Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Trump 2024

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:34 am
The America First movement started in 1940.

I am sure there are varying degrees of Trump cultism out there. Some are totally under his spell and would jump off a cliff if asked. Some I’m sure just vote Republican because they are Republicans and dislike Dems. In general though Trump IS the party and whatever he says is the stance of the party even though he holds no office.
I don't think there are anyone that is quite that extreme of jumping off a cliff, and if there is, I would be totally surprised by that. I really think the cult thing is made up in people heads and overplayed.

Trump is the leader of the party, but the America First movement is one that started recently and not the one from 1940 that no one alive even remembers. That would be like people saying that the Tea Party movement started in 1773.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think most if not all the stunts that have been pulled recently by the GOP have already been used by the Republicans in earlier decades. Your favorite Democrat Racheal Maddox has shown us this. In her podcasts.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:10 pm
I think most if not all the stunts that have been pulled recently by the GOP have already been used by the Republicans in earlier decades. Your favorite Democrat Racheal Maddox has shown us this. In her podcasts.
The conspiracy theorist and disinformation purveyor, Rachel Maddow?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

More like historical facts you can look up in a dictionary… if they weren’t all fake of course.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:51 am
Just think of it. If I donate some money to Trump it will have a 1000% impact. How could I possibly miss that opportunity?
Can you give him negative money?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:13 pm
Nodack wrote:
Just think of it. If I donate some money to Trump it will have a 1000% impact. How could I possibly miss that opportunity?
That would be funny. Donate -$5,000 get -$50,000 in return in impact and make money for yourself.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:33 pm
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
That would be funny. Donate -$5,000 get -$50,000 in return in impact and make money for yourself.
:D Thanks for having a sense of humor about it.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:44 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:33 pm
Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:
:D Thanks for having a sense of humor about it.
No worries. I can appreciate humor.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Lara Trump just became RNC co-chair and today I got seven different messages from them asking for money.

Lara Trump: My father-in-law needs your endorsement.

Will you be voting for President Trump in November?

Lock-in your answer >> https://m.conservhelp.com/BfA6neEwnx
Reply Stop to Stop

Lara Trump, RNC Co-Chair:

Pres. Trump is ready to get to work for YOU & I need to make sure he has your support.

Tell me HERE: https://m.conservhelp.com/uSFcm5aE5ic
Reply Stop to Stop

To: Lara Trump

Your name is missing on Lara's card!

Congratulate her on her new role at the RNC before it's too late >> https://m.conservhelp.com/pJarcTfQSHe
Reply Stop to Stop

From Trump: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Please tell me you'll at least answer question 1.

Take my MAGA POLL now: https://e.securegop.com/otlJTL9nG7b
Reply Stop to Stop

This is RNC Co-Chair Lara Trump.

President Trump's presumptive victory in the GOP Primary has given our Party unstoppable momentum heading into November.

Now, I'm calling on the most loyal Patriots in the Republican Party to help us seize this opportunity and post a MASSIVE number for the Chairman's First Deadline Goal. >> https://m.conservhelp.com/AH0btCaan5j

Winning in November won't be easy, and we're counting on the support of every loyal Trump Patriot to ensure we have the resources to beat the Democrats up and down the ballot.

That's why I'm offering you a 1000% Impact
Offer when you contribute any amount towards our Chairman's First Deadline Goal.

Take advantage of your special offer IMMEDIATELY: https://m.conservhelp.com/AH0btCaan5j
Reply Stop to Stop

Jim Jordan: We're running out of funds

Our situation is DIRE. If we don't do a complete 180, we could fall short. I need to raise $30,000 by midnight to ensure we have the funds to win our primary on Tuesday, March 19th.
Can you pitch in $5, $10, or even $15 to help me and my team hit our goal? Your support is critical to our success. Please don't delete this text before you consider making a gift. https://m.conservhelp.com/5pMCPgG62yh
Reply Stop to Stop

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

❌ Breaking News! ❌

Trump has declared the Bud Light War over.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 9919700704
The Bud Light ad was a mistake of epic proportions, and for that a very big price was paid, but Anheuser-Busch is not a Woke company, but I can give you plenty that are, am building a list, and might just release it for the World to see. Why not, the Radical Left does it viciously to well run, Conservative companies - and people! Very nasty, but it’s the way they play the game! On the other hand, Anheuser-Busch spends $700 Million a year with our GREAT Farmers, employ 65 thousand Americans, of which 1,500 are Veterans, and is a Founding Corporate Partner of Folds of Honor, which provides Scholarships for families of fallen Servicemen & Women. They’ve raised over $30,000,000 and given 44,000 Scholarships. Anheuser-Busch is a Great American Brand that perhaps deserves a Second Chance? What do you think? Perhaps, instead, we should be going after those companies that are looking to DESTROY AMERICA!

It used to be an American brand years ago.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Now we know why the war is over. A lobbyist for Anheuser Busch is hosting a fundraiser for Trump. Now they aren’t so bad. Trump affection is definitely for sale.

Trump defends Bud Light ahead of fundraiser hosted by Anheuser-Busch lobbyist
https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2 ... fundraiser
The offer of a “Second Chance” from the frontrunner for the Republican nomination came as a major fundraiser for Trump’s campaign is set to be hosted by one of the beer company’s top lobbyists next month.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Big uproar over tic toc in the US. Its parent company is in China and many believe it is an instrument to spy on Americans and shape US policy. When Trump was President he tried to ban tic toc unilaterally with an executive order. His attempt failed. That hasn’t ended the discussion. Democrats and Republicans cannot agree on anything right now but, a bill came up to ban tic toc that just passed unanimously in the House. Biden says if it reaches his desk he will sign it.

Wait…hold on. This just in. Trump has announced his support for tic toc and now doesn’t support a ban? What? How could that be? What could possibly change Trumps mind like this? I’ll give you one guess….

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps- ... =108013785
As Donald Trump reverses his position on potentially banning TikTok ahead of an expected House vote this week on legislation that could lead to it being blocked in the U.S., the former president has been rebuilding his relationship with a GOP megadonor who reportedly has a major financial stake in the popular social media platform.

Trump met with the donor, hedge fund manager Jeff Yass, earlier this month at a Club for Growth donor retreat in Palm Beach, Florida, on March 1. The Club for Growth, a conservative political organization to which Yass has donated millions of dollars, has opposed anti-TikTok efforts.

Trump, in reversal, opposes TikTok ban, calls Facebook "enemy of the people"
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-reve ... of-people/

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump former Chief of Staff says he repeatedly praised Hitler, lol. I mean, why not? It won't make anybody stop supporting him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Four years ago today. Remember how badly Trump fucked up COVID?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:08 pm
Big uproar over tic toc in the US. Its parent company is in China and many believe it is an instrument to spy on Americans and shape US policy. When Trump was President he tried to ban tic toc unilaterally with an executive order. His attempt failed. That hasn’t ended the discussion. Democrats and Republicans cannot agree on anything right now but, a bill came up to ban tic toc that just passed unanimously in the House. Biden says if it reaches his desk he will sign it.

Wait…hold on. This just in. Trump has announced his support for tic toc and now doesn’t support a ban? What? How could that be? What could possibly change Trumps mind like this? I’ll give you one guess….

As Donald Trump reverses his position on potentially banning TikTok ahead of an expected House vote this week on legislation that could lead to it being blocked in the U.S., the former president has been rebuilding his relationship with a GOP megadonor who reportedly has a major financial stake in the popular social media platform.

Trump met with the donor, hedge fund manager Jeff Yass, earlier this month at a Club for Growth donor retreat in Palm Beach, Florida, on March 1. The Club for Growth, a conservative political organization to which Yass has donated millions of dollars, has opposed anti-TikTok efforts.

How about not banning any social media? Internet censorship is something that dictatorships like China do! How could anyone think that it is American or Constitutional to do so?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:45 pm
Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:08 pm

How about not banning any social media? Internet censorship is something that dictatorships like China do! How could anyone think that it is American or Constitutional to do so?
I think it's just the Chinese spy angle. Just get it in the hands of Americans.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ya, this internets thing has opened up a huge can of worms. 😎

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It just blows my mind that so many former Cabinet members and workers for Trump can say these kinds of dire warnings about him, and yet he still remains popular. Like, these people worked right next to him for years. This is his former Secretary of Defense talking, not some random bozo. And he's saying that Trump wanted to deploy the military and shoot people, shoot Americans. And it barely makes the news. Baffling. If any other President in American history had done this, and had his former cabinet members saying things like this about him, it would instantly sink their campaign.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

How many times in history has a former President not been endorsed by the VP who served under him? I guess it's also rare to lead a violent mob trying to kill said VP.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:47 pm
How many times in history has a former President not been endorsed by the VP who served under him? I guess it's also rare to lead a violent mob trying to kill said VP.

Pfft, never happened.