Social media

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Social media

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He really doesn't know what he's doing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

And why should they? The $8 subscription gets you nothing of value. It's just vice-signaling.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Damning. This company is in a death spiral.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, what an embarrassment.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Emergency. LOL!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Now Twitter is starting to restrict the SMS two-factor authentication feature to be available only to paid Twitter Blue users. It's hard to emphasize strongly enough how stupid this is. Two-factor auth is a basic security feature to make it harder for others to hack into your account. The feature is one that should be more widely used, not less. Reducing its scope by restricting it to a small subset of users just means that Twitter will be less secure. Way to go, Elon.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Didn't know where to put this, but, here's the Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams declaring that black people are a "hate group" that white people should get away from.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He labeled all black people a hate group and then says he wants nothing to do with that group because of some poll? He obviously had this opinion before the poll. All people are just people. People like to group into like minded tribes out of fear of other people. He fears black people. Many black people fear white people. Fear = hate. The list of different groups/tribes/countries/religions/races that fear/hate each other across the globe is endless.

Small minds don’t see the big picture.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:37 am
He labeled all black people a hate group and then says he wants nothing to do with that group because of some poll? He obviously had this opinion before the poll. All people are just people. People like to group into like minded tribes out of fear of other people. He fears black people. Many black people fear white people. Fear = hate. The list of different groups/tribes/countries/religions/races that fear/hate each other across the globe is endless.

Small minds don’t see the big picture.
By hyperbole, wouldn't he himself now be considered a "hate group"? :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow. VERY disappointing. My mom LOVES Dilbert. I don't know if I want her to see this or not but I think she needs to know.

Of course it's all anecdotal. I don't understand how a seemingly intelligent person can think like this. He obviously doesn't know anybody of color. I can only think it's how he's influenced by media. He basically said as much.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Aren’t we all influenced by the media? Isn’t that it’s whole purpose? Each of us decide what is the truth and what isn’t. We get a lot of help from society and our surroundings. I checked out the Wikipedia link on Scott Adams and politically he has been all over the map.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Adams

Politics

Adams has often commented on political matters. In 2016 he wrote on his blog, "I don't vote and I am not a member of a political party."[65] In 2007, he suggested that Michael Bloomberg would make a good presidential candidate.[66] Before the 2008 presidential election he said, "On social issues, I lean libertarian, minus the crazy stuff."[67] In December 2011 he said that if he were president, he would do whatever Bill Clinton advised him to do because that "would lead to policies that are a sensible middle ground."[68] On October 17, 2012, he wrote, "While I don't agree with Romney's positions on most topics, I'm endorsing him for president."[69] In a blog post from September 2017, Adams described himself as being "left of Bernie Sanders, but with a preference for plans that can work."[70]
In 2015, although Adams stated that he would not endorse a candidate for the 2016 elections, he repeatedly praised Donald Trump's persuasion skills.[71][72] He extensively detailed what he called Trump's "talent stack."[73] Adams correctly predicted that Trump would win the Republican nomination and the general election.[74][19] In 2018, Adams similarly praised the persuasion skills of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.[75]

Controversies[edit]
Adams has compared women asking for equal pay to children demanding candy.[84] He caused controversy by pointing out "satanic coincidences" in the Joe Biden presidential campaign.[85] On Twitter, Adams argued that society leaves parents with only two options when their teenage sons become a danger to themselves or others — watch other people die, or kill your own son.[86]
The week of September 19, 2022, Dilbert was pulled from an estimated 77 newspapers after recent plotlines in the strip poked fun at woke culture and corporate ESG strategies. Part of the plotline involved an African American character who "identifies as white", and the company management asking him if he could also identify as gay. Said Adams of his strip being pulled, "It was part of a larger overhaul, I believe, of comics, but why they decided what was in and what was out, that's not known to anybody except them, I guess."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My favorite part of the video is where Adams says he's done helping out black people. Like, as if he's been donating them half his salary and volunteering in the projects or something. Sure buddy, everyone will miss your extensive black activism and allyship.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He’s probably thinking he would like to see none of his tax dollars going to help black people. Maybe he would be happy if there was a check box on his tax forms that says “None of my tax dollars go to help black people”. That doesn’t sound racist at all…

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

At least one paper is dropping the strip.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lol bye.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:24 pm
Lol bye.

Well hopefully he’ll come around and this can be a teachable moment someday. Sad.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Florida bill would require bloggers who write about governor to register with the state
https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/flor ... the-state/
In the bill, Brodeur wrote that those who write “an article, a story, or a series of stories,” about “the Governor, the Lieutenant Governor, a Cabinet officer, or any member of the Legislature,” and receives or will receive payment for doing so, must register with state offices within five days after the publication of an article that mentions an elected state official.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Big Brother is watching.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Florida, the most free state in the country! A conservative paradise of small government. Want to exercise free speech? Need to register as a rabble-rouser and a sympathizer.