2024 Election

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: 2024 Election

Post by Nodack »

It is a hard song to sing because of the range. Most people just start as low as they are comfortable singing so the high part doesn’t kill you. She was jumping in and out of different time and key signatures. That second keyboard player was cracking me up. Every time she changed keys or time signatures he would act pleasantly surprised and go “OK” as if saying “Oh, OK, you wanna go there huh?” like it was on purpose and she was a genius.

This whole thing has kind of blown up and gone “viral”. The entire country is talking about her horrendous performance. I wonder what it feels like for her today. “Wait, aren’t you the girl that destroyed the National anthem?”

Can you imagine a keyboard player doing that to Rosanne Barr’s rendition? I don’t think Rosanne ever settled on a key. She just sort of screamed it.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Trip down memory lane...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I was trying to forget, Cap!!! I guarantee you I didn’t click on that. Luckily, no one can force me to listen to that.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:01 am
It is a hard song to sing because of the range. Most people just start as low as they are comfortable singing so the high part doesn’t kill you. She was jumping in and out of different time and key signatures. That second keyboard player was cracking me up. Every time she changed keys or time signatures he would act pleasantly surprised and go “OK” as if saying “Oh, OK, you wanna go there huh?” like it was on purpose and she was a genius.

This whole thing has kind of blown up and gone “viral”. The entire country is talking about her horrendous performance. I wonder what it feels like for her today. “Wait, aren’t you the girl that destroyed the National anthem?”

Can you imagine a keyboard player doing that to Rosanne Barr’s rendition? I don’t think Rosanne ever settled on a key. She just sort of screamed it.
It reminded me of a movie I never saw. I think it starred Meryl Streep as a woman who thought she was a good singer but was horrible. People humored her. This girl seemed genuinely pleased with herself as she held and cracked that sustained note near the end. I think she has no idea how horrible of a singer she is.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Maybe this girl shares a name with a professional singer and booking her was another Four Seasons Total Landscaping snafu.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:28 am
Maybe this girl shares a name with a professional singer and booking her was another Four Seasons Total Landscaping snafu.
Ha!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow, it’s really become a big thing to reharmonize. I just watched like three more! These two are good. Love what the first guy does with the cracked held note and the last guy does a fantastic job with embellishments.

"Be Legendary."

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:25 am
Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:01 am

It reminded me of a movie I never saw. I think it starred Meryl Streep as a woman who thought she was a good singer but was horrible. People humored her. This girl seemed genuinely pleased with herself as she held and cracked that sustained note near the end. I think she has no idea how horrible of a singer she is.
Yeah. Not a great movie, although Streep is doing her best, as always.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_ ... ins_(film)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I liked the title of the one. CPAC National Anthem in F, F#, G & G#.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Qanon said Trump will be become President on March 4. It’s March 5th and he’s still not President.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I am sure the goal posts will move again. They always do.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They're already saying that March 20 is the "real" Trump inauguration date they were targeting all along:

https://www.newsweek.com/qanon-theorist ... ag-1573871

The fact that the GOP openly embraces these lunatics (see: the embrace of Marjorie Taylor Greene; Texas's state GOP motto changed to match Q slogan; and many more examples) is yet another sign that they're lost.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So after doing some research on this Q thing(since you guys seemed to push it for some reason), which is full of rabbit holes upon rabbit holes, I can tell you that there is no such thing as Qanon. It's Q and Anons. An Anon is a follower of Q and stands for Anonymous, and can be anyone that posts anonymously. There was no March 4th date set by Q, that's another made up thing. Also, any dates are just made up by the media, since Q never set any dates. Don't believe that crap.

March 4th was the original Inauguration date for the President and it was a theory that Trump got out of the USA Inc. corporate Constitution which is beholden to the Central Bank and essentially owned by the City of London and the Vatican, and back to the original Constitution with a gold backed currency. It would eliminate the Fed and the IRS(which is believed to be a structure in which the US is forever in debt to the Central Bank through interest rate that can never be paid off). There is much much more to this (conspiracy)theory, which mixes a lot of history with some interesting, albeit crazy theories.

https://www.history.com/news/why-does-i ... january-20
The 20th Amendment, which was ratified on January 23, 1933, moved up Inauguration Day to January 20 and the first meeting of the new Congress to January 3.

The 20th Amendment didn’t take effect until October 1933, after the long lame-duck period once again proved problematic. With the U.S. in the throes of the Great Depression, incoming President Franklin D. Roosevelt had to wait four months to implement his New Deal while uncertainty further roiled financial markets. January 20 first served as Inauguration Day in 1937 when Roosevelt was sworn in for a second term. (On years when January 20 is a Sunday, a private swearing-in ceremony occurs with the public oath of office taken on January 21.)
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Dems didn’t make up QAnon. Republicans did. The Dems didn’t elect a Congresswoman who claims she is a Q supporter. The Republicans did. Dems weren’t flying Q flags and carrying Q signs at every single Trump rally and Capital riot. Trump supporters were. I have been reading the news today and Republicans have changed their stance overnight. Now according to Republicans there never was a QAnon and there are no QAnon supporters who are Republicans. It is the Dems who made up QAnon and most Republicans have never heard of it...as of today.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm no expert by any means, but I stand by what I said. I could go on and on about this, as I've learned more about it in a little over a week than probably any subject in my life. It really is rabbit hole upon rabbit hole upon rabbit hole. It's fascinating and entertaining at the same time, and some of it is playing out in real life as we speak which makes it even more fascinating.

I didn't say that Dems made up Q, but someone who doesn't know all that much about it amalgamated Q and the Anons into Qanon, and that's an immediate TELL that they don't know what they are talking about. And when you use dates or "Qanon", the followers just shake their head at your ignorance.

Not all Reps are Q supporters, and not all Q supporters are Reps. As people started to look into it, they became believers in it and what was happening from what I can tell. Of course Dems didn't elect a Q supporter or flying flags or carrying Q signs, lol. To say that no Republicans are followers of Qanon, is somewhat a play with words, since to them there is no such thing as Qanon. I would say that the vast majority of Q followers are in fact Republicans and/or voted Republican this last election though.

It is said that Q is made up of a group of more than 5 and less than 10 and they include Military Intelligence. They've stopped posting since Dec, from what I can tell, and some think that they were infiltrated and/or taken over by other entities which then became a psyop. I have no idea if that theory is correct or not.

Ever wonder why nothing has come of these "credible intel" that some attack is eminent at the State Capitols or Washington yesterday or some arbitrary date in the future? They are laughing their @$$es off at the Dems panic over this and the continued occupation of razor wire fencing and NG troops in DC. That's the truth. There is so much theatre over this, it's actually kind of hilarious if you step back and think about it.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think Q is a made up stupid thing. Dems don’t believe in it. They think it’s stupid made up thing by conspiracy loving Republicans. Is there a real threat? If half the Republicans believe the BS, it makes it real to them. I don’t care of they are laughing their asses off. There wasn’t a threat from Trump supporters on Jan 6th until there was. The FBI isn’t laughing their asses off. They are arresting these people. Yes, having razor wire and a fence surrounding the Capital is ridiculous. It would be nice if we didn’t have to worry about Magaterrorists attacking our Democracy.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... -theories/
More than a dozen 2020 U.S. House and Senate candidates have engaged with the collection of conspiracy theories known as QAnon. At least two of those candidates won their races and will be heading to Congress in 2021.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/ ... ba77f25231
Some 56% of Republicans believe that QAnon, a far-right conspiracy theory, is mostly or partly true, according to a new Daily Kos/Civiqs poll released Wednesday, a remarkably high number considering many of the outlandish assertions espoused by QAnon supporters.

QAnon supporters claim President Trump is defending the planet from a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles (consisting mostly of Hollywood celebrities, liberal politicians and "deep-state" government officials) who are running a secret child sex-trafficking ring.

The FBI has identified QAnon conspiracy theorists as “extremists” who pose a potential domestic terror threat.

President Trump drew criticism late last month after he declined to denounce QAnon, with the president claiming they “love America” and stating, “I understand that they like me very much, which I appreciate.”

https://www.newsweek.com/qanon-poll-bel ... ol-1566034
QAnon Beliefs Plummet Among Republicans After Capitol Riots: Poll

https://www.businessinsider.com/30-of-r ... oll-2021-1
30% of Republicans have 'favorable' view of QAnon conspiracy theory, YouGov poll finds

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 725567001/
Half of Trump supporters believe in QAnon conspiracy theory's baseless claims, poll finds

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Of course it's not believed by Dems, because it's not something that puts "their guys" in a good light. The theory is that 95% of Congress is irredeemable, corrupt and compromised in some way. It's not just Dems. It's a large theory & psyop that doesn't have the "right wing" militias or general Reps from taking up arms to overthrow the government. If you think that's what it is, then you are quite mistaken.

How many arms were taken from the "armed Magaterrorists"(which Pelosi says they were armed) that were involved in the insurrection? The question was asked to the FBI Director Wray yesterday. Wray said, "None, that I know of." How many shots were fired? Only 1, by the security that shot and killed Ashley Babbitt. If this was a planned insurrection by Magaterrorists, it was the poorest planned insurrection everrrrrr.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Well, trump and his supporters were never charged with being smart.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:55 pm
Well, trump and his supporters were never charged with being smart.
Haha! Wouldn't you think that it applies for both sides?