VOTE!

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

VOTE!

Post by Superbone »

I hope everybody who can votes! I just filled in my ballot. Putting it in the mail tomorrow. Tracking it via the internet.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Re: VOTE!

Post by Nodack »

Waiting for mine in the mail.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm still waiting for my absentee ballot.

Even though Washington County, Oregon, where I'm registered, had nearly double the amount of votes for Clinton over Trump in 2016, I don't fucking care. Americans need to prove a point and get that jackass out of the White House.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I voted yesterday. Now I just have to hope the ballot gets there.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:26 am
I voted yesterday. Now I just have to hope the ballot gets there.
Yes, I'm already a little bothered that my elections office hasn't received mine yet:

Ballot Outbound
10/04/2020
Your ballot has been mailed! Your ballot is at the Post Office and is making its way to you. Look for your ballot in your mailbox soon!

Ballot Inbound
10/07/2020
Your ballot is on the way to your county elections office! The Postal Service has indicated to us that they have your ballot, and it is being returned to your county elections office.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

No response to Play for the Vote? I thought you guys might be up for that. I would if I had the talent.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I thought about it. I don’t really want to be anywhere near a polling place on election day. I’ll be in my bunker awaiting the Apocalypse.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:30 pm
No response to Play for the Vote? I thought you guys might be up for that. I would if I had the talent.
Yeah, it's cool. I'm thinking about looking into it.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This is a message from San Diego Registrar of Voters. Your ballot for the 2020 General Election was received and will be counted. Thank you for voting!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Awesome! Five days isn’t too bad.

Edit: Election: 11/3/2020 - GENERAL ELECTION
10/12/2020 Your ballot was signature verified and counted.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Not bad at all!
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://news.yahoo.com/im-worried-every ... 3873.htmlE
'I'm worried about everything': Fearing their votes won't count, Arizonans rush to cast ballots early

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

My understanding is that the country has already set record numbers for early voting. One thing to watch out for is bogus unofficial ballot drop boxes that say they are official. They have already found some in California.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:26 pm
My understanding is that the country has already set record numbers for early voting. One thing to watch out for is bogus unofficial ballot drop boxes that say they are official. They have already found some in California.
Check the local government’s website before dropping off a ballot. Only go to sites listed there. Here’s the site for Maricopa County: https://recorder.maricopa.gov/pollingplace/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:17 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:26 pm
Check the local government’s website before dropping off a ballot. Only go to sites listed there. Here’s the site for Maricopa County: https://recorder.maricopa.gov/pollingplace/
Thumbs up. Not surprisingly, all the fake ballot boxes here were put out by a Republican group.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:45 pm
Thumbs up. Not surprisingly, all the fake ballot boxes here were put out by a Republican group.
And, shockingly, the President who constantly rails on "voter fraud" doesn't say a word about it. Hmm, odd!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:09 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:45 pm
And, shockingly, the President who constantly rails on "voter fraud" doesn't say a word about it. Hmm, odd!
Yep, the only fraud is being done in his favor basically at his direction.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Republicans are claiming that what their fake boxes are legal.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I voted in person today. It took less than 10 minutes and was pretty easy. I already had done the research on all the judges and brought a cheat-sheet with me.

There were two people in the parking lot standing next to a truck plastered with trump stickers, flags, and quite a few rifle silhouettes. They had t-shirts on that said "Election Security" and were standing right next to the "75 feet from entrance" cones.