2024 Election

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: 2024 Election

Post by Nodack »

Yep.

Advertising your political affiliations to your neighbors seems like a bad idea.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, this ad (it's real) released by the RFK campaign shows him reading negative quotes about himself. Why did they make this? It makes him look bad, lol.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Idk, it's like celebs reading mean tweets. There are people here that speak disparagingly about RFKjr.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I guess so, but he forgot to do the part where you make it funny. He just read a bunch of valid criticisms of what a kook he is.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Shock survey reveals huge number of Americans see another civil war within five years
https://www.the-express.com/news/us-new ... years-poll
A shocking new poll revealed that over 40 percent of Americans believe their country could be torn apart by another civil war within the next five years.

That would definitely signal the end of the US. With all that is happening, it almost seems like the end of the US already. My outlook for America is very dim no matter who wins the election.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think we'll have a true Civil War, but we may have a coup / takeover. It's concerning to see how much of the police, military, national guard, border patrol, etc. seem to carry partisan loyalty to one political party. What will happen when the leader of that party orders them to arms? While insisting to them that their election has been stolen and their country and democracy are being taken away?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Fwiw, here's another new poll from ABC. This one has Biden ahead 49-45. Usual disclaimer, these are mostly worthless, next week Trump will be ahead or whatever, etc.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 9:20 am
Shock survey reveals huge number of Americans see another civil war within five years
https://www.the-express.com/news/us-new ... years-poll
A shocking new poll revealed that over 40 percent of Americans believe their country could be torn apart by another civil war within the next five years.

That would definitely signal the end of the US. With all that is happening, it almost seems like the end of the US already. My outlook for America is very dim no matter who wins the election.
I sure hope I don't have to buy a gun. But I am in Arizona now...
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So, I've only been in Arizona for 10 days now and a guy playing poker at a home game I attended last night was wearing a shirt that said something like, paraphrasing here, If you still hate Trump after this shit show Biden is running, then you are an idiot. Something to that effect. I really have no idea of what "shit show" it is referring to.

Should I go out and get an opposing T-shirt for the next game? No, I don't think so. I don't put banners out in my yard and I'm certainly not going to broadcast it on my apparel. Plus, I like this guy. But I just don't understand how their brains work. I mean obviously, he felt comfortable wearing that shirt with that crowd and I know I'm in the minority in that group. I suppose it would be the same thing with In2 and I hanging out but I'd hope In2 wouldn't be wearing a shirt like that.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Here’s another one he just posted in our poker text group along with his comment and another’s comment. The not-so-innocents identities have been protected. He’s really proud of it.

And for the record, it doesn't make me angry, just disappointed with him and that base. Basically makes me roll my eyes. Honestly, this shirt accomplishes nothing other than to make a judgement on the wearer and its base.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sorry to hear that, Bone. It can get so loud and angry and deflating when politics comes up nowadays; it seems like there's genuine hate between the various disagreeing groups. I find myself asking to "ban" politics talk in various spaces. Like my family just agrees not to talk or fight about Trump/Biden/politics when we have a big gathering like Thanksgiving. And wanting to keep politics stuff out of the NBA section of this board. It just makes everything hard when people start yelling and bickering about this stuff.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 2:22 pm
Sorry to hear that, Bone. It can get so loud and angry and deflating when politics comes up nowadays; it seems like there's genuine hate between the various disagreeing groups. I find myself asking to "ban" politics talk in various spaces. Like my family just agrees not to talk or fight about Trump/Biden/politics when we have a big gathering like Thanksgiving. And wanting to keep politics stuff out of the NBA section of this board. It just makes everything hard when people start yelling and bickering about this stuff.
I totally agree. I try to always take politics out of the equation. But I guess he feels comfortable because he's with "his" people. I don't do this outwardly though and it certainly doesn't help for the two factions to get along when either side flaunts stuff like this.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:27 am
So, I've only been in Arizona for 10 days now and a guy playing poker at a home game I attended last night was wearing a shirt that said something like, paraphrasing here, If you still hate Trump after this shit show Biden is running, then you are an idiot. Something to that effect. I really have no idea of what "shit show" it is referring to.

Should I go out and get an opposing T-shirt for the next game? No, I don't think so. I don't put banners out in my yard and I'm certainly not going to broadcast it on my apparel. Plus, I like this guy. But I just don't understand how their brains work. I mean obviously, he felt comfortable wearing that shirt with that crowd and I know I'm in the minority in that group. I suppose it would be the same thing with In2 and I hanging out but I'd hope In2 wouldn't be wearing a shirt like that.
Don't worry, I have never worn a Trump shirt or would put anything like that on. You would probably never know what my thoughts on politics were if you didn't know me.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 4:35 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:27 am

Don't worry, I have never worn a Trump shirt or would put anything like that on. You would probably never know what my thoughts on politics were if you didn't know me.
Cool. We are the same in that regard.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I thought this was a good video.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There are few things I would less rather watch than a 30 minute RFK video.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm not planning on voting for RFK Jr, but the video was good.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:08 am
For example?...

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:15 am
Mori Chu wrote:
For example?...
A 60 minute Trump video.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:35 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:15 am
Mori Chu wrote:
For example?...
A 60 minute Trump video.
Wow! 60 minutes?! I couldn't handle 30 seconds.

"Be Legendary."