2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13296
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Mori Chu »

The Republican party has become authoritarian and antidemocratic. They must be stopped at all costs.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 22702
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 8:14 am
The Republican party has become authoritarian and antidemocratic. They must be stopped at all costs.
People like Greene like to throw around the holocaust and compare it to mask wearing but the irony is that the party is starting to resemble Nazi Germany.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 5178
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack »

Michigan Republicans find no voter fraud and say Trump claims ‘ludicrous’
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... aims-trump

Michigan Senate finds no voter fraud. But here's what it did find
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 312166001/

Michigan GOP investigation finds no evidence of widespread fraud in 2020 election
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/23/politics ... index.html


GOP-led Michigan state Senate committee finds no evidence of widespread fraud in 2020 election
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michigan-s ... raud-2020/



Following a months-long investigation into a litany of dubious election fraud claims made by former President Donald Trump and his allies, a GOP-controlled Michigan Senate panel concluded Wednesday not only that the state’s 2020 results are accurate, but that some of those who continue to push such claims should face criminal investigation.

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13296
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Mori Chu »

Well but you can't trust those biased socialist liberal ... Republicans ... Oh.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7786
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition »

I guess that's that. Everyone can go home now... LOL

I predict we will be hearing more about Senator McBroom in the future.


"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 5178
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack »

Former Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani has now been suspended from practicing law in the state of New York
https://www.rawstory.com/rudy-giuliani-2653529319/

Specifically, the Attorney Grievance Committee for New York State Supreme Court's First Judicial Department concluded that Giuliani "communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign," which clearly violates the New York Bar's code of conduct for attorneys.

Rudy Giuliani Suspended From Practicing Law in New York
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/c ... k/3123491/
"We conclude that there is uncontroverted evidence that respondent communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump’s failed effort at reelection in 2020," a New York state appellate court ruled.


New York State Bar Association Launches Historic Inquiry Into Removing Trump Attorney Rudy Giuliani From Its Membership
https://nysba.org/new-york-state-bar-as ... embership/
The New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) strongly condemned the violent uprising that occurred at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, orchestrated by individuals bent on subverting the will of the voters by disrupting the certification of the 2020 presidential election results.

Thankfully, Congress overcame this assault and fulfilled its constitutional responsibility in certifying the Biden-Harris victory. However, we must address the root cause of this abhorrent incident, the blame for which lies first and foremost with President Donald Trump.

But the president did not act alone. Hours before the angry mob stormed the Capitol walls, Trump’s personal attorney, Rudolph Giuliani, addressed a crowd of thousands at the White House, reiterating baseless claims of widespread election fraud in the presidential election and the Georgia U.S. Senate runoffs.
“If we’re wrong, we will be made fools of, but if we’re right a lot of them will go to jail,” Mr. Giuliani said. “Let’s have trial by combat.”

And Now Ukraine Is Trying To Get Rudy Giuliani Disbarred
https://abovethelaw.com/2021/02/and-now ... disbarred/
Igor Novikov, a former adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, told Time. “That is because I believe Mayor Giuliani’s actions in Ukraine threatened our national security. It is our responsibility to make sure that any effort to drag our country into our allies’ domestic politics does not go unpunished.”

Maybe Sen. Hoylman and the NYSBA should add another phase to their investigations, because the Ukrainian government is more than ready to talk about Giuliani’s efforts to conscript it in the 45th President’s smear campaign against Joe Biden during the 2020 election. Check out Zelensky’s face when Axios’ Jonathan Swan asked if he was “a little bit” angry with President Trump.

“A little bit?” he laughed incredulously?

Apparently, a lot. Which is why accounts of Giuliani’s pressure campaign to get the Ukrainians to announce an investigation of Joe Biden and his son Hunter — not just to undertake the investigation, they had to announce it publicly — are now appearing in so many media outlets.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 22702
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Superbone »

How the mighty have fallen. Remember when he was "America's Mayor"? What a fall from grace for that guy.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13296
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey In2, do you think Joe Biden won the 2020 election fair and square?

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7786
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:26 pm
Hey In2, do you think Joe Biden won the 2020 election fair and square?
Why? Are you going to disbar me if I don't? LOL

BTW, Super, he was "America's Mayor", not Governor.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 22702
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:44 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:26 pm
Hey In2, do you think Joe Biden won the 2020 election fair and square?
Why? Are you going to disbar me if I don't? LOL

BTW, Super, he was "America's Mayor", not Governor.
Thanks. Fixed.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13296
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Mori Chu »

Notice that he didn't answer the question. Did Biden win fair and square? Yes or no?

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 5178
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack »

I did notice.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 5178
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack »

Trump Organization, CFO Weisselberg could face charges in DA probe: report
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ce-charges
Attorneys have told former President Trump's lawyers that the Trump Organization and its CFO, Allen Weisselberg, could face charges as a result of the continuing probe by the Manhattan district attorney's office, according to a report in The New York Times.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7786
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:41 am
Notice that he didn't answer the question. Did Biden win fair and square? Yes or no?
I wonder why that is? 🤔
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 14396
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:34 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:41 am
Notice that he didn't answer the question. Did Biden win fair and square? Yes or no?
I wonder why that is? 🤔
Because you think OANN and Newsmax are trusted news sources? (and I do mean that as a question, not a snark)

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 5178
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack »

Michael Cohen Tells Jimmy Kimmel that Manhattan Prosecutors Already Have Enough Evidence to Charge Trump
https://www.mediaite.com/entertainment/ ... rge-trump/
“He’s in trouble, Allen Weisselberg’s in trouble, Weisselberg’s kids, Matt Calamari, Rudy Giuliani, they’re all in trouble,” Cohen continued. “Why? Because there’s documentary evidence that’s in their [prosecutors’] possession.”

“They don’t really need Weisselberg or Calamari, one of them will flip to save themselves. And once you get Calamari you don’t need Weisselberg, when you get Weisselberg you don’t need Calamari,” he said. “But the truth is, they don’t need either of them because they have the documents to prove exactly the illegalities done by Trump.”

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 22702
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Superbone »

Calamari is not bad when deep fried.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 5178
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack »

Inside William Barr’s Breakup With Trump
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AALuFs3
Donald Trump is a man consumed with grievance against people he believes have betrayed him, but few betrayals have enraged him more than what his attorney general did to him. To Trump, the unkindest cut of all was when William Barr stepped forward and declared that there had been no widespread fraud in the 2020 election, just as the president was trying to overturn Joe Biden’s victory by claiming that the election had been stolen.

“To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election,” Barr repeated.

“My attitude was: It was put-up or shut-up time,” Barr told me. “If there was evidence of fraud, I had no motive to suppress it. But my suspicion all the way along was that there was nothing there. It was all bullshit.”

Barr also looked into allegations that voting machines across the country were rigged to switch Trump votes to Biden votes. He received two briefings from cybersecurity experts at the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI. “We realized from the beginning it was just bullshit,” Barr told me, noting that even if the machines somehow changed the count, it would show up when they were recounted by hand. “It’s a counting machine, and they save everything that was counted. So you just reconcile the two. There had been no discrepancy reported anywhere, and I’m still not aware of any discrepancy.”

Trump brought up Barr’s AP interview.

“Did you say that?”

“Yes,” Barr responded.

“How the fuck could you do this to me? Why did you say it?”

“Because it’s true.”

The president, livid, responded by referring to himself in the third person: “You must hate Trump. You must hate Trump.”

You keep on saying that the Department of Justice is not looking at this stuff, and we are looking at it in a responsible way. But your people keep on shoveling this shit out.”

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 22702
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Superbone »

The dude is crazy. What a sicko. Unbelievable that he was allowed to be POTUS. Worst ever and it's not even close.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing. ACCOMPLISHED! 34 wins in a shortened season! Like it mattered. We rarely see Wormwood anyway!

User avatar
3rdside
Posts: 1236
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:59 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by 3rdside »

But Sidney Powell and Mike Lindell said it’s true smh … that Trump’s side managed to fool so many people is shocking; he absolutely deserves to be banned from social media until he’s no longer a threat.

Post Reply