Trump suspended from Twitter

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Mori Chu »

Twitter has permanently banned Donald Trump from their platform, claiming that he engages in "incitement of violence."

Other social media platforms have also taken action against him. Facebook has suspended him until after 1/20, and I believe Snapchat has banned him.

Nodack

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Nodack »

Hallelujah!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Look what Trump said now.....

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:49 pm
What did he say? Come on man. Details!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

This fucking guy is going around and jumping from one account to another and creating new accounts left and right so he can keep Tweeting. What in the ever loving fuck. Now there's talk that social media is picking up a lot of talk from his followers about armed assaults on the Capitol and other prominent political buildings on January 17th.

Because Donald fucking Trump, the guy that doesn't promote violence according to In2ition and his supporters, keeps perpetuating this bullshit and failing to accept reality while spinning a fucking narrative to rile up his pissed off base. Unreal.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:07 pm
Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:49 pm
What did he say? Come on man. Details!
The details are he didn’t say anything because they blocked him.

Buhahaha!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

:lol:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:55 pm
This fucking guy is going around and jumping from one account to another and creating new accounts left and right so he can keep Tweeting. What in the ever loving fuck. Now there's talk that social media is picking up a lot of talk from his followers about armed assaults on the Capitol and other prominent political buildings on January 17th.

Because Donald fucking Trump, the guy that doesn't promote violence according to In2ition and his supporters, keeps perpetuating this bullshit and failing to accept reality while spinning a fucking narrative to rile up his pissed off base. Unreal.
If you're talking about him going from one account to another, he already had the @POTUS account which goes to whoever is the POTUS at the time. He didn't create a new account. Just an FYI for you AIG.

He hasn't "riled up" me for violence, as you say. Seems like quite a broad brush, when many of the people were ushered and allowed in like they were going to a movie premiere. The vast majority of the people there were chill and never went near the Capitol, but it must be the right call to demonize everyone.

Of course there was quite a purge today of conservatives suspended off twitter. Interesting times.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:58 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:

If you're talking about him going from one account to another, he already had the @POTUS account which goes to whoever is the POTUS at the time. He didn't create a new account. Just an FYI for you AIG.

He hasn't "riled up" me for violence, as you say. Seems like quite a broad brush, when many of the people were ushered and allowed in like they were going to a movie premiere. The vast majority of the people there were chill and never went near the Capitol, but it must be the right call to demonize everyone.

Of course there was quite a purge today of conservatives suspended off twitter. Interesting times.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Not sure the issue with Twitter or any social media platform suspending the accounts of conservatives or Trump. Thanks to gay wedding cakes, Republicans made sure a private business can refuse service to anyone they'd like. Is this any different? Talk about hypocritical.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:59 pm
In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Not sure the issue with Twitter or any social media platform suspending the accounts of conservatives or Trump. Thanks to gay wedding cakes, Republicans made sure a private business can refuse service to anyone they'd like. Is this any different? Talk about hypocritical.
I'm pretty sure, but am not a lawyer so forgive me, that's completely different ruling though. I don't even think they were making that argument that they could do whatever they want because they are a private business. That would be the same argument that businesses used during the Jim Crow days, which was wrong and shut down, but maybe it's the same argument that could be used against Twitter here.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:11 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

I'm pretty sure, but am not a lawyer so forgive me, that's completely different ruling though. I don't even think they were making that argument that they could do whatever they want because they are a private business. That would be the same argument that businesses used during the Jim Crow days, which was wrong and shut down, but maybe it's the same argument that could be used against Twitter here.
Conservatives: private businesses should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Twitter swings the ban hammer on Trump for inciting violence and fomenting insurrection

Conservatives: No not like that.

Get where I'm coming from here?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:26 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:11 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Conservatives: private businesses should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Twitter swings the ban hammer on Trump for inciting violence and fomenting insurrection

Conservatives: No not like that.

Get where I'm coming from here?
If some are doing that, this strawman works beautifully. That's not what I'm saying saying at all. I thought I made that clear, but I apologize if I didn't.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

No one has ever been banned from Twitter or other social media for being conservative. People are getting banned for directly encouraging, planning, inciting violence and promoting conspiracy theories. The fact that almost everyone in the country who does that is conservative is telling about how deeply rotten the GOP and "conservative" part of America has become, but the bans are not for conservative political ideology or ideas.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Bye bye Parler. They’re hosted by Amazon Web Services, who have had enough. They have until the end of Sunday to find another host or die.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jo ... parler-aws

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

This reminds me of the the BLM protests and riots. There was a small group of people causing the vast majority of the problems and violence and yet the entire movement was painted with the same ruthless out of control violent thugs brush.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:00 pm
In2ition wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

This reminds me of the the BLM protests and riots. There was a small group of people causing the vast majority of the problems and violence and yet the entire movement was painted with the same ruthless out of control violent thugs brush.
I agree

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

BLM protests and subsequent riots were initiated by the injustices levied against minorities.

The Capitol rally, protest, and subsequent storming of the the Capitol building were initiated by a nut job who's ego was hurt because he lost a popularity contest.

That's a very important distinction when comparing the two.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.