Immigration

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Immigration

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:31 pm
I can't fathom what causes so many people to devoting so much of their precious little time and energy on this Earth to being angry about immigrants. Do you encounter these horrible immigrants? Do they attack you? Do they do anything to you? Do you visit the border often? I am surprised the issue is so top-of-mind.
I have nothing against immigrants, nor am I angry, even though you are trying to make this about not liking immigrants and angry about it. What kind of fallacy is that again? Good job, Professor.

I think that there should be some changes made to immigration to let more legal immigrants in. I'm not for illegal immigration via an invasion at these ungodly numbers. 80% of Dems are for securing the border and think it's out of control, but those here want to lie about it to win an argument by disparaging others.

If you hadn't noticed, it's out of control and it's in the news every day. So it's obviously top-of-mind, unless you have your head buried in the sand.

In fact, Dr. Phil was on the View today talking about it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How this is not a serious country. Did you all get the memo on what you must call them now? Have any of you offered your home to house some of these "newcomers"?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Is this what you've decided to be mad about today? Who cares about the use of some word?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:36 am
Is this what you've decided to be mad about today? Who cares about the use of some word?
I'm not mad. I think it's ridiculous, but I hope you guys all use it from now on. That would be funny.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This was a text in my Arizona poker group chat made up of mostly right-wingers:

"New program... A state department program is offering interest free, penalty free loans for any illegals to have their whole family fly in to the US. Funded by the US and run by the UN. Google it if you don't believe it. Try to get a loan like that for yourself..."

Followed by a typical response:

"Crazy shit. Sad how these politicians just keep giving away our tax money to illegals, while our deficit continues to grow exponentially. We know which party does this and why they're doing it 😡👎"

Yeah, I'm sure anybody in the world can get a free loan to immigrate to the US. Easy peasy. I don't bother responding to these guys.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If the ghost of Christmas Yet To Come came we could go 5 years into the future and see a future with Biden and one with Trump as President.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:59 pm
If the ghost of Christmas Yet To Come came we could go 5 years into the future and see a future with Biden and one with Trump as President.
I'm curious what you imagine with either scenario, and if you thought 3 1/2 years ago that the country would be in a proxy war in two locations, and another one about to start in Tiawan, along with heavy inflation costs today?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We aren't in a proxy war in two locations, nor are we about to start one with Taiwan. And inflation has slowed. Your description is quite inaccurate.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:16 pm
We aren't in a proxy war in two locations, nor are we about to start one with Taiwan. And inflation has slowed. Your description is quite inaccurate.
Plus the fascist state crap.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Israel and Ukraine which are essentially the two proxy war locations. You better tell China that there isn't going to be a war for Taiwan. Inflation went up, and although it's slowed, it doesn't magically go down. The prices won't ever come down. So being honest, you would add them together to figure out what rate it actually increased from 3 yrs ago. You pray it goes to only 1.5 % per year, but it's more than double that and came in higher than it was expected last quarter.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

My mother loved Biden when he announced he was running for President. Then FOX News got a hold of her and then she said if he was elected we would all be in bread lines afterwards. Trump promised the stock market would crash among other horrific things. On break at a gig. Got to go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Is that what you predicted? What was your prediction for either side?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

My prediction? What was your prediction?

FOX and Trump predicted chaos and total ruin if Biden was elected. It scared my mom to death. Then Biden took office and none of that BS happened.

Trump paints apocalyptic portrait of life in US under Biden
https://apnews.com/article/election-202 ... 45797bc902
WASHINGTON (AP) — The suburbs wouldn’t be the suburbs anymore, the economy would sink into its worst depression ever and police departments would cease to exist. Even America’s older adults would be left to figure out how to get by without heat, air conditioning or electricity.

“He’ll bury you in regulations, dismantle your police departments, dissolve our borders, confiscate your guns, terminate religious liberty, destroy your suburbs,”

Trump claims Biden win would cause depression despite economists' forecast
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-econ ... very-jobs/

Now
In CPAC speech, Trump predicts ‘losing World War III’ if he is not elected
https://newjerseymonitor.com/2024/02/24 ... t-elected/

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well, that's how I feel about another Trump reign. If it does happen, we'll see, I guess. I'm not sure the country could recover from another reign of terror from him. That's if he even leaves at the end of the four years.

About the subject, has anybody here experienced any affect of this "mass migration" into our country by "rapists and killers"? I haven't personally been affected in any way or seen any consequences.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I had some family friends that had some break into their home and hid in their attic in North Phoenix and the father had to confront them physically.

Other than that, I've only seen & interacted with them at the airport, on almost every flight from Phoenix & Dallas I've had. I sat next to a kid on the way to Boston. Nothing negative myself.

Obviously, the vast most of us haven't had a Lakin Riley experience.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:34 am
My prediction? What was your prediction?

FOX and Trump predicted chaos and total ruin if Biden was elected. It scared my mom to death. Then Biden took office and none of that BS happened.

Trump paints apocalyptic portrait of life in US under Biden
https://apnews.com/article/election-202 ... 45797bc902
WASHINGTON (AP) — The suburbs wouldn’t be the suburbs anymore, the economy would sink into its worst depression ever and police departments would cease to exist. Even America’s older adults would be left to figure out how to get by without heat, air conditioning or electricity.

“He’ll bury you in regulations, dismantle your police departments, dissolve our borders, confiscate your guns, terminate religious liberty, destroy your suburbs,”

Trump claims Biden win would cause depression despite economists' forecast
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-econ ... very-jobs/

Now
In CPAC speech, Trump predicts ‘losing World War III’ if he is not elected
https://newjerseymonitor.com/2024/02/24 ... t-elected/
I'm not talking about the picture of what other people believed. I'm asking what your particular predictions were at the time. I'm only asking because you asked everyone to think of what life will be like in the next 5 years if each wins separately. Is life what you thought it would be if Biden won?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:42 pm
Is life what you thought it would be if Biden won?
Biden did win. I'll answer for myself. My life is better than ever. I was able to retire on Joe's watch. My net worth has gone up considerably since I retired 10 months ago. Whereas Trump left us with a world changing pandemic! :P

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I just realized that (if I get my butt in gear and sell my house) my vote may actually make a difference in the upcoming election when I will be in Arizona.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:00 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:42 pm
Is life what you thought it would be if Biden won?
Biden did win. I'll answer for myself. My life is better than ever. I was able to retire on Joe's watch. My net worth has gone up considerably since I retired 10 months ago. Whereas Trump left us with a world changing pandemic! :P
You answered a question I posed to Nodack that I actually didn't ask. The question wasn't what happened to you. I'm ecstatic for you, and I hope your luck continues.

The question was what did you imagine 3.5 years ago if either was voted in? So you could give me what you saw in the future for the country if Trump was voted in, but from the view of looking into the future 3.5 yrs ago. Along with what you thought the world was going to be like if Biden was voted in. Don't get it twisted.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump gave me what I thought. Chaos. Every US Institution was the enemy of the people.

Biden gave me what I expected and hoped for, a normal boring President without all the BS conspiracies.