NY Gov. Cuomo scandal

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: NY Gov. Cuomo scandal

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 am
The GOP is no longer trying to actually grow their base so that they can win elections. They want to denounce, subvert, erode, and overturn elections. That's their pathway to power in 2022 and 2024. If the Democrats don't protect voting rights and tighten the ways that votes are counted and electoral votes are cast, the Republicans are going to literally overturn the 2024 Presidential election.
They won't have to 'over-turn' it if they continue their extreme gerrymandering. Once they do that, they can pass state laws that cut out non-partisan folks from the election process and allow governors or state senates to 'certify' election results before they go to Congress. Then the coup will be legal...

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/nyre ... eport.html
Assembly Report on Cuomo Contains Grounds for Impeachment, Lawmaker Says
A report set to be made public next week sheds new light on the Cuomo administration’s manipulation of nursing home death data and the former governor’s $5.1 million book deal.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

CNN fires Chris Cuomo
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/04/media/cn ... index.html
"When Chris admitted to us that he had offered advice to his brother's staff, he broke our rules and we acknowledged that publicly," the network said in a statement. "But we also appreciated the unique position he was in and understood his need to put family first and job second."
"However," the network said, "these documents point to a greater level of involvement in his brother's efforts than we previously knew. As a result, we have suspended Chris indefinitely, pending further evaluation."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, saw that. Big time news as he was the number 1 anchor on CNN. Good for CNN. Gotta keep journalistic integrity at all costs.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think they made the right decision. His behavior was inappropriate, and they can't just let that go when his job was to be a supposedly trusted on-air newsman.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Tough position to be in for him. Good decision getting him off the air for awhile.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It sounds like there was a sexual misconduct allegation against Chris Cuomo himself, which accelerated his departure.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/05/attorne ... iring.html

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:53 pm
Tough position to be in for him. Good decision getting him off the air for awhile.
Is it though? If my brother were accused by numerous women of sexual harassment, I wouldn't be going out of my way to help him.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

You would automatically assume he was guilty and go on the air attacking him? You don’t think being a news anchor and having to report that kind of news about your brother would be a difficult position to be in? I can say I wouldn’t enjoy it or find it easy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:03 am
You would automatically assume he was guilty and go on the air attacking him? You don’t think being a news anchor and having to report that kind of news about your brother would be a difficult position to be in? I can say I wouldn’t enjoy it or find it easy.
It isn't a binary choice between (go on air attacking my own brother) and (inappropriately use my connections as a journalist to try to smear my brother's accusers). Cuomo could have and should have just completely stayed out of the situation and let it resolve itself without his intervention.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:52 am
Nodack wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:03 am
It isn't a binary choice between (go on air attacking my own brother) and (inappropriately use my connections as a journalist to try to smear my brother's accusers). Cuomo could have and should have just completely stayed out of the situation and let it resolve itself without his intervention.
EXACTLY. You don't talk about it publicly or use your position privately to smear people.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is Chris Cuomo's former producer and producer of the morning show "New Day".

CNN Staffer John Griffin Charged With Enticing Moms, Daughters Into 'Sexual Activity'
Brendan Cole - Saturday

https://www.newsweek.com/john-griffin-c ... bi-1658485

A CNN employee has been charged with three counts of using a facility of interstate commerce to sexually abuse underage girls.

John Griffin, 44, of Stamford, Connecticut, was arrested on Friday by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), according to a statement by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Vermont.

The indictment says that between April and July 2020, he used Google Hangouts and Kik to communicate with people purporting to be the parents of underage girls.

He allegedly used the applications to say that women should be "sexually subservient and inferior to men" and that a "woman is a woman regardless of her age."

"On these communication platforms, Griffin sought to persuade parents to allow him to train their daughters to be sexually submissive," the indictment said.

Griffin works as a senior producer at CNN, where he has worked since 2013, according to his LinkedIn profile.

Spoiler: show/hide
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yikes.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey, In2, now that Chris Wallace will be working for CNN, you are going to post conspiracy theories about him being a pedo, right?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

No one has started a thread on conspiracy theories, so it doesn't seem prudent. Does he have connections to Epstein & Epstein's Pedo Island?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'll ask Donald and get back to you. ;-)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

There is another CNN Producer that's in trouble for the same thing now. Rick Saleeby, a producer for Jake Tapper's program has resigned over the investigation and allegations that have been uncovered. What is going on at CNN?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:52 pm
There is another CNN Producer that's in trouble for the same thing now. Rick Saleeby, a producer for Jake Tapper's program has resigned over the investigation and allegations that have been uncovered. What is going on at CNN?
Your channel is fascist propaganda.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:14 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:52 pm
Oh yeah? What's my channel? You throw out this word "fascist" without any examples, which isn't a great look.

I'm asking what is going on at CNN and you act like I'm attacking you personally. So weird. Do you work for CNN now? I'm not even attacking them, just asking for an explanation on what is happening. Toobin, Cuomo, Griffin, and now Saleeby in a relatively short period of time.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:33 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:14 pm
Oh yeah? What's my channel? You throw out this word "fascist" without any examples, which isn't a great look.

I'm asking what is going on at CNN and you act like I'm attacking you personally. So weird. Do you work for CNN now? I'm not even attacking them, just asking for an explanation on what is happening. Toobin, Cuomo, Griffin, and now Saleeby in a relatively short period of time.
Sorry for teasing you. I was of course talking about Fox as the fascist propaganda. I don't ever watch CNN nor care much about who is or isn't on that channel. If anyone at CNN does something inappropriate or illegal, of course I favor their being removed from the network. Beyond that I don't know or care much.