The Democrats

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: The Democrats

Post by Nodack »

If you say so.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:09 pm
If you say so.
Go ahead and prove me wrong.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t need to. All you have to do to prove me wrong is say I’m wrong. If I posted 20 articles you would just say they are garbage and post your 20 Twitter posts from random people being newscasters from their moms basement that prove you are right. What’s the point?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I can't think of a single example of Democrats being fascist. You just get mad when non partisan judges and juries convict your team for committing crimes.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Are we having a discussion about this? Where it goes back and forth?

I've given you numerous examples of fascist tactics. Maybe I need to come at this differently, because you either never read them or we have a disagreement on what exactly fascist tactics are in relation to history.

Where do get these fascist tactics in history and what are examples of those things that were done? Myself, I would use Nazi Germany and what they did for guidance on my examples.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

And many Americans liked Hitler and wanted us to emulate their style of government of fascism. Not just Cons. 24 US Senators were on his payroll doing Hitlers biding. Some of them didn’t even realized it. All of them anti-semantic. There was coup plans laid, military weapons stolen, weapons plants were destroyed by bombs planted. Japan attacking us quelled those plans.

Trump appearing to be pro Putin over and over and over is troubling. Trump kissing up to fascist dictators and heaping praise on them is troubling. No US President in history would do that until Trump. Fascist good. European Democracies bad. Not going to help them if attacked. Go ahead Putin do whatever you want we won’t intervene. If I’m alected we won’t give Ukraine a dime.

I don’t see Biden praising dictators. I don’t see Biden refusing to abide by elections results he doesn’t like and making up lies all over the place to justify his fascist tendencies. I see Biden unifying our allies against Putin and other dictators Trump loves. I don’t see Biden attacking all our US institutions like Trump does all day every day.

Keep getting all those messages from the GOP calling themselves Patriots. The people on Hitlers payroll in the US all called themselves Patriots too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm not trying to ignore or dodge you. What do you think are a few of the most compelling examples of current Democrats in power behaving in a fascist way?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:47 am
And many Americans liked Hitler and wanted us to emulate their style of government of fascism. Not just Cons. 24 US Senators were on his payroll doing Hitlers biding. Some of them didn’t even realized it. All of them anti-semantic. There was coup plans laid, military weapons stolen, weapons plants were destroyed by bombs planted. Japan attacking us quelled those plans.

Trump appearing to be pro Putin over and over and over is troubling. Trump kissing up to fascist dictators and heaping praise on them is troubling. No US President in history would do that until Trump. Fascist good. European Democracies bad. Not going to help them if attacked. Go ahead Putin do whatever you want we won’t intervene. If I’m alected we won’t give Ukraine a dime.

I don’t see Biden praising dictators. I don’t see Biden refusing to abide by elections results he doesn’t like and making up lies all over the place to justify his fascist tendencies. I see Biden unifying our allies against Putin and other dictators Trump loves. I don’t see Biden attacking all our US institutions like Trump does all day every day.

Keep getting all those messages from the GOP calling themselves Patriots. The people on Hitlers payroll in the US all called themselves Patriots too.
Apparently, I have to quote you so you absolutely understand that I am responding to you. I was talking to Mori, not you Nodack.

Even if I was talking to you, you didn't answer my questions, and instead tried to filibuster. It's a hard tactic to converse with.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:02 am
I'm not trying to ignore or dodge you. What do you think are a few of the most compelling examples of current Democrats in power behaving in a fascist way?
Let's not get that far yet, because we need to agree on some definitions first. Also, you avoided answering my questions.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:47 am

Apparently, I have to quote you so you absolutely understand that I am responding to you. I was talking to Mori, not you Nodack.

Even if I was talking to you, you didn't answer my questions, and instead tried to filibuster. It's a hard tactic to converse with.
Where do get these fascist tactics in history and what are examples of those things that were done? Myself, I would use Nazi Germany and what they did for guidance on my examples.
I thought I answered that question pretty well.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:11 am
I thought I answered that question pretty well.
So you think praising "dictators" is a fascist thing you associate with Hitler?

I guess this is where you misunderstood what I meant by fascist tactics. What did the government do to it's people that was representative of them?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

What did the government do to it's people that was representative of them?
I have no idea what you’re trying to say here.
I think Trump has praised Hitler. Trump praises Putin all the time. Trump praises the authoritarian Viktor Orbán all the time.

I don’t see Biden doing that. He hangs out with democratic leaders and praises Democracy unlike Trump who clearly hates it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:53 pm
What did the government do to it's people that was representative of them?
I have no idea what you’re trying to say here.
I think Trump has praised Hitler. Trump praises Putin all the time. Trump praises the authoritarian Viktor Orbán all the time.

I don’t see Biden doing that. He hangs out with democratic leaders and praises Democracy unlike Trump who clearly hates it.
FDR praised Hitler and Mussolini before they went to try World domination. That didn't mean FDR was fascist.

Come on Nodack, this isn't a trick question. What was Germany known for prior to the start of WWII in relation to how they did things to their own people?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Still not sure what you are asking for. Germany was known as the big loser of WWI and Europe said you are going to pay dearly and made Germany suffer financially. The German people were in the dumps and not happy with the situation. They were poor and suffering. Hitler promised them a way out and they latched on to him. His strong personality won over his people. As he gained more and more power he started getting more ruthless. He blamed the Jews for everything and his people started attacking Jews everywhere in Germany.

He gave a lot of German people pride and patriotism. They believed that he would lead them to a better life and out of the gutter they were in. That was good for awhile until there was no army left and Berlin was destroyed and Germany became known as the big loser of WWI and WWII.

Split T

Post by Split T »

That’s the comparison…Not all of course, but a good amount of Trump followers seem to have that us against them mentality and the them includes immigrants, Muslims, lgbtq…Florida is running lgbtq people out of their state. They are passing laws that let them harass any brown person they want…this is the stuff that feels fascist to me.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Of course trying to overthrow the results of an election also seems very fascist

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nah...
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

When I went to school(a long time ago) and learned about the Nazis and what they did, these were some of the things that I associated with them and fascism:
1. They blamed a certain segment of the country for their problems, and then ostercized them by making them wear a star on their clothes.
2. They created a propoganda system, owning every media outlet to spread lies.
3. They called them unclean and dirty, and blamed them for their health epidemics, essentially slowly turning people against them and dehumanizing them.
4. They took away the guns from the Jews.
5. They recruited their youth to be their brownshirts, to even turn against their families and turn them in.
6. They started burning books.
7. They censored speech of those that spoke up against them.
8. They started raiding homes without warrants and confascating property.
9. They started rounding up the Jews and their supporters to put them into concentration camps.
10. They started experimenting on those in the concentration camps without voluntary consent, and killed many due to these experiments.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:05 am
When I went to school(a long time ago) and learned about the Nazis and what they did, these were some of the things that I associated with them and fascism:
1. They blamed a certain segment of the country for their problems, and then ostercized them by making them wear a star on their clothes.
3. They called them unclean and dirty, and blamed them for their health epidemics, essentially slowly turning people against them and dehumanizing them.
5. They recruited their youth to be their brownshirts, to even turn against their families and turn them in.
9. They started rounding up the Jews and their supporters to put them into concentration camps.
10. They started experimenting on those in the concentration camps without voluntary consent, and killed many due to these experiments.
1. Trump calls brown people crossing the border Vermin and poisoning the blood of America. “I don’t know if you call them people,” he said at a rally near Dayton, Ohio. “In some cases they’re not people, in my opinion. But I’m not allowed to say that because the radical left says that’s a terrible thing to say.” “Jews who vote for Democrats are “very disloyal to Israel. Jews who vote for Democrats “hate Israel” and hate “their religion,”

2. “The Media is the enemy of the people.” Don’t believe what you see or hear. Only believe what Trump says.

3 “They are vermin. They aren’t human in some cases.”

4 You are still allowed to have at least 10,000 guns per person if desired.

5 Young Republicans https://www.yrnf.com/

6 Republicans have been doing that for awhile.

7. If you are a Republican you better be pro Trump or you RINO.

8 They had a warrant when they raided his estate after the refused to turn over classified docs.

9 Trump and allies planning militarized mass deportations, detention camps

10 Not yet.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:45 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:05 am
1. Trump calls brown people crossing the border Vermin and poisoning the blood of America. “I don’t know if you call them people,” he said at a rally near Dayton, Ohio. “In some cases they’re not people, in my opinion. But I’m not allowed to say that because the radical left says that’s a terrible thing to say.” “Jews who vote for Democrats are “very disloyal to Israel. Jews who vote for Democrats “hate Israel” and hate “their religion,”

2. “The Media is the enemy of the people.” Don’t believe what you see or hear. Only believe what Trump says.

3 “They are vermin. They aren’t human in some cases.”

4 You are still allowed to have at least 10,000 guns per person if desired.

5 Young Republicans https://www.yrnf.com/

6 Republicans have been doing that for awhile.

7. If you are a Republican you better be pro Trump or you RINO.

8 They had a warrant when they raided his estate after the refused to turn over classified docs.

9 Trump and allies planning militarized mass deportations, detention camps

10 Not yet.
Can we agree that the items I listed could be a characterisation of fascism? We can debate each point if you like, but we should at least agree on the definitions first.