2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Mori Chu »

Lol

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Pay up Pillow guy.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:15 am
Pay up Pillow guy.
I think it should be $100 bills all sewn into his patented "My Pillows"... Imagine the sleep you could get on fresh, crisp, $100 bills... :lol:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Proud Boys found guilty of seditious conspiracy for 1/6.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They can be proud to be traitors in prison.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 9:32 am
They can be proud to be traitors in prison.
And take it like boys when Big Bubba pays them a visit.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Remember that talking point about how 1/6 couldn't have been an insurrection because nobody got indicted or thrown in jail for it? Well, poof, there goes that BS talking point. Next question: Is Trump next? DOJ hasn't shown much spine about moving on him in the 1/6 investigation so far. We'll have to wait (more) and see.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Maybe they are giving Trump time to deal with all the other scandals/scams he is involved in since there are SO many. 🤪

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Another investigation related to state efforts to falsely declare Trump the 2020 winner.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Rudy G now admits in court that he made knowingly false statements related to the 2020 election in Georgia.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

No way!?!?! Say it ain’t so Rudy! 😂

He just entered trump/maga crosshairs and must have been turned by the deep state.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

How do these people sleep at night?
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In Rudy’s defense he is kind of clueless. He often says things he really shouldn’t divulge without thinking.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I can't see / hear about Rudy without thinking of his performance in Borat 2 where he tried to coerce the young woman into touching his penis in a hotel room, and then reading that this was pretty commonplace behavior for him including with his own staff and aids.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Well, he was set up to fail in that video. I don’t remember him try to coerce her to touch his penis. They were in the process of taking the recording mic from inside his shirt. She pulled up his shirt and he tucked it back in and that’s the part where they claim he is playing with himself. I think Rudy is a buffoon but, this stunt was just that, a comedic stunt intended to make him look bad. They don’t need to do that. He is good at doing it on his own.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Some links about the Rudy Borat 2 scene. I think his conduct is pretty questionable. He went into a hotel bedroom with a young woman he thought was a journalist, then he was touching the actress, asking for her phone number, complimenting her looks, and then he lies down on the bed in front of her and belabors the process of "adjusting" his pants.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/o ... borat-film
https://www.indiewire.com/features/gene ... 234606036/
https://slate.com/culture/2020/10/borat ... lyzed.html

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Presidential Libraries of Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan and More Warn About State of US Democracy in First Ever Joint Statement
https://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/ ... statement/
Presidential Libraries for multiple former U.S. Presidents have written a joint statement for the first time to warn about the state of American democracy.

The statement is co-signed by libraries for past presidents, including Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George & Barbara Bush, Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Richard Nixon, Lyndon Johnson, John F. Kennedy, Harry Truman, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover. The presidential library for Donald J. Trump is notably absent, mainly because it does not yet exist similarly.

It is thought to be their first-ever joint statement on American democracy and includes the ominous phrase “others see our own house in disarray.”

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Retired Conservative Judge Declares American Democracy ‘In Grave Peril’ Because ‘There Is No Republican Party’
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/retired-con ... can-party/
“What do you think has happened to your party?” Harlow asked Luttig.

His answer: Frankly, I don’t care about the Republican Party at all, except to the extent that the two political parties in America are the political guardians of democracy in our country. American democracy simply cannot function without two equally healthy and equally strong political parties. So, today, in my view, there is no Republican Party to counter the Democratic Party in the country. And for that reason, American democracy is in grave peril.

“Today there is no such shared set of beliefs and values and principles, or even policy views, within the Republican Party for America,” Luttig determined. “Until or unless the Republican Party can pull itself together into a credible Republican political party, we simply don’t have two competing parties in America.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

How does a Presidential Library issue a statement? That's kind of odd. It represents, what, the unified view of the staff of the library?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Piers Morgan Obliterates Kari Lake Right To Her Face For Still Claiming Election Was ‘Stolen’ From Her: ‘That’s Complete Nonsense!’
https://www.mediaite.com/podcasts/piers ... -nonsense/

Lake went on to claim that 81% of Republicans, 60% of independents, and 44% of Democrats think the election was stolen.

“Majority of Americans in every poll I’ve seen do not believe that the election was stolen. You know why? Because it wasn’t stolen,” Morgan said.

Lake insisted that she follows election integrity because it’s an important topic to her.

“I don’t think you follow election integrity. I think what you want to do, like Donald Trump, you want to fuel the sense that every time you guys lose a fair election, it’s unfair and rigged and stolen — every time you win, it’s the purest example of efficient working democracy imaginable. That’s really what it boils down to,” Morgan said.