Trump suspended from Twitter

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13014
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Mori Chu »

Twitter has permanently banned Donald Trump from their platform, claiming that he engages in "incitement of violence."



Other social media platforms have also taken action against him. Facebook has suspended him until after 1/20, and I believe Snapchat has banned him.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4706
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Nodack »

Hallelujah!

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4706
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Nodack »

Look what Trump said now.....

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3200
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by AmareIsGod »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:49 pm
Look what Trump said now.....
What did he say? Come on man. Details!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3200
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3200
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by AmareIsGod »

This fucking guy is going around and jumping from one account to another and creating new accounts left and right so he can keep Tweeting. What in the ever loving fuck. Now there's talk that social media is picking up a lot of talk from his followers about armed assaults on the Capitol and other prominent political buildings on January 17th.

Because Donald fucking Trump, the guy that doesn't promote violence according to In2ition and his supporters, keeps perpetuating this bullshit and failing to accept reality while spinning a fucking narrative to rile up his pissed off base. Unreal.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4706
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Nodack »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:07 pm
Nodack wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:49 pm
Look what Trump said now.....
What did he say? Come on man. Details!
The details are he didn’t say anything because they blocked him.

Buhahaha!

User avatar
Wally_West
Posts: 3894
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Wally_West »




:lol:

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7647
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:55 pm
This fucking guy is going around and jumping from one account to another and creating new accounts left and right so he can keep Tweeting. What in the ever loving fuck. Now there's talk that social media is picking up a lot of talk from his followers about armed assaults on the Capitol and other prominent political buildings on January 17th.

Because Donald fucking Trump, the guy that doesn't promote violence according to In2ition and his supporters, keeps perpetuating this bullshit and failing to accept reality while spinning a fucking narrative to rile up his pissed off base. Unreal.
If you're talking about him going from one account to another, he already had the @POTUS account which goes to whoever is the POTUS at the time. He didn't create a new account. Just an FYI for you AIG.

He hasn't "riled up" me for violence, as you say. Seems like quite a broad brush, when many of the people were ushered and allowed in like they were going to a movie premiere. The vast majority of the people there were chill and never went near the Capitol, but it must be the right call to demonize everyone.

Of course there was quite a purge today of conservatives suspended off twitter. Interesting times.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3200
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:58 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:55 pm
This fucking guy is going around and jumping from one account to another and creating new accounts left and right so he can keep Tweeting. What in the ever loving fuck. Now there's talk that social media is picking up a lot of talk from his followers about armed assaults on the Capitol and other prominent political buildings on January 17th.

Because Donald fucking Trump, the guy that doesn't promote violence according to In2ition and his supporters, keeps perpetuating this bullshit and failing to accept reality while spinning a fucking narrative to rile up his pissed off base. Unreal.
If you're talking about him going from one account to another, he already had the @POTUS account which goes to whoever is the POTUS at the time. He didn't create a new account. Just an FYI for you AIG.

He hasn't "riled up" me for violence, as you say. Seems like quite a broad brush, when many of the people were ushered and allowed in like they were going to a movie premiere. The vast majority of the people there were chill and never went near the Capitol, but it must be the right call to demonize everyone.

Of course there was quite a purge today of conservatives suspended off twitter. Interesting times.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3200
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3200
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:58 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:55 pm
This fucking guy is going around and jumping from one account to another and creating new accounts left and right so he can keep Tweeting. What in the ever loving fuck. Now there's talk that social media is picking up a lot of talk from his followers about armed assaults on the Capitol and other prominent political buildings on January 17th.

Because Donald fucking Trump, the guy that doesn't promote violence according to In2ition and his supporters, keeps perpetuating this bullshit and failing to accept reality while spinning a fucking narrative to rile up his pissed off base. Unreal.
If you're talking about him going from one account to another, he already had the @POTUS account which goes to whoever is the POTUS at the time. He didn't create a new account. Just an FYI for you AIG.

He hasn't "riled up" me for violence, as you say. Seems like quite a broad brush, when many of the people were ushered and allowed in like they were going to a movie premiere. The vast majority of the people there were chill and never went near the Capitol, but it must be the right call to demonize everyone.

Of course there was quite a purge today of conservatives suspended off twitter. Interesting times.
Not sure the issue with Twitter or any social media platform suspending the accounts of conservatives or Trump. Thanks to gay wedding cakes, Republicans made sure a private business can refuse service to anyone they'd like. Is this any different? Talk about hypocritical.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7647
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:59 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:58 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:55 pm
This fucking guy is going around and jumping from one account to another and creating new accounts left and right so he can keep Tweeting. What in the ever loving fuck. Now there's talk that social media is picking up a lot of talk from his followers about armed assaults on the Capitol and other prominent political buildings on January 17th.

Because Donald fucking Trump, the guy that doesn't promote violence according to In2ition and his supporters, keeps perpetuating this bullshit and failing to accept reality while spinning a fucking narrative to rile up his pissed off base. Unreal.
If you're talking about him going from one account to another, he already had the @POTUS account which goes to whoever is the POTUS at the time. He didn't create a new account. Just an FYI for you AIG.

He hasn't "riled up" me for violence, as you say. Seems like quite a broad brush, when many of the people were ushered and allowed in like they were going to a movie premiere. The vast majority of the people there were chill and never went near the Capitol, but it must be the right call to demonize everyone.

Of course there was quite a purge today of conservatives suspended off twitter. Interesting times.
Not sure the issue with Twitter or any social media platform suspending the accounts of conservatives or Trump. Thanks to gay wedding cakes, Republicans made sure a private business can refuse service to anyone they'd like. Is this any different? Talk about hypocritical.
I'm pretty sure, but am not a lawyer so forgive me, that's completely different ruling though. I don't even think they were making that argument that they could do whatever they want because they are a private business. That would be the same argument that businesses used during the Jim Crow days, which was wrong and shut down, but maybe it's the same argument that could be used against Twitter here.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 3200
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:11 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:59 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:58 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:55 pm
This fucking guy is going around and jumping from one account to another and creating new accounts left and right so he can keep Tweeting. What in the ever loving fuck. Now there's talk that social media is picking up a lot of talk from his followers about armed assaults on the Capitol and other prominent political buildings on January 17th.

Because Donald fucking Trump, the guy that doesn't promote violence according to In2ition and his supporters, keeps perpetuating this bullshit and failing to accept reality while spinning a fucking narrative to rile up his pissed off base. Unreal.
If you're talking about him going from one account to another, he already had the @POTUS account which goes to whoever is the POTUS at the time. He didn't create a new account. Just an FYI for you AIG.

He hasn't "riled up" me for violence, as you say. Seems like quite a broad brush, when many of the people were ushered and allowed in like they were going to a movie premiere. The vast majority of the people there were chill and never went near the Capitol, but it must be the right call to demonize everyone.

Of course there was quite a purge today of conservatives suspended off twitter. Interesting times.
Not sure the issue with Twitter or any social media platform suspending the accounts of conservatives or Trump. Thanks to gay wedding cakes, Republicans made sure a private business can refuse service to anyone they'd like. Is this any different? Talk about hypocritical.
I'm pretty sure, but am not a lawyer so forgive me, that's completely different ruling though. I don't even think they were making that argument that they could do whatever they want because they are a private business. That would be the same argument that businesses used during the Jim Crow days, which was wrong and shut down, but maybe it's the same argument that could be used against Twitter here.
Conservatives: private businesses should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Twitter swings the ban hammer on Trump for inciting violence and fomenting insurrection

Conservatives: No not like that.

Get where I'm coming from here?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7647
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:26 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:11 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:59 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:58 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:55 pm
This fucking guy is going around and jumping from one account to another and creating new accounts left and right so he can keep Tweeting. What in the ever loving fuck. Now there's talk that social media is picking up a lot of talk from his followers about armed assaults on the Capitol and other prominent political buildings on January 17th.

Because Donald fucking Trump, the guy that doesn't promote violence according to In2ition and his supporters, keeps perpetuating this bullshit and failing to accept reality while spinning a fucking narrative to rile up his pissed off base. Unreal.
If you're talking about him going from one account to another, he already had the @POTUS account which goes to whoever is the POTUS at the time. He didn't create a new account. Just an FYI for you AIG.

He hasn't "riled up" me for violence, as you say. Seems like quite a broad brush, when many of the people were ushered and allowed in like they were going to a movie premiere. The vast majority of the people there were chill and never went near the Capitol, but it must be the right call to demonize everyone.

Of course there was quite a purge today of conservatives suspended off twitter. Interesting times.
Not sure the issue with Twitter or any social media platform suspending the accounts of conservatives or Trump. Thanks to gay wedding cakes, Republicans made sure a private business can refuse service to anyone they'd like. Is this any different? Talk about hypocritical.
I'm pretty sure, but am not a lawyer so forgive me, that's completely different ruling though. I don't even think they were making that argument that they could do whatever they want because they are a private business. That would be the same argument that businesses used during the Jim Crow days, which was wrong and shut down, but maybe it's the same argument that could be used against Twitter here.
Conservatives: private businesses should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Twitter swings the ban hammer on Trump for inciting violence and fomenting insurrection

Conservatives: No not like that.

Get where I'm coming from here?
If some are doing that, this strawman works beautifully. That's not what I'm saying saying at all. I thought I made that clear, but I apologize if I didn't.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 13014
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Mori Chu »

No one has ever been banned from Twitter or other social media for being conservative. People are getting banned for directly encouraging, planning, inciting violence and promoting conspiracy theories. The fact that almost everyone in the country who does that is conservative is telling about how deeply rotten the GOP and "conservative" part of America has become, but the bans are not for conservative political ideology or ideas.

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 7313
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Cap »

Bye bye Parler. They’re hosted by Amazon Web Services, who have had enough. They have until the end of Sunday to find another host or die.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jo ... parler-aws

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 4706
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:58 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:55 pm
This fucking guy is going around and jumping from one account to another and creating new accounts left and right so he can keep Tweeting. What in the ever loving fuck. Now there's talk that social media is picking up a lot of talk from his followers about armed assaults on the Capitol and other prominent political buildings on January 17th.

Because Donald fucking Trump, the guy that doesn't promote violence according to In2ition and his supporters, keeps perpetuating this bullshit and failing to accept reality while spinning a fucking narrative to rile up his pissed off base. Unreal.
If you're talking about him going from one account to another, he already had the @POTUS account which goes to whoever is the POTUS at the time. He didn't create a new account. Just an FYI for you AIG.

He hasn't "riled up" me for violence, as you say. Seems like quite a broad brush, when many of the people were ushered and allowed in like they were going to a movie premiere. The vast majority of the people there were chill and never went near the Capitol, but it must be the right call to demonize everyone.

Of course there was quite a purge today of conservatives suspended off twitter. Interesting times.
This reminds me of the the BLM protests and riots. There was a small group of people causing the vast majority of the problems and violence and yet the entire movement was painted with the same ruthless out of control violent thugs brush.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 7647
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:00 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:58 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:55 pm
This fucking guy is going around and jumping from one account to another and creating new accounts left and right so he can keep Tweeting. What in the ever loving fuck. Now there's talk that social media is picking up a lot of talk from his followers about armed assaults on the Capitol and other prominent political buildings on January 17th.

Because Donald fucking Trump, the guy that doesn't promote violence according to In2ition and his supporters, keeps perpetuating this bullshit and failing to accept reality while spinning a fucking narrative to rile up his pissed off base. Unreal.
If you're talking about him going from one account to another, he already had the @POTUS account which goes to whoever is the POTUS at the time. He didn't create a new account. Just an FYI for you AIG.

He hasn't "riled up" me for violence, as you say. Seems like quite a broad brush, when many of the people were ushered and allowed in like they were going to a movie premiere. The vast majority of the people there were chill and never went near the Capitol, but it must be the right call to demonize everyone.

Of course there was quite a purge today of conservatives suspended off twitter. Interesting times.
This reminds me of the the BLM protests and riots. There was a small group of people causing the vast majority of the problems and violence and yet the entire movement was painted with the same ruthless out of control violent thugs brush.
I agree
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 5093
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Trump suspended from Twitter

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

BLM protests and subsequent riots were initiated by the injustices levied against minorities.

The Capitol rally, protest, and subsequent storming of the the Capitol building were initiated by a nut job who's ego was hurt because he lost a popularity contest.

That's a very important distinction when comparing the two.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

Post Reply