Immigration

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Immigration

Post by In2ition »

There is a lot of stuff you would assume that I would post, but in reality I don't.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Apparently the tragic bridge collapse in Baltimore this morning was caused by the "open border", lol:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I haven't seen anything that says this was a terror attack, let alone caused by the open border. It's crazy that they went there with it, trying to tie it together like a soup bowl tied to car bumper with a limp noodle.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

These are your people.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:52 am
These are your people.
We all have some dead weight in our families, it's not just limited to Republicans/Conservatives. Just to be clear.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

To be fair, though In2 is a tried and true MAGA Republican, he doesn't agree with literally 100% of random things said on Fox News, no more than somebody else agrees with every random CNN or MSNBC comment. And he has explicitly disagreed with the comment above in this thread.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's fair. I'll take it, even if there were elements of a left-handed compliment, haha.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is interesting information, imo. Is this common for these ships?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:13 am
I would be pissed if someone tried that. I would be like, This is my house and they say you can stay on as a tenant even though there is no contract signed and you pay nothing? Well I live her too an I really like death metal at high volumes so, I am going to play death metal at excruciating volumes 24/7. I hope you don’t mind…
You had the right idea. Apparently, this is one of the only ways to successfully get rid of squatters. Squat on the squatter. Good information.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That's ridiculous. How long does it take to change from breaking and entering to squatting?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Apparently, LeBron was very very concerned about this, as it's only 2 homes down from his place. He's had to increase his security team.

Squatters seize Beverly Hills mansion near LeBron James’ new home
By Mary K. Jacob
Published March 22, 2024, 4:30 p.m. ET
https://nypost.com/2024/03/22/real-esta ... ills-home/
Beverly Grove Place, a quaint enclave adjacent to Beverly Hills, has long been a coveted address for the rich and famous.

With basketball icon LeBron James recently erecting a lavish abode, and power couple Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck dropping a cool $61 million on a compound last year, it seemed the epitome of exclusivity.

However, shock waves rippled through the neighborhood when reports surfaced of squatters taking up residence just down the block from James’s forthcoming mansion at 1316 Beverly Grove Place from October 2023 to February 2024, according to Curbed.

Contrary to the image of struggling locals unable to afford Los Angeles’s exorbitant rents, these weren’t downtrodden individuals seeking shelter.

Rather, they were opportunistic grifters, exploiting a neglected mansion to masquerade as affluent socialites and host extravagant soirees.

Morgan Gargiulo, an aspiring actor, spearheaded the operation, fabricating a fake lease to establish his claim over the mansion without facing legal repercussions, according to the outlet.

The 5,900-square-foot property, which had been on sale since last August for $4.6 million, was seemingly fair game.

Gargiulo infiltrated what’s often dubbed the “most exclusive ZIP code in America,” that being 90210.

It all highlights a troubling trend of squatting incidents in even the most affluent neighborhoods.

His nights were a blur of relentless revelry, with parties raging five evenings a week, each demanding hefty admission fees ranging from $500 to $1,500.

The ambiance was carefully curated, complete with rave lights, Warhol-esque prints and a disco ball, creating an illusion of opulence.

Gargiulo’s makeshift empire accommodated not only him but also his fiancée and a rotating cast of friends.

He even turned a profit by renting out bedrooms at rates ranging from $150 to $300 per night, albeit without actually providing lodging.

Some guests were offered accommodation in exchange for cleaning services.

Despite neighbors’ outcry over the disruptive festivities, Gargiulo asserted his tenancy rights whenever challenged, citing his purported lease.

Law enforcement intervention proved futile.

Legal recourse finally materialized in January this year when eviction proceedings were initiated against the squatters.

Sensing the tide turning against them, they struck a deal with the property’s current owner to vacate last month.

The prolonged ordeal underscores the perils of absentee ownership, compounded by a convoluted legal battle over the mansion’s ownership amid a fraud scandal involving its former proprietor.

How Gargiulo managed to seize the property remains unclear.

Efforts to seek redress were stymied at every turn, with law enforcement citing civil matters and legal complexities.

The frustration felt by residents was palpable, with one lamenting, “Welcome to California, thanks liberals.”

Despite California law deeming squatting illegal, “adverse possession” statutes allow squatters to stake a claim over a property after five years of uninterrupted occupancy.

While Gargiulo hadn’t met this threshold, his gambit highlighted the flaws in California’s legal framework.

With the mansion reverting to its rightful owner, Adel Yamout, in December, legal proceedings are underway to ensure such incidents are not repeated.

Split T

Post by Split T »

This stuff still just doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t know how they aren’t just arrested for trespassing or breaking and entering.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I believe that the current laws favor squatters, and people are learning how to use the system to their benefit. I was surprised that if they could be in the house uninterrupted for 5 years that it's then theirs. That's crazy.

My father-in-law has 100 acres of land in WV, but the previous owner's family got part of it, because my father-in-law felt bad that it had a small family cemetery on it. We visited it a couple summers ago, and we found out that they've built a hunting cabin on it with all the necessities, and I think they use the land for hunting and weekend getaways. The road up to it was blocked off as Private, so it was a little unnerving driving up to check out the land, worried that we would get shot. They've essentially been on the land for almost 50 years uninterrupted, even though my father-in-law has been paying property taxes on it the whole time. I don't know if they will ever get it back. I thought they should sell the lumber on it, and then sell the land. Let someone else deal with them.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

A lot of people are sneaking in through ND, mostly Chinese.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We need a Nothern Border Wall! :)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Chef's kiss.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's not just kids that are starving. You could add the homeless and veterans too. A lot of people in this country are hurting, and it feels like it won't get solved by stopping immigration either. We'll just send more money to other countries and kick the can down the road again.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is obviously not immigration, but we talked about the bridge here.
FBI opens criminal probe in Baltimore bridge collapse; fourth body recovered
By Susan Heavey, Brendan O'Brien and Kanishka Singh
April 15, 20245:07 PM MST
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fbi-op ... 024-04-15/
WASHINGTON, April 15 (Reuters) - The FBI said on Monday it opened a criminal probe into the collapse of a Baltimore bridge in March when a ship crashed into a bridge support, while local officials confirmed the recovery of a fourth body from the incident.
FBI agents boarded the cargo ship Dali to conduct court-authorized law enforcement activity regarding the crash, an FBI spokesperson said. The spokesperson said there was no other public information available and the bureau will have no further comment.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Dems in the Biden Admin don't care about kids being trafficked. It's shameful.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This ties into the NGOs that facilitate child trafficking. Here is the Governor of New Mexico talking to the Chief of Staff of Mayorkas and saying that she 'looked the other way' on this stuff. Disgusting.

Guess who used to be on the board of the NGO 'Save the Children' that's been stealing kids from Guatemala?