Israel / Palestine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Israel / Palestine

Post by Nodack »

I would imagine aid for Israel would be the first casualty of the red line.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:11 pm
What do you think he should do about it?
I would hope that if Israel crosses this red line, we begin to pull our aid at a minimum.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Those statistical arguments are not taking into account the fact that the reporting could be numbers they received that day, not necessarily that those people died on that day. Sort of like we had confusion in the US over the Covid death counts, when sometimes new reports would include deaths that happened awhile back.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Chef Jose Andres (hero) is leading efforts to bring in much needed food by boat to Gaza.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

That’s awesome. I hope it makes it to the people that need it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If it doesn’t, the worst that happens is some Hamas members get to eat instead of Palestinian citizens. That sucks but, doesn’t add much to the security risk if that happens other than the IDF meeting well nourished Hamas instead of starving Hamas. I guess that doesn’t help the IDF. At this point I think the priority for America (Biden) is not allowing the Palestinian people to starve under our watch when we are supplying Israel with some of the weapons used on these people. We have US air drops and now ships coming in with supplies.

I get the Israel response. Their people were brutally killed in the most inhumane ways and now they have vengeance in their hearts. Giving aid to the Palestinians seems unfathomable to some of them. After this war Palestinians giving aid to any Israeli will be unfathomable and the cycle of death will live on.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump weighs in on Jews voting blue.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump can real a real dick when he wants to be. So transparent in his true intentions. More Trump trying to divide and conquer by shaming people. Even in his attempts to get donations he shames people to get them to donate. If I was Jewish his comment would anger me greatly.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I know I mostly post pro-Palestine stuff in this thread. But let's not be confused; Hamas are pieces of shit and are Bad Guys for sure.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The situation in Gaza right now is absolutely nuts. The people there are basically 100% in famine and under threat of bombing and death at all times. I cannot imagine the level of suffering.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

What happened to the air drops and the ships bringing in supplies from the sea?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

U.S. Still Developing Gaza Pier Details as Crews Work to Prepare Components
https://news.usni.org/2024/03/18/u-s-st ... -assembled
Two weeks after President Biden ordered the Pentagon to build a pier to ferry humanitarian aid to the war-torn residents of Gaza, the steel chunks that will make up the promised lifeline have been coming together in Newport News, Va.

Army, Navy and civilian stevedores are now massed at the Port of Virginia’s Newport News Marine Terminal working 24 hours a day. They are loading the pieces of the modular causeway and other equipment that will build the pier to Gaza and the floating dock two miles offshore. Under the current plan, the cargo ships will drop off aid at offshore to be ferried to the pier by U.S. Army watercraft, U.S. Navy Capt. Jamie Murdock, commodore of Military Sealift Command Atlantic, told reporters on Friday.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:37 am
What happened to the air drops and the ships bringing in supplies from the sea?
Some supplies have come in, but it isn't enough. They can't bring in enough food to feed all the starving people given all the limits on the supply lines.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I wonder if the 5 killed in a airdrop previously caused a little bit of second guessing as to how to do it and slowed down the aid, even though they obviously need much much more.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I read where that particular drop’s parachute failed and it came down at speed.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I read the same. I'd rather die from an airdrop unexpectedly on my head at gravitational speed than from starvation, tbh.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Me too.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

US says Palestinians are close to changing ‘pay for slay’ program
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/2 ... m-00149734
The U.S. is near a deal with the Palestinian Authority to end its contentious “martyr payments” for people who commit acts of violence against Israel, two Biden administration officials said.

The “martyr payments” program financially supports Palestinians and their families if they are wounded, imprisoned or killed while carrying out acts of violence against Israel. It has long infuriated Israelis who say it incentivizes terrorism and call it “pay for slay.” Many Palestinians say it provides crucial support for people standing up to an oppressive Israeli occupation.

They have to make a deal with the Palestinians to stop them from paying its citizens to carry out acts of violence against Israel? That’s an actual government program of theirs? Pretty unbelievable.