2020 Election Thread

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Indy »

I read the article and that is why I am so surprised you came to the conclusion that the election was rigged or that Trump didn't clearly lose.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:55 am
I read the article and that is why I am so surprised you came to the conclusion that the election was rigged or that Trump didn't clearly lose.
I can see how you came to your own conclusion. I don't think the questions about the election are going to be going away any time soon, no matter how much they are trying to be suppressed on social media or MSM.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The Big Lie. That's all this is.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's a sad state of affairs that millions of people in our country have come to believe a lie that the 2020 election was stolen, despite the mountain of evidence that it was a free and fair election. What is one to do? I think we sane folks have done quite enough to try to calmly and patiently explain to the others what the true facts are in the situation. They aren't listening. All that's left is to shun and ostracize those who believe the lie. Push them out of all shared spaces; ruin them. Don't hire them, don't befriend them, don't include them.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:32 am
It's a sad state of affairs that millions of people in our country have come to believe a lie that the 2020 election was stolen, despite the mountain of evidence that it was a free and fair election. What is one to do? I think we sane folks have done quite enough to try to calmly and patiently explain to the others what the true facts are in the situation. They aren't listening. All that's left is to shun and ostracize those who believe the lie. Push them out of all shared spaces; ruin them. Don't hire them, don't befriend them, don't include them.
Or just the opposite. Funny you are advocating for Dictatorship type tactics, but I shouldn't be surprised Professor. Same thing was used in Nazi Germany, but against the Jewish people.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:41 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Or just the opposite. Funny you are advocating for Dictatorship type tactics, but I shouldn't be surprised Professor. Same thing was used in Nazi Germany, but against the Jewish people.
What the hell are you talking about?

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:29 am
Indy wrote:
I can see how you came to your own conclusion. I don't think the questions about the election are going to be going away any time soon, no matter how much they are trying to be suppressed on social media or MSM.
Yeah, I am sure it benefits the Murdoch family to suppress facts about Donald Trump really winning the election. This is crazy talk.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:44 am
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Are you serious?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:45 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
Yeah, I am sure it benefits the Murdoch family to suppress facts about Donald Trump really winning the election. This is crazy talk.
Right, the Murdoch family controls all media. Got it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:09 am
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
they were the first network to call Arizona.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:06 am
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Are you serious?
Yes. You think the Nazis were shunning Jews for believing lies?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:11 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
So? What does that have to do with questions about the election trying to being suppressed?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:12 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Are you serious?
No, I said that the same tactics were being used.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:14 am
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Are you serious?
Yes, shunning people for promoting lies and conspiracies was a classic Nazi tactic. It is in the Nazi 101 playbook.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:13 am
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

So? What does that have to do with questions about the election trying to being suppressed?
no questions are being suppressed. how many court cases again? All of those court cases are public documents. They are available for anyone to see. That is the opposite of suppression. What you aren't seeing anymore is continued lies by big companies, because they are being sued for lying.

The media absolutely failed us all, because even the ones that weren't lying every minute were not holding other folks accountable for lying. The only thing that stops companies from lying is the threat to their bonuses for their executive teams.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:17 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

Are you serious?
Yes, shunning people for promoting lies and conspiracies was a classic Nazi tactic. It is in the Nazi 101 playbook.
We can debate whether they are lies or not, but it seems like your mind is made up on what they are. The tactics proposed to be used against a large set of your fellow citizens is quite different.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:21 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:

no questions are being suppressed. how many court cases again? All of those court cases are public documents. They are available for anyone to see. That is the opposite of suppression. What you aren't seeing anymore is continued lies by big companies, because they are being sued for lying.

The media absolutely failed us all, because even the ones that weren't lying every minute were not holding other folks accountable for lying. The only thing that stops companies from lying is the threat to their bonuses for their executive teams.
How many of those court cases was the evidence presented? You do know that the ones where the merits were considered, a majority of those cases were won in Trump's favor, right?
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/t ... 88543.html

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

AZ Senate Vote Fails, Won't Hold County In Contempt For Election
https://patch.com/arizona/phoenix/az-se ... t-election
PHOENIX, AZ — Arizona Senate Republicans will not hold the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors in contempt for refusing to turn over election materials for an audit after one GOP lawmaker bucked his party.

The resolution to hold the county in contempt failed 15 to 15 after Republican Sen. Paul Boyer joined Democrats in voting no. Boyer said he didn't feel like the resolution was the right way for the two governing bodies to resolve their issues.

"I've always said, so long as there's hope for both sides to work with one another, I want to do all I can in my limited power to have us work amicably together," Boyer said. "We still have time to work together on this."

The Senate introduced the resolution on Wednesday after the board of supervisors refused to comply with lawmakers' subpoenas to turn over voting machines and ballots from the Nov. 3 election. The resolution would have authorized Senate President Karen Fann to take "all legal action" needed to enforce the subpoena, including potential arrests for all five board members.

Four out of five members of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors are Republicans. The board has already turned over a massive amount of election data to the senate.

Maricopa County courts rejected eight lawsuits filed by backers of former President Donald Trump after his loss in Arizona, finding no evidence of fraud in the state. Regardless, the senate has demanded access to voting machines and all 2.1 million ballots cast in Maricopa County during the election to ensure nothing irregular took place. The board has said it won't comply because ballots are sealed by law and the voting machines need to remain secure.

"The access to voter ballots and tabulation machines are non-negotiable," Steve Gallardo, the board's lone Democratic member, tweeted on Monday.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:25 am
Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:17 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Are you serious?
We can debate whether they are lies or not, but it seems like your mind is made up on what they are. The tactics proposed to be used against a large set of your fellow citizens is quite different.
If you want to debate up from down, right from left, black from white, go ahead. I won't be participating in the perpetuation of lies.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 am
Indy wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:21 am
In2ition wrote:
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:

How many of those court cases was the evidence presented? You do know that the ones where the merits were considered, a majority of those cases were won in Trump's favor, right?
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/t ... 88543.html
Really? Fitting that you use sources known to promote QAnon and other conspiracy theories.