2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:49 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:35 pm
Do you mean a Never Trumper Charlie Sykes? Is The Bulwark an actual reputable site? Seems fishy
If they had the Fight Club guy post the article, or @MAGA_FU_TrumpWon_911 posted it, would that be more persuasive?
Lol, I don't care where you get the articles from. I was just giving you a hard time, since that has been incredibly important to you in the past. I did get a laugh out of that Twitter handle though. Laughs have been hard to come by lately, so thanks.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

I used to trust the Lincoln Project until they fell apart after the John Weaver scandal. Big blow to hopes of keeping small-d democrats unified around the key issues. The Bulwark I trust. Scares me to see them talked about like Oann.

Indy

Post by Indy »

virtual9mm wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:04 pm
I used to trust the Lincoln Project until they fell apart after the John Weaver scandal. Big blow to hopes of keeping small-d democrats unified around the key issues. The Bulwark I trust. Scares me to see them talked about like Oann.
You can't find any articles out there with scandals about Kristol or Sykes. I don't agree with their opinions on a lot of things, but they aren't known as liars.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

No. And I think that the only coalition that can save the US will be between small-d democrats of both parties. We need to see something crazy like a Biden-Cheney ticket.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Republicans hate Cheney now don’t they? They don’t even like her father, Bush or Romney anymore. It’s a new party now untethered to the old guard. Do you think they would vote for a Biden Cheney ticket? Maybe that would attract some moderates from both party’s and some independents. I don’t know. I can’t see that happening anyway.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m very happy Biden beat Trump, but I’m hoping this is a 1-term presidency for him. And by that I don’t mean I hope the Republican candidate wins…I just hope we get better candidates all around…I don’t know who those people are but I do not want another Biden-Trump election

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:14 pm
I’m very happy Biden beat Trump, but I’m hoping this is a 1-term presidency for him. And by that I don’t mean I hope the Republican candidate wins…I just hope we get better candidates all around…I don’t know who those people are but I do not want another Biden-Trump election
We had very good candidates on the left, and took the worst or 2nd to worst one. Because if people in this country love one thing, it is mediocre old white men, regardless of party.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:32 pm
Split T wrote:
We had very good candidates on the left, and took the worst or 2nd to worst one. Because if people in this country love one thing, it is mediocre old white men, regardless of party.
Ya that was frustrating. There were a few in the primaries I felt good about

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:32 pm
Split T wrote:
Hillary wasn't an old white man, and Biden did have Kamala on the ticket. I'm pretty sure that the Dems promised Biden, and screwed over Sanders again. Who is your best options for the ticket in 2024?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

so now the election conspiracies spread to caucuses and primary voting...

And Sanders isn't even a democrat. He actively chooses not to be a democrat. Why would democrats vote for him?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I thought it was common knowledge and not a conspiracy that the DNC screwed over Sanders in the primaries for Hillary?

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:08 pm
I thought it was common knowledge and not a conspiracy that the DNC screwed over Sanders in the primaries for Hillary?
The DNC has been screwing over their rank and file voters for years when they introduced superdelegates starting in the 1984 elections.

Much like Tim Donaghy reffing, it doesn't take much influence to get the results you want.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShadowHawke wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:53 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:08 pm
The DNC has been screwing over their rank and file voters for years when they introduced superdelegates starting in the 1984 elections.

Much like Tim Donaghy reffing, it doesn't take much influence to get the results you want.
he said "screwed over Sanders *again*"

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

This is great: https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/19/politics ... index.html
"Many politicians are writing a false narrative about what happened," said District Judge Thomas Hogan, an appointee of former President Ronald Reagan. "I think they are misleading people ... I am terribly afraid that people are going to follow that false narrative."

[...] Wiedrich was sentenced to three years of probation so that he would be supervised through the 2024 presidential election "to make sure that you do not fall victim to false gods again."
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They have found out who was behind the slew of fake Republican electors and their fake documents sent to Washington pretending to be the real electors. Surprise, it was Rudy Giuliani. We all know who his boss is. The plan was for Pence on January 6th to say those were the real electors and declare Trump President based on those fake documents. Pence refused to go along with the scheme and Trumps plan failed.

Isn’t that illegal?

Trump campaign officials, led by Rudy Giuliani, oversaw fake electors plot in 7 states
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/20/politics ... index.html

Trump campaign officials, including Giuliani, oversaw 2020 fake electors' plan -CNN
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- ... 022-01-20/

Rudy Giuliani reportedly the ringleader of fake Trump elector scheme
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... vi-AASZMaY

Rudy Giuliani led Trump campaign officials in plot to install 'alternate' electors from seven states Biden won, new report claims
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ctors.html

OAN Anchor Assisted Rudy Giuliani on Trump Fake Elector Stunt
https://www.thedailybeast.com/oan-host- ... ctor-stunt

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Spoiler: show/hide
Texas man faces federal charges for allegedly threatening Georgia election officials
https://www.npr.org/2022/01/21/10747645 ... tion-offic
According to the indictment, Stark, 54, allegedly posted a message on Craigslist on Jan. 5, 2021, with the title "Georgia Patriots it's time to kill [Official A] the Chinese agent - $10,000."

In the message, the text of which is included in the indictment, Stark says it's time to take back Georgia from what he calls "Lawless treasonous traitors."

Stark also writes it's time to "put a bullet in the treasonous Chinese [Official A]. Then we work our way down to [Official B] the local and federal corrupt judges."

Stark goes on to say, according to the indictment, that "we need to pay a visit to [Official C] and her family as well and put a bullet her behind the ears."

'Someone's Going To Get Killed': Ga. Official Blasts GOP Silence On Election Threats
https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-tran ... on-threats
A top election official in Georgia had strong words for President Trump and other top Republican leaders who have attacked Georgia's election system in recent weeks after reports of harassment and death threats against officials overseeing the state's recount.

"Someone's going to get hurt, someone's going to get shot, someone's going to get killed," Gabriel Sterling, with the secretary of state's office, said Tuesday afternoon in an emotional and forceful news conference. "It's not right."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Isn't it about time to start arresting these guys?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:12 pm
Isn't it about time to start arresting these guys?
Texas man faces federal charges for allegedly threatening Georgia election officials

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have been hearing from the right that everyone hates Biden on the left now. All the news is bad for Biden. Omicron, inflation, Russia, supply shortages, BBB stopped by two of his own. Too old and senile. Surely he is done politically.

Biden leading Trump, DeSantis by similar margins in new poll
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... n-new-poll
The survey, conducted by Marquette Law School, found that 43 percent of adults nationwide would support Biden if the 2024 presidential election were held today, while 33 percent would vote for Trump in a one-on-one match-up.

Sixteen percent said they would choose a different candidate, while 6 percent said they would not vote.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Should always be skeptical of news like that where it just confirms the person's prior views and biases. They either cite no data at all, or some junky Fox or Rasmussen poll to indicate that 78% of Dems want to cut Biden's head off and eat it. Meanwhile the other polls and numbers chug along just fine.