Countdown to Election Day

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Countdown to Election Day

Post by Mori Chu »

Eight days left!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SEVEN days left! One week!

Image Image

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Trump literally checks off all of those sins. The irony.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Apparently in order to make America great again you have to sin a lot.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SIX days left!

jonh

Post by jonh »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:40 am
SEVEN days left! One week!

We didn't want to include a KJ picture for day 7?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

jonh wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:01 pm
Thought about it, but I have been trying to mostly use non-Suns images when I can find a good one for the given number, since this isn't strictly a Suns-related event. But I'll go back and add it to please all comers. :-)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I look forward to this thread in 2024. ;)
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:58 pm
jonh wrote:
Thought about it, but I have been trying to mostly use non-Suns images when I can find a good one for the given number, since this isn't strictly a Suns-related event. But I'll go back and add it to please all comers. :-)
You also missed the opportunity for a Star Trek image. And a Prisoner image the next day.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:08 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:58 pm
jonh wrote:
You also missed the opportunity for a Star Trek image. And a Prisoner image the next day.
I am NOT a number! I'm a free man!

That was such an awesome series. Star Trek wasn't too bad either. ;)
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cap wrote:
I never really liked Voyager. And I especially took issue with Seven of Nine, who I felt was put on the show simply because of her body. It isn't like Star Trek to cast a character simply to be eye candy. But then they did it again with T'Pol on Enterprise. Oh well.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:58 pm
Cap wrote:
I never really liked Voyager. And I especially took issue with Seven of Nine, who I felt was put on the show simply because of her body. It isn't like Star Trek to cast a character simply to be eye candy. But then they did it again with T'Pol on Enterprise. Oh well.
And now Tilly on Discovery. ;) She’s got a great personality though. :)
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Cap wrote:
Why do you think they cast people like Yeoman Rand (and had Kirk talk about how he wanted her), Troi (and dressed her the way they did), and Kira?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:02 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Cap wrote:
Why do you think they cast people like Yeoman Rand (and had Kirk talk about how he wanted her), Troi (and dressed her the way they did), and Kira?
Don’t forget Moogie. She was hot. And such a shameless exhibitionist, going around wearing clothes all the time. I couldn’t believe they put it on TV.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:02 pm
I didn't watch much of old classic Trek, so I can't say much about Rand. I know that show suffered from occasional "Kirk gets the green-skinned babes" -itis. I chalked some of it up to the time it aired in, the late '60s.

I thought Next Gen was extremely well behaved in this regard; the show was almost completely chaste and classy other than a few silly episodes like Season 1's "The Naked Now," which was a preposterous romp of debauchery. I don't think Troi was as bad as those others like Seven of Nine and T'Pol. She was an attractive woman, and they let her wear some uniforms that showed off her physique, but she always behaved professionally and wasn't generally treated like a sex object. There was one episode where she and Crusher were doing yoga stretches that was pretty gratuitous, but that's about it.

Major Kira? She's a pretty lady, but she's treated completely seriously and not at all an object. She acts like a smart and tough-as-nails commander, and she wears professional clothing, and she's treated with respect. I don't think her character can be questioned at all.

But Seven of Nine, come on. She's there because she's a blonde with huge boobs. That's the start and end of it. I don't think Troi compares at all.

I actually think the actress, Jeri Ryan, acquits herself pretty well in the Picard series as a slightly older Seven. But that doesn't erase her original stint on Voyager.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Also: (high) FIVE days left!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:16 pm
But Seven of Nine, come on. She's there because she's a blonde with huge boobs. That's the start and end of it. I don't think Troi compares at all.

I actually think the actress, Jeri Ryan, acquits herself pretty well in the Picard series as a slightly older Seven. But that doesn't erase her original stint on Voyager.
She just made her first appearance for me last night on Picard. I think you're prejudices are pretty obvious about big boobed blondes. I have no such prejudices!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'll work on it.

Also: FOUR days to go! (LOL, remember when superhero movies were really bad?!)

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:07 am
(LOL, remember when superhero movies were really bad?!)

Some of them still are.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

THREE days left!!!