2024 Election

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

2024 Election

Post by Mori Chu »

IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY, MF'ERS!!!!!

I found this informal poll interesting, from CPAC:

I saw that when they did another poll with Donald Trump in it, Trump got 55%, DeSantis 21%, Noem 4%, and down from there.

Interesting. It's clearly still Trump's party at this point, though much can change in 4 years.

Indy

Re: 2024 Election

Post by Indy »

That is just for people attending CPAC in person, right?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:15 am
That is just for people attending CPAC in person, right?
Yes, and it's worth noting that CPAC was held in Orlando, FL, which is DeSantis's home court.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Florida has become the MAGA epicenter.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Speaking of the CPAC:

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That was fantastic.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:31 pm
That was fantastic.
Right?! :D
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Wow!

That was different....

I felt sorry for the singer. That arrangement was very interesting. I’m sure our children are going to love it when they grow up Marty.

Indy

Post by Indy »

holy shit that was amazing.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:58 pm
Wow!

That was different....

I felt sorry for the singer. That arrangement was very interesting. I’m sure our children are going to love it when they grow up Marty.
The arrangement was added after the fact. Here’s the a capella original:

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think every single suns game I have attended had a better performance--even the non-standard ones. And they have to find a new person every single game. Maybe they just picked her out of the audience?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That was one of the most cringe-worthy anthem performances I have ever heard. What rich guy donated enough to get his daughter this singing slot?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:30 pm
I think every single suns game I have attended had a better performance--even the non-standard ones. And they have to find a new person every single game. Maybe they just picked her out of the audience?
Make a Wish?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Here's another interpretation:

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

:o :shock: :(
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

OMG! That was great! Had no idea she sang it a cappella and someone just added keys over the top after the fact. I was blaming the arrangement on screwing her up.

This second video was hilarious. This keyboard player memorized her performance and matched all her key changes perfectly. I have to share that.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:05 pm
OMG! That was great! Had no idea she sang it a cappella and someone just added keys over the top after the fact. I was blaming the arrangement on screwing her up.

This second video was hilarious. This keyboard player memorized her performance and matched all her key changes perfectly. I have to share that.
I thought you were putting me on. I was confused.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have seen arrangements that get pretty wacky. One of my favorites was Whitney Houston in the Superbowl. They took liberties with the chords and it was very cool. The guess I am pretty gullible.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:46 pm
I have seen arrangements that get pretty wacky. One of my favorites was Whitney Houston in the Superbowl. They took liberties with the chords and it was very cool. The guess I am pretty gullible.
Whitney Houston's rendition was my favorite of all time.

This was a hot mess. Changing keys frequently and often (not intentionally) and still being out of tune half the time even within the mini key shift changes if you want to call them that. It was actually just frequent wrong notes and the inability to stay within her starting key. I guarantee you it was meant to be a straightforward rendition.
"Be Legendary."

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:18 pm
Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:46 pm
Whitney Houston's rendition was my favorite of all time.

This was a hot mess. Changing keys frequently and often (not intentionally) and still being out of tune half the time even within the mini key shift changes if you want to call them that. It was actually just frequent wrong notes and the inability to stay within her starting key. I guarantee you it was meant to be a straightforward rendition.
Yeah. This just seemed like a person who is not a professional singer. It's harder to maintain pitch when singing a cappella than a lot of people realize, and the national anthem, while not tremendously technically difficult, does have a pretty wide range (I think it's an octave + a fifth) and some intervals that you have to hit correctly, or it just ends up sounding bad. Like this.