The Democrats

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: The Democrats

Post by Mori Chu »

The "kids in cages" thing is pretty close to a concentration camp. Nodack's list is pretty accurate, and pretty damning.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:04 pm
The "kids in cages" thing is pretty close to a concentration camp. Nodack's list is pretty accurate, and pretty damning.
So you agree with my list? I'll come back to debating each number later.

I don't understand why it's so hard to say 'yes, I agree' or 'no, it's a bit different than what I think'.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The point I and probably anyone not MAGA is, is that Trump and MAGA are the ones doing the fascist things, not the Dems. Cons are doing the, whatever they are accused of, accuse the other side of doing it worse routine. It’s a total broken record, especially with Trump.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:45 pm
The point I and probably anyone not MAGA is, is that Trump and MAGA are the ones doing the fascist things, not the Dems. Cons are doing the, whatever they are accused of, accuse the other side of doing it worse routine. It’s a total broken record, especially with Trump.
Lol, stop being a coward and answer the f'n question. I would think we could at least agree on that.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Your list was great.

My list of Trump/GOP doing all those things I’m sure irritated you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:54 am
Your list was great.

My list of Trump/GOP doing all those things I’m sure irritated you.
The only thing that irritated me was glossing over my point and question, so that we couldn't meaningfully discuss it sooner. It's important that we at least agree on definitions, then at least we have a common point of reference. Otherwise, we keep coming from different definitions of what we think of when we talk about it. It becomes super frustrating to talk reason to each other, because we then assume each other has zero interest in coming from a common vantage point.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump is the absolute worst thing that has ever happened to American Democracy in our entire history. I don’t believe a single word spoken by him or the GOP that he completely owns. I will do everything I can to fight this menace to our society I can. I am not going to get into a meaningful discussion on who is more or a fascist Trump or Biden. It’s a total joke of a question. Trump and the GOP want to end Democracy in America and I will do everything I can to stop them.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:16 am
Trump is the absolute worst thing that has ever happened to American Democracy in our entire history. I don’t believe a single word spoken by him or the GOP that he completely owns. I will do everything I can to fight this menace to our society I can. I am not going to get into a meaningful discussion on who is more or a fascist Trump or Biden. It’s a total joke of a question. Trump and the GOP want to end Democracy in America and I will do everything I can to stop them.
Your fanboys will be so sad you can't have a meaningful discussion.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I would be curious to know what you think is fascist about the democrats.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Dems flip an Alabama state seat from a Republican who resigned because he committed voter fraud.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:11 am
Nodack wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:16 am
Your fanboys will be so sad you can't have a meaningful discussion.
Us Nodackers aren't interested in your debate. :lol:
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Former senator and VP candidate Joe Liebermann has died.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:58 am
Unfortunately, most WWII vets are dead. This shit wouldn’t be happening if the Greatest Generation were still around.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Unfortunately, most WWII vets are dead. This shit wouldn’t be happening if the Greatest Generation were still around.
Yep, they are rolling in their graves.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 pm
Cap wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
There are about 100,000 still alive.

1944 would be at least 80 + 18 = 98. I wonder if there is any polling on how Trump does with 95+ year olds!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:57 pm
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

1944 would be at least 80 + 18 = 98. I wonder if there is any polling on how Trump does with 95+ year olds!
I don’t think they suffer fools gladly.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:01 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:57 pm
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

I don’t think they suffer fools gladly.
There was even a USS Arizona survivor still alive...until today. :(

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 171564007/
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Time passes. Generations pass. Get in line.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

More love for Nancy.