Abortion

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Abortion

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:05 am
They're just going to shut down all the fertility clinics in that state because nobody would want the potential legal liability.
That would be sad, especially with the drops in fertility and sperm counts on the decline over the years.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:56 am
Mori Chu wrote:
They're just going to shut down all the fertility clinics in that state because nobody would want the potential legal liability.
That would be sad, especially with the drops in fertility and sperm counts on the decline over the years.
Because half the country is out of shape which is a whole other issue. And no, that's not a Democrat or Republican issue. It's an American issue.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:07 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Because half the country is out of shape which is a whole other issue. And no, that's not a Democrat or Republican issue. It's an American issue.
I agree that it's not a Dem or Rep issue. I think that sperm counts have been in decline everywhere in the Western world.

Are you saying that out of shape people are the ones with low sperm counts?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:42 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
I agree that it's not a Dem or Rep issue. I think that sperm counts have been in decline everywhere in the Western world.

Yes, pretty sure it is a scientific fact that healthy people have higher sperm counts. Those with less visceral fat and extra body fat in general. Obesity has increased greatly since the 1970s.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:48 pm
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Yes, pretty sure it is a scientific fact that healthy people have higher sperm counts. Those with less visceral fat and extra body fat in general. Obesity has increased greatly since the 1970s.
In some ways, I think that's probably true, but it's been going down for every category. Even in healthy weighted people(now you're going to get the weightist class after me), the sperm count has been declining.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:54 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

In some ways, I think that's probably true, but it's been going down for every category. Even in healthy weighted people(now you're going to get the weightist class after me), the sperm count has been declining.
Do we know why?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:16 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:54 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Do we know why?
I've seen people talk about how the decline started in the 60's and corresponded with the introduction of birth control pills. The birth control pills get in the water supply and has raised the amount of estrogen in the water supply. They are attributing it to that, and perhaps that's another factor in weight gain in men over the years too. I do not know for sure though.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

People seem to be managing to get pregnant still.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Irrelevant to the discussion of declining fertility rates. Yes, you are correct, it is not at zero yet.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I believe a lot of the fertility has something to do so do with the Western diet and the way it's manufactured and chemically altered. You pair bad food with bad habits and your body doesn't produce things optimally, I don't think it goes a lot deeper than that.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think that also plays a part in it. It doesn't exactly explain why Europe is having the same problems, since most of the bad stuff the US sells is banned in Europe.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am
Wow. My wife and I have some IVF embryos. It would be nuts if they all had to be used.

Trump agrees with you, and comes out against this ruling.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This will be fascinating. The only thing Trump did that went against his party is to promote vaccines. It didn’t hurt him. They just ignored him. Him going against the party on this will be a true test of his power over the party.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:18 pm
I believe a lot of the fertility has something to do so do with the Western diet and the way it's manufactured and chemically altered. You pair bad food with bad habits and your body doesn't produce things optimally, I don't think it goes a lot deeper than that.
And that's one of the same reasons why obesity is way up since the 1970s. All these new ultra processed foods.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This seems like an extreme position that is going to cost the GOP some votes.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:40 am
This seems like an extreme position that is going to cost the GOP some votes.

It's never how they portray the bill. If it's being portrayed this way, I am thinking that there is some poison pill in the bill that they aren't saying here. "That's how politics work" - anonymous

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

TOO wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:18 pm
I would also add toxic chemicals in general in the environment (VOCs, chemicals in skin/hair products, etc.) could have something to do with it. Even laptops have been implicated (“scrotal hyperthermia”).
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Curious.... How much further they wanna take this with the IVF stuff? What's next? Jerking off is murder?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:37 am
Curious.... How much further they wanna take this with the IVF stuff? What's next? Jerking off is murder?
I've killed civilizations.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Lol!