Biden Administration misc. activities

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Biden Administration misc. activities

Post by Mori Chu »

Still waiting for any actual details or evidence to come out on this supposed scandal.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have seen this story a dozen times now with the GOP. You don’t need evidence. All you need is to make the accusations. There is no need to back it up with evidence.

Trump was impeached over trying to extort the Ukraine. Trump demanded Ukraine announce they were going to investigate the Biden’s. He didn’t care if they actually did or didn’t. He just wanted them to announce it so he could campaign off it. Instead he was impeached for his extortion attempt. The Dems paraded witness after witness who testified that is was all a scam. They showed emails and text messages showing it was a scam. I don’t think one Republican on planet earth watched any of it. Facts and evidence mean nothing to them. The only thing they care about is whatever Trump spews out of his mouth.

Alt facts is what the GOP is built upon now.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So, Joe Biden fell down today. You'll probably hear about it for days, questioning his age and health and so on. Here's the clip.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It will happen more and more until he breaks something. I can’t believe anyone that old would want to be President. It’s tough enough putting your pants on and making it to the bathroom in time at that age, let alone try to lead the free world. He did his job and stopped Trump.

Questions. Can a President step down during his or her’s Presidency and have the VP take over for them? So Kamala Harris is his official VP again and therefore she would become President in that case?

Edit: Twenty-Fifth Amendment
Section 1

In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I can see a scenario where Biden is elected, serves until his health fails and then Kamala becomes President. I can see a scenario if it’s a divided Congress that the GOP refuses to confirm an VP like they did Obama’s Supreme Court pick. This seems he most likely scenario on the Dem side.

Did they ever find those missing whistleblowers that were going to testify against Hunter and Joe? At the last minute they disappeared before anyone could talk to them. I’m sure it was Hillary who probably had them killed. Pfft

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Kamala likely wouldn't become President unless Biden literally died, which probably would not happen. Even if he fell into some kind of diminished state, they would not remove him.

If Kamala became President, it'd be a huge shit-show. She'd be expected to nominate a new VP, but that person would have to be approved by majorities in the House and Senate, and with a GOP House, they'd literally just obstruct and never approve anybody Kamala would nominate. She'd just have a vacant VP slot for the entirety of her Presidency. It would actually be dangerous because it would leave a gap in the line of succession.

But it's moot because it would be unlikely to happen.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I see him stepping down when it gets to that point. Yes, Republicans would do everything in their power to crush Kamala. That goes without saying.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It looks like Hunter Biden has been charged with a gun crime and with tax fraud.

It appears that he was not charged with any crime related to any foreign activity, anything to do with his laptop, nor anything to do with Joe Biden or other family members.

Edit: I am unsure whether the investigation is now "resolved" / complete, or still ongoing; that is, whether any further charges might be filed. Hunter's attorney claims that it is done, but the US Attorney (likely more authoritative source) says it is still ongoing.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Benghazi II. Nine separate investigations into trying to prove Hillary was responsible for the deaths in Benghazi and in the end all they had was that she had a private e-mail server and had nothing to do with their deaths. Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powel had private e-mail servers as Secretary of State too but the GOP wasn’t interested in going after them for some reason.

The GOP has put in a lot of effort trying to dig up dirt on the Biden’s. Trump was impeached for extorting Ukraine attempting to get dirt on the Biden’s. His defense team led by Devin Nunes was trying to prove Trump was innocent and it turns out Nunes was part of the scandal. Nunes was secretly in Ukraine trying to persuade Ukraine to investigate the Biden’s as well and that was unveiled near the end of the impeachment. Trump repaid Nunes by hiring him to run his Truth business.

Hunter busted for having a gun while he was intoxicated? I didn’t even know that was a crime. It seems like half the Republicans in America could be arrested for that at any given time. Not drinking Bud Light of course. Maybe the GOP will start a crusade to ban guns from people who get intoxicated. Lol

Edit: He was busted for not paying taxes in 2017 and 2018. Joining the military is about the most patriotic thing you can do as an American. Paying your taxes is on my list as the second most patriotic thing you can do as an American. Him not paying any taxes in 2017 and 2018 is a big sin in my book.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:59 am

Hunter busted for having a gun while he was intoxicated? I didn’t even know that was a crime. It seems like half the Republicans in America could be arrested for that at any given time.
This misrepresents the most serious charge, which was essentially that, while filling out a form to buy a gun, he checked "no" on a question that asked whether he was or had been a user of illegal drugs. His struggles with addiction were already well-known, so obviously he should have checked "yes" and undergone whatever further background checks might have been required before he purchased the gun.

Making a false statement like that could have been charged as a felony, but as part of the deal it was apparently reduced to a misdemeanor. According to what I've read, it would be unusual to bring full charges on a first offense, so while he is getting a reduced punishment, it's not ridiculously so in a way that would seem like undue pressure is being applied - although I'm sure there will be people unhappy with the outcome, no matter how it goes.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have heard more and read more about this as the day has progressed. He lied about his drug use in the form. If it wasn’t for the five year investigation he probably never would have been busted for it. I think it would be a hard thing to confirm unless he was busted earlier for it and they check police records for drug use. I read crack and alcohol was Hunter’s drugs of choice. I have never done it but crack is a serious drug that seriously screws up the lives of anyone who does it. Very addictive. Poor Joe Biden. His daughter and wife are killed in a car accident and another son dies from brain cancer. Another son Hunter is addicted to crack and alcohol and is being used politically against him.

Hunter didn’t pay any taxes in 2017 and 2018 but, paid it all back in 2021? I haven’t read how that happened. Was he busted and then paid it back or did he just wait a few years and decide to pay on his own? How do people think they can just go years without paying taxes and expect to get away with it? Was it the crack affecting his actions?

Trump says Hunter Biden got off with a ‘traffic ticket,’ slams ‘corrupt’ justice system
Trump says one of his family members would be facing 'hundreds of years'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ice-system

Trump being Trumpy

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Where's Hunter?!?!?!?!?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Par

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nice clip debunking some GOP statements about the Hunder Biden case.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Joe and Jill Biden finally make a statement acknowledging their seventh grandchild, fathered out of wedlock by Hunter Biden.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

A little shout out to Biden. All I have heard for the past year plus is that a recession is eminent. All the signs have pointed to a major recession and everyone has been prepared for it. Every month a slew of stories telling us to prepare for the recession followed by the numbers that say the economy is humming along. Now they are saying all that stuff the Fed did to try to prevent a recession maybe worked and that it appears we are making a “soft landing” as they say. A recession will hit at some point because they always do periodically. The 2023 recession looks like it won’t happen in 2023.

Biden has been taken a lot of hits for his horrible economy but, every month the stock market soars, unemployment is low, demand is high. Inflation was the bad number and it appears inflation is waning and wages went up more than inflation in the last numbers. Maybe it is or isn’t Biden making this happen. It is happening though. Maybe it helps the economy to keep yelling a recession is coming over and over month after month.

This week in Bidenomics: The Great Disappearing Recession
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/this-wee ... 27985.html

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/05/economy/ ... index.html
The case for a 2023 US recession is crumbling

Many Americans fear a recession as severe as 2008 could be coming. Here’s what experts say
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/07/america ... agree.html
Many Americans fear an economic downturn could be as bad as the 2007 to 2009 Financial Crisis, a recent Nationwide survey of 2,000 adults found.

To that point, 68% are expecting a recession in the next six months, and 80% of those respondents expect it to be severe.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful."
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

“Walk softly and carry a big stick.”

Superbone