Abortion

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Abortion

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:48 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:41 am
Hannity is running away from this extremist abortion ban. But isn't that what he wants? Republicans have really screwed the pooch on this one.

It's obvious that you have dismissed, not considered or haven't even read my takes on this, based on what you are saying here. I don't believe that any fair minded Republican or Conservative thinks that this was a great decision or truly endorses it, and across the board, they believe that exceptions need to be made for incest and rape. They also aren't keen on the punishment turning into arrests and/or jail time.
How can they not when they just decided to go with it in Arizona?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:04 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:48 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:41 am
Hannity is running away from this extremist abortion ban. But isn't that what he wants? Republicans have really screwed the pooch on this one.

It's obvious that you have dismissed, not considered or haven't even read my takes on this, based on what you are saying here. I don't believe that any fair minded Republican or Conservative thinks that this was a great decision or truly endorses it, and across the board, they believe that exceptions need to be made for incest and rape. They also aren't keen on the punishment turning into arrests and/or jail time.
How can they not when they just decided to go with it in Arizona?
The ruling by the AZ Supreme Court on the merits of the case should not be construded as the feeling of the Republicans in office or the populous of Republicans in AZ on the issue of abortion and how it should be law. You aren't supposed to legislate from the bench, but the bench is supposed to rule if a law is lawful to the constitution, no? Am I wrong?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don't believe that any fair minded Republican or Conservative thinks that this was a great decision or truly endorses it, and across the board.
Not what I am getting. It seemed to me the entire Republican party wanted this until it started backfiring on them. Now they are all backpedaling as fast as they can.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:41 am
I don't believe that any fair minded Republican or Conservative thinks that this was a great decision or truly endorses it, and across the board.
Not what I am getting. It seemed to me the entire Republican party wanted this until it started backfiring on them. Now they are all backpedaling as fast as they can.
No, not even close.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think if you took a poll here, you wouldn’t like the outcome.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Of course, I wouldn't expect a poll to go my way in the Politics section of the Phxsuns.net forum. If there are conservatives on here, they may be afraid, lol.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Or embarrassed.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Republicans want abortion banned. They're just backpedaling on it now because they're starting to realize how unpopular that is, and how it will probably fuck them in the 2024 elections.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Yep

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

More great abortion messaging from Trump.

Cap

Post by Cap »

What about people’s rights?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Power and control > People
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Tyler Kolek.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I thought a total abortion ban wasn't the policy of the Republican party any more? Someone made that claim here. And yet it seems they plan to keep it:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Oh boy. Establishment GOP strikes again. No accounting for losing.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Here we go Nazis, here we go!
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Tyler Kolek.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The end-goal for Republicans: ban abortion, ban IVF, ban birth control.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:36 am
The end-goal for some fringe Republicans: ban abortion, ban IVF, ban birth control.

Fixed it for you, unless you want to also be associated with a fringe views of your party too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Your party actively enacts these policies into law through bills and court decisions. It's not on the fringe if you actually get it made into law in many parts of the country.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump sees that the GOP all out war on abortion is costing them dearly and has decided to give Maga permission to make an abrupt move to the left. Isn’t that nice of him?

Trump gave MAGA politicians permission to move left on abortion. Some are taking it.
https://www.semafor.com/article/04/15/2 ... -taking-it
Donald Trump has openly declared abortion a political liability for the GOP — and some anti-abortion advocates fear his latest stance has given allied Republicans the green light to move left, potentially endangering their hard-fought gains at the state level.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am
Your party actively enacts these policies into law through bills and court decisions. It's not on the fringe if you actually get it made into law in many parts of the country.
And your party does the same, and you know it.