were these doting grandparents and doting parents and kind and wonderful people, now all they can do is send you these videos that are just full of hatred and fear and ugliness."

Ekwoge is grieving the path her relationship with her father has taken, but she's not sure when or if she'll speak to him again. She hopes that sharing her story will keep others from losing relationships with loved ones.

She appealed to her father directly: "We all miss you."