VOTE!

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: VOTE!

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:13 pm
Federal judge orders USPS to rush delivery of mail ballots as deadlines near
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... ballots-as
A federal judge in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday ordered the U.S. Postal Service to sweep facilities for remaining mail ballots and rush their delivery, as receipt deadlines close in.

U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan, who has presided over several lawsuits aimed at Postal Service election mail delays, gave the Postal Service until 3 p.m. to "ensure that no ballots have been held up" in regions that have been slow to process mail ballots.

The order applies to areas within the battleground states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia, Texas, Florida and Arizona.
I'm reading that the USPS has announced that they refuse to obey this order. Great.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump’s Hollywood Walk of Fame Star Boarded Up on Election Day
https://variety.com/2020/politics/news/ ... 234822470/

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

USPS disregards court order to conduct ballot sweeps in 12 postal districts after more than 300,000 ballots cannot be traced
https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/a ... 698330.php

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mysterious Blue Dots Spray-Painted in Front of Homes of Biden Supporters in California
https://www.newsweek.com/california-blu ... le-1544292
Police said they are investigating after a number of dots were spray-painted on the roads in front the Roseville houses of people backing the democratic presidential ticket just days before the election.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

That was the most intense period of my politics observant life - even more than the Brexit trials last year; 5 days of hard Twitter overuse done and dusted.

But way to go USA and what a result for the world:

EU stability remains as a hard brexit is now off the table, WWII allies back to being just that, Paris Climate Accord back on track / Trump’s environmental abuse put to an end, populism at an end for now .. And most importantly my headspace that Trump has taken over for 4 years can now be reclaimed.

So yeah fuck that guy and fuck yeah America.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yes, looking forward to seeing and hearing less of Trump. I think they should have preferences at News sites where you can choose to never see any articles with Trumps name in them. I just want him to disappear.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's really cool that the whole world is rejoicing.
"Be Legendary."

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:48 pm
It's really cool that the whole world is rejoicing.
Most of normal Australia is rejoicing but there's an uncomfortable influence of Murdoch press over here - Fox News and Sky News are so badly up Trump's ass I've just stepped outside in Sydney to see a Trump 2020 skywriter sign in the sky .. A number of people I've spoken to over here talk about Trump not being that bad, the corrupt Clinton's and a dude in the gym last week was talking about how bad the Obama crime family will be supporting Biden.

We're all just products of whatever media we see it seems.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

On that note, one of our former prime minister's - Kevin Rudd - launched a petition, the third largest in history, to look into media diversity .. see what happens next but suspect not much as the Liberal govt is fully backed by Murdoch and Trump's divide and conquer approach has been gladly adopted by it I fear.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-09/ ... t/12863982

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

My friends in Australia called me to rejoice at Biden winning.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

My guess is it’s mainly a generational thing - the boomers, who hold most the wealth here like most western countries, are generally pretty racist dating back to aboriginal days, the “Asian invasion”, now the “Muslim threat” and Australia has taken on a lot of immigrants of late to fuel its economic growth.

They’re also wary of some previous labour governments who did the usual over spending / put too many handbrakes on free enterprise (around labour laws from what I can tell but don’t quote me here).

So they’re primed for Murdoch’s influence.

The younger generation are conscious thankfully but not ideal as there’s plenty of inter generational friction.